Augvape and Roxy Boreas RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I've just start vaping for 2 weeks and prefer flavor :) Can you guide me how many gauge and how many wrap is suitable for newbie like me? Thank you so much.
You have been vaping just two weeks and you went for a boreas? Good on you, learn to build and wick and you will have a brilliant setup

sacullen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Chicago, IL, USA
I've had mine for a couple weeks now, but shoulder surgery put my coil building on hold for a short time. Finally sat down today to get my black one set up. As I'm taking out the 2.5 deck, I noticed the positive post doesn't have any screws in it. No big deal, my Griffin came the same way. Maybe that's just how atties are coming nowadays lol.

Grab the spares and as I'm trying to screw them in I realize why there weren't any in the first place: the holes aren't threaded! I had to clean up and do some other things, but I'm assuming I can just switch the positive posts between the two decks. Can anyone confirm this?

*Edit* And big props to STS for processing and shipping the orders super fast. I was shocked when they showed up after two days.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
I've had mine for a couple weeks now, but shoulder surgery put my coil building on hold for a short time. Finally sat down today to get my black one set up. As I'm taking out the 2.5 deck, I noticed the positive post doesn't have any screws in it. No big deal, my Griffin came the same way. Maybe that's just how atties are coming nowadays lol.

Grab the spares and as I'm trying to screw them in I realize why there weren't any in the first place: the holes aren't threaded! I had to clean up and do some other things, but I'm assuming I can just switch the positive posts between the two decks. Can anyone confirm this?

*Edit* And big props to STS for processing and shipping the orders super fast. I was shocked when they showed up after two days.
Send them a pic and they should send you a correct deck or at least a correct pos post.

Reactions: MMW

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

Ouch. I'm sure STS will repair or replace, though. That's an oit and out manufacturing defect.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
[QUOTE="sacullen,I had to clean up and do some other things, but I'm assuming I can just switch the positive posts between the two decks. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

I can not imagine why the pos post would not be interchangeable on the 2 decks. But I would want SS to send me another and I am sure they would without any hesitation. But, until you get it, you should be able to switch them out.

Reactions: muth and MMW

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
[QUOTE="sacullen,I had to clean up and do some other things, but I'm assuming I can just switch the positive posts between the two decks. Can anyone confirm this?

I can not imagine why the pos post would not be interchangeable on the 2 decks. But I would want SS to send me another and I am sure they would without any hesitation. But, until you get it, you should be able to switch them out.[/QUOTE]
I'd be saying there exactly the same and should be absolutely no issues with swapping them out

Reactions: DP2Raja

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Finally took a few minutes and spun up some ss claptons. 28/22 and these beasties are screaming. :rickroll:
20160422_194517.jpg

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Yea I didn't mind my ss without the knurling, the threads would catch once in a while but nothing bad. It might just be because there's no juice in it yet but the afc feels smoother while moving also. I didn't think this rta could get any better but I guess I was wrong.

Plus all the o-rings were in perfect shape. Which is good cause my ss one needs them lol
My afc is not getting any better. Hoping to take it apart today and investigate. Any suggestions?

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
No standard dual 3.5mm wraps. Was short on time again so just did what I knew would work with minimal tinkering. At worst Saturday evening I'll start with big builds etc... With family and working over 120 hours in the past 2 weeks time has been at a premium.
I sympathize. Today I finally have the house to myself and my nextdoor condo neighbors will be jackhammering their bathroom! Lovely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread