hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I've only had to rebuild mine two or three times so far. I try to take out the old coil that I'm getting good flavor with and sit it next to the new one and clip the leads about the same length. It's worked so far. I still want to get one or two more of the intakes but am trying to wait for a good sale.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2018
    Land of Smiles
    Set up the new intake and flavor is muted, thinking I set the coil too high. The rta has pretty narrow sweet spot for me. It's a treat once I find it though.

Agree. Miss it by a fraction and it's a noticeable drop. Practice will make perfect I guess, don't get that much chance though as I use tanks (now tank) very little. The Ammit 25 and Serpent SMM are now in the spares drawer.

The one thing I do find is that the sweet spot isn't where most of the reviews say it is, even Mike Vapes. Makes you wonder ;)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Agree. Miss it by a fraction and it's a noticeable drop. Practice will make perfect I guess, don't get that much chance though as I use tanks (now tank) very little. The Ammit 25 and Serpent SMM are now in the spares drawer.

The one thing I do find is that the sweet spot isn't where most of the reviews say it is, even Mike Vapes. Makes you wonder ;)
    Nothing to wonder about. Sweet spot is 100% subjective. We each have our own.

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
    May 23, 2018
    Land of Smiles
    Nothing to wonder about. Sweet spot is 100% subjective. We each have our own.

True, not really the point I'm making though. Nearly all the reviews suggest keeping the coil low, numerous folks here and others I know with the tank have found that's not the case. The point I was making is just how much the reviewers really try these tanks out much. More likely, IMO, it's a case of build it, vape it, rave about (mostly), next. Inevitable I guess. But placing the coil low, as most reviews suggest, IMO gets the worst results from this tank. Maybe some reviewers idea of a sweet spot is crap flavour. Their call I suppose.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    True, not really the point I'm making though. Nearly all the reviews suggest keeping the coil low, numerous folks here and others I know with the tank have found that's not the case. The point I was making is just how much the reviewers really try these tanks out much. More likely, IMO, it's a case of build it, vape it, rave about (mostly), next. Inevitable I guess. But placing the coil low, as most reviews suggest, gets the worst results from this tank. Maybe some reviewers idea of a sweet spot is crap flavour. Their call I suppose.
    Not necessarily true. Some have been getting better flavor with single wire builds closer to af. I would guess a 2.5mm or smaller is a bit better low as well.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    True, not really the point I'm making though. Nearly all the reviews suggest keeping the coil low, numerous folks here and others I know with the tank have found that's not the case. The point I was making is just how much the reviewers really try these tanks out much. More likely, IMO, it's a case of build it, vape it, rave about (mostly), next. Inevitable I guess. But placing the coil low, as most reviews suggest, IMO gets the worst results from this tank. Maybe some reviewers idea of a sweet spot is crap flavour. Their call I suppose.
    Take reviewers opinions as just that...opinions.
    Since I started vaping the "rule of thumb" was, close to the airflow gives more flavor, further away more warmth.
    However rules are made to be broken.
    I'll have to try it further away, next build...:thumb:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    FT finally listed replacement bubble glass.
    Unfortunately it's not authentic Augvape, so can't confirm the fit.
    $1.71 Authentic Vapesoon Glass Tank for Augvape Intake RTA Atomizer - 4.2ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Just measured mine, it appears they are measuring the middle of the bubble tank so 26 is in the ball park. However the ends are measuring around 24.2 so more than likely these are ok. They just don't know where to measure I guess. Length looks ok.

:)

Last edited:
    Reactions: Mysteron

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Just measured mine, it appears they are measure the middle of the bubble tank so 26 is in the ball park. However the ends are measuring around 24.2 so more than like these are ok. They just don't know where to measure I guess. Length looks ok.

Never thought of looking at the measurements...LOL!
    I'll let you know if they fit. Should be here by November.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I run mine wide open. I still haven’t gotten around to ordering a back up. I actually made it a whole month without buying any vaping stuff. I’m rather proud. I know it won’t last.
    Been running mine wide open also, but I hate the way they have it reversed and you need the coil wound in the opposite way I am used to.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Both ways work for wrapping coils. Whether I remember or not I use the coil.
    I know so do I but it is harder to install the coil(for me) when it is facing down. Hands and fingers don't always have the flexibility needed to futz with getting the legs in. lol

Last edited:

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico
    Both ways work for wrapping coils. Whether I remember or not I use the coil.

I have done the same, but now with 2 of them, I have gotten used to wrapping the coil so it's on top. Easier to raise or lower coil wound that way. But both ways work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Does anyone know of a good sale going on where I can get a good price on one or two more of these? I know better but ordered a clone from 2F and it's not going well. I cleaned it and built it last night and it's flooding really bad. I built it just like I do my authentic one but there must be a tolerance off somewhere. I'm going to try to start over and build it again tonight. They did a really good job if it's not authentic then it really looks like it. The packaging and everything looked real.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread