• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Aussie mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi Trumpy,
my boy is actually walking around the house now,
eating like a horse,
and all is almost good again.
He has no muscletone,
so is very skinny,
and weak as a kitten,
but he will regain all strength and build up muscles again with time, Doc says he should back to normal in 6 months.
But will be able to go back to work in a month,
so all is good, thanks Trumpy.

sent PM to you with requests.

Di ........:wub:

SuperRogue

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
Hey Mr Dismal
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, could you please tell me about these mods. What they are for and the advantages of having them?. I have a couple of DSE-901's which I'm quite happy with (except for what seems like a buggered atty after only three days of use). Very hard draw even with fresh carts, any suggestions to fix that would be appreciated. Only been vaping a short time so I'm not up to speed on all the tricks.

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
Hi -Rogue, Mods (modifications) are PVs that have been made by users to address their own personal tastes and requirements. Some want longer battery life, some like to operate at different voltages some prefer different methods of juice delivery. Some just do it to say they have done it!!

Attys are possessed by Satan!! There must be some ritual they perform at the factory. I always have 5 or so on the go at any one time but always have a favorite that is working just how I want it at the moment. Funny thing is when I clean them all and start afresh there is always that special one (for a while) that seems to be the best. After a time I'll switch to another one as the favorite. Then all of a sudden another seems to out perform all the others. I can't explain it they just seem to like a little rest occasionally and seem to change when you ignore them!!

If the atty in question is clean and not flooded (blow through it until no more liquid comes out and then puff on it without the cart until you just start to get a burnt taste) just use it as your backup for a while and you may be surprised that one day it will suddenly burst into life and become the favorite (for a while!!).

Last edited:

MrDismal

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Australia, Melbourne
Thank silver, you just saved me a lot of time! :D
I know exactly what you mean when you say 1 atty always works better than the rest!

-Rogue, the only suggestion I have a thorough clean, surf these forums on the best way to clean your atty's and most of the time a good clean will unclog them.
Try getting the atty and placing your lips on the battery end (screw side) and giving it a good blow, you'll notice a lot of juice will fly out. But keep a tissue on the other end to catch all the bad juice. This should improve performance, but if it's still crappy, do other methods like soaking it in vodka. (But you can find how to do this on the forums.) If that doesn't fix it then it's a dud to begin with it's only been a few days of use.

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
This is more like smoking a pipe than cigarettes. When you get everything just right it's bliss!!!! You'll find quickly that all this experience will eventually add to the enjoyment when you think to your self "What I really want now is a nice creamy vape with lots of flavor and a gentle throat hit" and you know just how to get it. Then later when you feel like a fireball vape that you can feel from your throat all the way down through your lungs and almost to the tips of your toes you will know how to dial in your gear quickly to get that too. This is far more complex than grabbing another smoke that tastes exactly like the last smoke out of a packet. The enjoyment with this addiction is far more multifaceted!!! ENJOY!!

SuperRogue

Feb 13, 2010
Australia
This is more like smoking a pipe than cigarettes. When you get everything just right it's bliss!!!! You'll find quickly that all this experience will eventually add to the enjoyment when you think to your self "What I really want now is a nice creamy vape with lots of flavor and a gentle throat hit" and you know just how to get it. Then later when you feel like a fireball vape that you can feel from your throat all the way down through your lungs and almost to the tips of your toes you will know how to dial in your gear quickly to get that too. This is far more complex than grabbing another smoke that tastes exactly like the last smoke out of a packet. The enjoyment with this addiction is far more multifaceted!!! ENJOY!!

Silverthorn I'm drooling already:p. Unfortunately I'm back on the analogs coz of HG's holiday. I used to smoke Winfield rollies but I think the tastebuds have gotten more fussy since the vaping coz now they won't settle for anything less than a DAVIDOFF 8-o. Nice smoke but hits the wallet pretty hard.
1st lesson learnt: If there's a holiday involved - STOCK UP EARLY! :-x

Silverthorn I'm drooling already:p. Unfortunately I'm back on the analogs coz of HG's holiday. I used to smoke Winfield rollies but I think the tastebuds have gotten more fussy since the vaping coz now they won't settle for anything less than a DAVIDOFF 8-o. Nice smoke but hits the wallet pretty hard.
1st lesson learnt: If there's a holiday involved - STOCK UP EARLY! :-x

I have learnt the same lesson, am planning a good lil stockpile of my own:oops:

Mildew

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Oztralia
Hi all,
Having used the 510s for a while now, battery life has become a chore. I could get mega batts but the cig ends up way too long to put in your pocket without fear of breakage.
I've also looked at buying a ready made mod, and while I can see where the cost is, I can't justify spending the money (also considering many of them seem to have faults!).
Being a bit of a tinkerer, I've ordered some bits and peices from Heaven-Gifts and DealExtreme with the view to making something that will satisfy my want of a mod.
Ideally I would love to be able to machine my own body but don't have lathe so I started off looking at torches on DX. I'm not sure a tail mounted momentary switch on a E-cig would be that practical and torches with switches in the body are few and far between, so I then I looked at hand-held lasers. I've found a couple that may work and in fact I've ordered some of one style, however I don't know if they will get through customs..
Would like to hear from like-minded members and see if we can get some home grown mods happening.
- Dirk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread