Atyy burning after taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtito

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2011
Southern CA
So ive been having a weird problem with my 510 attys on my ego batt. After i inhale and exhale i get a really harsh burning taste in my throat. Im using just 510 atty, and i've been using one that has been de-bridge. i have been cleaning them with I-alcohol 70%. My juices are either 100%pg or 80/20. But for the last day i've been vaping on boba bounty. any help would be great!

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
WA
I bought a Riva 510 kit from vaporflow that had 900mah batts. I blew out the atomizers when I got it and didn't notice any weird taste from day 1. I bought my liquids from madvapes and got one of their Smoktech 2.0 atomizers as a spare. I just tried it out last night after blowing it out and it tastes god awful. I rinsed it and soaked it multiple times, tried dry burning for 15 seconds, nothing has helped. I notice the wick inside is sticking up quite a bit further than the stock atomizers, but even a quick burn with no cart on it and a couple drops of liquid directly on the atty I can smell the horrible burnt odor.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Well, I hope I have better luck. I just ordered 5 dualcoils and 5 Boge cartos. I am having the same burning issues. All my searches have only turned up keeping the wick wet, which we have both tried and doesn't work- and cleaning well.

I have 1 working atty now, out of 4. I only use unflavored, so I don't have gunked up issues. Right now the only thing different is that my working atty has only been alcohol cleaned (90 percent). The 3 I can't seem to get working were rinsed in water, shook off, rinsed in alc, shook off, set to dry for 1 week.

The one that works was rinsed in alc., blown dry and put into use the next day. I've been using it for 2 weeks now, and blow it out a couple of times a day.

I can take the cart w/ juice off that, prime these bad ones, and I get burnt taste after 6 hits. So my cart is good, juice is good, that only leaves the atty as the problem. Only thing I can think of is that I should've blew them dry- that I now have water deposits on them or something else that is keeping the wicks from staying wet.

Tomorrow, I'm going to soak them in vinegar to remove the water deposits, rinse them in alcohol, and blow them dry.

We all seem to be doing the normal things and IT'S NOT WORKING!!! Nobody seems to have the answers for this problem.

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
    WA
    Well I originally only blew my Smoktech atomizer out to get rid of the factory oil or whatever it is. I didn't rinse it or anything. I only resorted to rinsing and soaking to get rid of the bad odor and taste which I assumed was from the machine oil, but now I'm thinking maybe it's just a bad atomizer and no matter how much cleaning I do isn't going to matter. It heats up, it smokes with liquid on it, it just smells and tastes awful. I would think if it was a machine oil issue, soaking it 4 times and rinsing it 30+ times and drying it every time would have gotten rid of it.

ScooterGirl

ECF Veteran
    Apr 27, 2011
    CT
    Well I originally only blew my Smoktech atomizer out to get rid of the factory oil or whatever it is. I didn't rinse it or anything. I only resorted to rinsing and soaking to get rid of the bad odor and taste which I assumed was from the machine oil, but now I'm thinking maybe it's just a bad atomizer and no matter how much cleaning I do isn't going to matter. It heats up, it smokes with liquid on it, it just smells and tastes awful. I would think if it was a machine oil issue, soaking it 4 times and rinsing it 30+ times and drying it every time would have gotten rid of it.

That isn't machine oil; it's PG. They drip it into new atty's to keep the wick moist. +1 on blowing it out though. Straight PG tastes pretty nasty!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread