• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Aussie mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapboy

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
sun burnt o z land
How'd you go with that double barrel mod vapboy?
Looks like customs have decided lasers are bad as my DX parcel still hasn't arrived (another order sent 2 days later came last week..) so mods are on hold for the time being.

finding the batt connectors for the 401 a PAIN IN THE ...:mad: to solder because they are so damm small and forever to get it right (still trying).
And when i got them right took a tout and it was .......** great but i drop it on the floor hard core styles and broke the connections (damm:mad:)

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
I made this neat little pop up mod for my wife so she didn't need to carry around the kitchen sink with her. As you can see when folded it's no bigger than her folding car key so they make a great grab and run pair.

It pretty much lasts her all day with 1000mah and she only needs to grab a spare Carto if she's going out for the day and she's set.

It has a built in USB charger with charge and protection pcb sunk below the Carto slide and operates as a pass through with the micro USB as well as her all day vape.

To operate she just flicks the safety off and slides the carto up. The connection is made at the top of the slide action.

It works so well I'll be making another one for myself. It fits neatly in the change pocket of your jeans and is the best stealth vaper I've come across. Simple to operate and ever so convenient!!!!

When I finished this one I was so impressed with the end product I was reluctant to hand it over and had to "test" it for her for a couple of days!!!

Mrs Lung Lolly thinks I'm the best husband there is!! :cool:

IMG_1672.gif

IMG_1673.gif

IMG_1674.gif

IMG_1675.gif

IMG_1676.gif

IMG_1677.gif

IMG_1678.gif

IMG_1679.gif

IMG_1680.gif

Last edited:

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
Wow thanks for the kind words!! :D

I'm working on a variation of the AAA and a AA version for myself and am working on a couple of trick bits like a fluid re-filler!!! Always believed the people trying to achieve successful bottom atty feeding were overlooking the Carto and the Carto people were not really looking for bottom feeding because we get so long from a refill.

Its still in Autocad but on the way!!

I've made an improvement to the charging and protection board and am reworking the slide and contact mechanism.

When I'm finished with the design I could do a small run of these for people if they want one....

I'll keep you informed.!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread