• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Aussie mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkmonk

ECF Veteran
I survive on only a disability pension, plus the small amount I get helping a few friends and family fixing all there computers and setting up there new toys for them, e.g home theatres. I had my heart set on a Mod since the 2nd day I had my 510 kit arrive. So I looked and asked around, finally got offered an Xhaler from an other ecf member. I managed to kill 2 of my atties pretty quickly on it. Its been a steep learning curve, but my xhaler running at around 6v is so much tastier than a standard 510! I've managed to only smoke 3 analogs in the month I've had the 510.

Keep on vaping!

Silverthorn181

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
ɹǝpun uʍop
I survive on only a disability pension, plus the small amount I get helping a few friends and family fixing all there computers and setting up there new toys for them, e.g home theatres. I had my heart set on a Mod since the 2nd day I had my 510 kit arrive. So I looked and asked around, finally got offered an Xhaler from an other ecf member. I managed to kill 2 of my atties pretty quickly on it. Its been a steep learning curve, but my xhaler running at around 6v is so much tastier than a standard 510! I've managed to only smoke 3 analogs in the month I've had the 510.

Keep on vaping!

G'day from sunny Brissy!! :rolleyes:

KiteStyle

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Australia
...Its been a steep learning curve, but my xhaler running at around 6v is so much tastier than a standard 510! ...

Keep on vaping!

Do you think 6v makes any difference to put-it-down-ablility? I spend all evening hitting the 510. Someone made a comment that with their juice box they pick it up, vape for a few mins, put down for half an hour because they are satisfied. I am starting to think I would like something that.. so just wondering do you still end up hitting the xhaler all the time?

Last edited:

darkmonk

ECF Veteran
I love my new Xhaler. It only leaves my hand when I need to recharge the only set of 3V batteries I have for it, Then I get back on to the good old 510. The RCR123A protected batteries I have last about 11-12hrs of heavy use. Trying to source some more 3V RCR123A Protected Batteries here in Aussie Land without much luck. 3.6V Protected are easy to find. My multi-charger for my batteries hasnt arrived yet from DealExtreme. So I can't charge up my 3.6V Protected batteries I have for it.

Mildew

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Oztralia
Made my first mod!
Got some goodies from HG today, including 901 battery connectors and KR808 carts. I'm still waiting on bodies and batteries from DX but I was at Bunnings today and spotted a AAA torch that looked like it could be used.
While it does have a clicky on/off switch on the tail it can pushed momentarily to turn the torch on (tested in store ;)).
The 10440 3.7volt battery from my 510 passthrough was borrowed to power it.
I won't go into construction details as some odd bits were modified to fit - eg: TV cable connector, plastic door handle..
It is a bit odd pushing the tail switch to vape but I'm quite happy with the performance - even though the differance between the standard 510 batteries and the 10440 would be less than 1/2 a volt I can see why people say higher voltage vapes better. I wouldn't run these Kr8 carts any higher though as the vapour gets pretty warm as is.
Cost of parts, including the battery, was less than $15.

Attachments

• 05032010057.jpg
    05032010057.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 05032010062.jpg
    05032010062.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 37

Dogsbody

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2010
Australia
Nice work man! I am gunna have to have a go at making a carto mod.

The cartos do get quite warm, but sometimes they heat up real quick because the atty wire isn't centered, if thats the case, just gently push it back to the middle.

I have run the cartos at 6v ok if you keep it wet, but 7.4v is a bit much, it burns the filler too quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread