Status
Not open for further replies.

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
ok, coupe things about this tank.. I had HORRIBLE leaking when I first got it. I wold top fill it with the AFC/JFC closed, fill it and put the cap on until it touches the Orings then flip it upside down and finish tightenng it down (up??) then flip it right side up and open the AFC/JFC. this would cause leaking. IF you open the AFC/JFC BEFORE flipping it back over it dosent leak.

I have been cutting my wicks just below the deck and then tucking it under the coils works good for me. with simple wire builds (26g dual 3mm) I could only run it around 60 watts max before getting a burny taste. Not a dry hit, but definitely not good. seems the coils were getting to hot and just scorching the juice. But at 55 watts with two air holes open on a dual 26g 3mm ID 6 wrap and it was a GREAT vape.

Now Im running it at 150 watts with dual 3mm fused claptons (2x26G kanthal wrapped with 32G ss316) at 6 wraps. OH MY FREAKING GOD!! this thing ROCKS!!! AFC full wide open and rocking it all day!

Someone mentioned that the tank dosen't seem to secrete as much moisture from the AFC as the MT does... Yea... With my MT on my RX I was having to wipe off the top of my mod each time I refilled the tank. with the Boreas I have refilled it 5 times today, and never had to wipe the mod off. it dosen't put off any moisture out the AFC. Its great.

thomas l

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Bolivar MIssouri,United States
I've been talking with Subtank Supply and they will be getting more stainless.
However, they just put the black up for preorder! I told them we have a thread going here and they gave us a code:)
ECF10 for 10% off
Thanks for the head up ordered

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
However, they just put the black up for preorder! I told them we have a thread going here and they gave us a code:)
ECF10 for 10% off

Awesome!
Thank you for hooking us up, just pre-ordered the Black (plus a couple other goodies ;)

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Just got bored, cranked it up to 200 watts. took 3 hits back to back and it vaped GREAT! not a dry hit there. But then I got a Batt warning on the mod... oops. guess I shouldnt do that when batts are down to about 1/3rd full. Oh well, Just thought it was cool. Love this damn tank!!!!

Dampfsucht

Feb 20, 2014
USA
I screwed up on my last refill. Wound up putting in 8mg juice instead of the 3mg I had previously been using. To remedy the situation I turned down the power and closed the AFC down to just 1 hole. Running at 3 volts now.

Meanwhile built a dual fused clapton for the 2nd deck with larger juice holes. 27ga kanthal wrapped in 34 ga kanthal .31 ohm. Coils installed on deck and wicked with rayon.

I did remove the o-ring from the deck and compared it to some that I have on hand. Closest I had in size was a 13x1. Original seemed to be a bit thicker, more like 1.5. I'll try out the 13x1 and see if it works. Also had a 12x1. Original was binding on chamber wall when inserting the deck.

Noticed yet another price increase on Boreas at Subtank Supply and glad to see a coupon code available now.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I am thinking about getting one of these but one thing is holding me back. I wish there were separate controls for the juice and airflow. I wonder why it's not like that. I've read a few people have had trouble with leaking and it would seem to me if you could adjust the juice flow independently that would solve their problem.

What I'm saying is if you like an airy vape but use what I would call normal coils (not Claptons or anything fancy) that it might be advantageous to be able to adjust the JFC down while leaving the airflow open. Not ripping on it since I don't have one yet, just trying to figure out why the JFC and AFC aren't operated independent of each other.

Cheers,
Steve
I was skeptical of the JFC/AFC integration myself, but in practice on this tank its actually quite versitile, and works really well. I commented more on it earlier, and @Petabread also had some great insights on it, but if that's the only thing holding you back, don't worry about it.

Well just rebuilt with a fused clapton 2x26G kanthal wrapped in 32G ss316. 3mmID dual coils 6 wrap. Thing is Loving 130 watts!
Glad you got it sorted. I saw your post earlier about wanting to go higher than 90W or whatever it was, and was going to tell you to throw more metal at it, the heat flux on your old spaced 6 wrap build was just too high but was busy.

Only design flaw is it really, really needs knurling for the top cap. I really don't know why a lot of manufacturers don't have this. Seriously designer's why?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
No knurling was intentional on this one. Personally I agree with them on the Boreas. I prefer the clean polished look this has, knurling would ruin that imo.

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Noticed yet another price increase on Boreas at Subtank Supply and glad to see a coupon code available now.
The price increase is for the black only. If you select stainless, it goes back to $38.99. Then with the code it's 10% off.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
The price increase is for the black only. If you select stainless, it goes back to $38.99. Then with the code it's 10% off.
Noticed that as well. Even for the black one after coupon its still less than $3 more than I paid for the SS back on 3/10. It seems pretty common to pay an extra $2-3 for a black version of tanks.

Better watch it @MMW, don't want to get confused as a supplier. ;P

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
ECF10 for 10% off
Thanks for the heads-up. Black Boreas on pre-order :thumb:

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
No knurling was intentional on this one. Personally I agree with them on the Boreas. I prefer the clean polished look this has, knurling would ruin that imo.

It's a major ..... when re-filling and looks nice. The metal cap on my black and SS VCMT's have it but not the Delrin caps. Thus I rarely use the Delrin caps cause they such a ..... to open.

They could have put some on the edge, need it to get somewhat of a grip.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
It's a major ..... when re-filling and looks nice. The metal cap on my black and SS VCMT's have it but not the Delrin caps. Thus I rarely use the Delrin caps cause they such a ..... to open.

They could have put some on the edge, need it to get somewhat of a grip.

I get what you're saying, I just haven't had a problem gripping the top cap. If anything for me its the lack of metal to grip under the top cap that is my only issue thus far. If I tighten down my top cap tightly, the next time I try to take it off I can end up loosening the tank because there isn't much metal on the top of the tank to grip.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
I get what you're saying, I just haven't had a problem gripping the top cap. If anything for me its the lack of metal to grip under the top cap that is my only issue thus far. If I tighten down my top cap tightly, the next time I try to take it off I can end up loosening the tank because there isn't much metal on the top of the tank to grip.
Forget which tank, maybe the Goblin Mini V2 has it on the edge of the cap. Not the side, provides something to grip.

Tanks that are polished without something to grip are such a PiA. As you mention a lot of times you end up loosening the tank or base.

Designer's really need to address this.

No it wasn't the Goblin Mini V2 with the knurling on the edge, can't remember the tank. But it does have something to grip though.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Have they mentioned anything further about the crappy base o-ring situation? I'm on my last o-ring. Kind of dreading rewicking. Lol.

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Looks that way to me.

Boreas o-ring.jpg

Attachments

• Boreas o-ring.jpg
    Boreas o-ring.jpg
    802.1 KB · Views: 41

Jvincent516

Aug 29, 2015
Ok so the more I use this thing the more I fall in love with it. The flavor the smoothness of airflow and just the versatility of this tank is amazing. I'm definitely getting one in black. I kinda wanna cancel my pre order for the supreme because of the so-so reviews on it and just get two more boreas :unsure:
Oh and on the topic of knurling, I haven't had any problems so far. I love the stream lined look of the boreas, I wish more rtas looked like it lol
IMG_20160325_230312.jpg
IMG_20160325_234355.jpg

Last edited:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Havent ordered yet, been waiting on black. Will check $ situation and may pre-order.
On the knurling of the top cap issue, I have had similar issues on other tanks. For those who haven't figured it out just use a vape band. Many places include them with purchases now and they allow you to grip topcaps and ease disassembling tanks. Thought I'd mention it as it helped me.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Are we sure on the 12mmx1mm size?

I don't think so. Remember, orings are measured from the inside diameter so the ones that are breaking look more like 10mm. The cross section (thickness) is what I'm having problems with. I have the oring assortment from the oring store and the ones that are breaking look thicker than 1mm. Think I'll ask our girl to find out the size from Augvape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread