The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Aussie mods

Discussion in 'Australia - New Zealand Forum' started by Di, Feb 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gizmo

gizmo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Australia
    Hi Mildew...Kept looking at the lasers myself for a mod..I reckon customs will grab it...but if it slips through,let us know...good luck.

2. mynicknamerocks

mynicknamerocks Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Australia
    i've made 1 mod - it's a bit rough though... 5v PT for 801 atties - works wonderfully huge clouds of vapour

gotta bunch of 510 connectors on the way, gonna give a torch mod a go :p

3. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    There is a laser mod in Modders forum called BullDog Laser Mod.
    e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/54784-bulldog-laser-mod-easy-n-cheap.html

4. darkmonk

darkmonk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 17, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I survive on only a disability pension, plus the small amount I get helping a few friends and family fixing all there computers and setting up there new toys for them, e.g home theatres. I had my heart set on a Mod since the 2nd day I had my 510 kit arrive. So I looked and asked around, finally got offered an Xhaler from an other ecf member. I managed to kill 2 of my atties pretty quickly on it. Its been a steep learning curve, but my xhaler running at around 6v is so much tastier than a standard 510! I've managed to only smoke 3 analogs in the month I've had the 510.

Keep on vaping!

5. Silverthorn181

Silverthorn181 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2010
    ɹǝpun uʍop

G'day from sunny Brissy!! :rolleyes:

6. Di

Di ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2008
    *Australia*
    there is a golden rule for all attys guys ---

and it is more especially true for HV attys --

KEEP IT WET

they will burn out and blow real quick if you let therm get dry......:(

7. KiteStyle

KiteStyle Full Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2009
    Australia
    Do you think 6v makes any difference to put-it-down-ablility? I spend all evening hitting the 510. Someone made a comment that with their juice box they pick it up, vape for a few mins, put down for half an hour because they are satisfied. I am starting to think I would like something that.. so just wondering do you still end up hitting the xhaler all the time?

8. MrDismal

MrDismal Moderator ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    Yeah my 510 usb passthrough gets a belting in the evenings... I thought the 510 would be my last.. now I'm thinking I might try a big boy.

9. Bafyo

Bafyo Full Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sydney
    i'm planning on making a nanostick, also i did order some torches form deals extream along with the protected batteries. might try and play around with the torches

10. Kimmyw

Kimmyw Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    QLD Australia
    Ive been seriously thinking about a chameleon by Ikenvape, looks great and its not too big, you can use diff attys too.

11. darkmonk

Jan 17, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I love my new Xhaler. It only leaves my hand when I need to recharge the only set of 3V batteries I have for it, Then I get back on to the good old 510. The RCR123A protected batteries I have last about 11-12hrs of heavy use. Trying to source some more 3V RCR123A Protected Batteries here in Aussie Land without much luck. 3.6V Protected are easy to find. My multi-charger for my batteries hasnt arrived yet from DealExtreme. So I can't charge up my 3.6V Protected batteries I have for it.

12. Mildew

Mildew Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2010
    Oztralia
    I thought I was reasonably thorough at scouring the 'net, but it was only until I looked up Ikenvape that I found that their Laser mods use he same body as I ordered from DX... I do like their Chameleon Line too - for me it looks like the perfect mod.

13. Mildew

Jan 22, 2010
    Oztralia
    Made my first mod!
    Got some goodies from HG today, including 901 battery connectors and KR808 carts. I'm still waiting on bodies and batteries from DX but I was at Bunnings today and spotted a AAA torch that looked like it could be used.
    While it does have a clicky on/off switch on the tail it can pushed momentarily to turn the torch on (tested in store ;)).
    The 10440 3.7volt battery from my 510 passthrough was borrowed to power it.
    I won't go into construction details as some odd bits were modified to fit - eg: TV cable connector, plastic door handle..
    It is a bit odd pushing the tail switch to vape but I'm quite happy with the performance - even though the differance between the standard 510 batteries and the 10440 would be less than 1/2 a volt I can see why people say higher voltage vapes better. I wouldn't run these Kr8 carts any higher though as the vapour gets pretty warm as is.
    Cost of parts, including the battery, was less than $15.

Attached Files:

14. Dogsbody

Dogsbody Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2010
    Australia
    Nice work man! I am gunna have to have a go at making a carto mod.

The cartos do get quite warm, but sometimes they heat up real quick because the atty wire isn't centered, if thats the case, just gently push it back to the middle.

I have run the cartos at 6v ok if you keep it wet, but 7.4v is a bit much, it burns the filler too quick.

15. Mildew

Jan 22, 2010
    Oztralia
    Thanks DB.

I'd hate see what happens to Caramel juice at 7.4v!

16. MrDismal

MrDismal Moderator ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2009
    Australia, Melbourne
    Looks good Mildew!! Nice work, tried the laser yet?

17. Mildew

Jan 22, 2010
    Oztralia
    Not yet - hopfully I'll get that stuff next week (unless customs deem it naughty..).

18. vapboy

vapboy Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2009
    sun burnt o z land
    i picked up some stuff from jay car the other day and i might be working on a double barrel em4 doggie home stack styles i dont think it will go well:)

19. Mildew

Jan 22, 2010
    Oztralia
    How'd you go with that double barrel mod vapboy?
    Looks like customs have decided lasers are bad as my DX parcel still hasn't arrived (another order sent 2 days later came last week..) so mods are on hold for the time being.

20. darkmonk

Jan 17, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Customs will confiscate pretty much any laser unit that comes in. You can blame the dickheads who point them at airplanes etc. I have one I use for work and I dread the day it dies as its going to be a pain in the .... to get a replacement for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.