Authentic Caravela price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigErn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2012
Georgia
Hey folks! I am the original owner of a Caravela mech tube mod. I have two tubes, both 18350, one in brushed SS and the other in polished brass. Sadly my days of mech mods are finished and I was curious if anyone knows what these are selling for lately? Even a ballpark estimate? I am about to offer them to a friend of mine who collects old, high end mods and I'd like to have a sense of where to begin with pricing. Thanks!

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hey folks! I am the original owner of a Caravela mech tube mod. I have two tubes, both 18350, one in brushed SS and the other in polished brass. Sadly my days of mech mods are finished and I was curious if anyone knows what these are selling for lately? Even a ballpark estimate? I am about to offer them to a friend of mine who collects old, high end mods and I'd like to have a sense of where to begin with pricing. Thanks!
Have a look at The Vape Trader. Perhaps some have been sold there that might give you an idea on pricing. The Vape Trader | Buy, Sell, Trade, New and Used Vape Mods, Tanks & E-Juice

There is an ECF member who is big into Caravela mechs but I can't think of his user name ATM. Sorry.

My take, if they are in mint condition you should be able to fetch nearly what you paid for them. Back in the day it wasn't unusual to see some resold for over list. IIRC the Caravela's always sold quick.

Good luck!

Reactions: smacuser

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Have a look at The Vape Trader. Perhaps some have been sold there that might give you an idea on pricing. The Vape Trader | Buy, Sell, Trade, New and Used Vape Mods, Tanks & E-Juice

There is an ECF member who is big into Caravela mechs but I can't think of his user name ATM. Sorry.

My take, if they are in mint condition you should be able to fetch nearly what you paid for them. Back in the day it wasn't unusual to see some resold for over list. IIRC the Caravela's always sold quick.

Good luck!
    @tj99959

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    There were only 999 Caravelas' made, but there were over a million 'made in China' clones made.
    So the only value is the number on the switch. I paid $525.00 for #162, but I also paid $4.99 for #1362 (new)
    The tubes really have no value, because there is no way to tell if it's an original or a HCigar clone.

Hope that answers your question.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'd like to have a sense of where to begin with pricing.

For the most part these old tube mechs aren't as sought-out as they once were in the vape market, maybe no lower than $300 since he's a collector, but...

I am about to offer them to a friend of mine who collects

...if he's you're friend just be careful. These things can end friendships or at least make him a mere acquaintance or less of a friend. I know this isn't the same exact same situation, but a long-time "friend" of mine tried to hard-sell/pressure me into buying over-priced energy and other services (that only an idiot would buy) through an MLM. Over the course of about 3 or 4 phone calls, I declined every time and schooled him on MLMs and the criminal recruiters (proven in a court) he was operating under, because I had a lot of experience with them and MLMs in general...and that was the end of our friendship. Never heard from him again. That was about 8-10 years ago. Money and friends or family simply do not mix well usually.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    For the most part these old tube mechs aren't as sought-out as they once were in the vape market
    True, here on ECF anyways. However they are sought after over on VU and on FB. VU's classifieds usually have a couple high end mechs for sale. They do sell. There is still a very healthy mech using community at VU and on Facebook.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    ...if he's you're friend just be careful. These things can end friendships or at least make him a mere acquaintance or less of a friend. I know this isn't the same exact same situation, but a long-time "friend" of mine tried to hard-sell/pressure me into buying over-priced energy and other services (that only an idiot would buy) through an MLM. Over the course of about 3 or 4 phone calls, I declined every time and schooled him on MLMs and the criminal recruiters (proven in a court) he was operating under, because I had a lot of experience with them and MLMs in general...and that was the end of our friendship. Never heard from him again. That was about 8-10 years ago. Money and friends or family simply do not mix well usually.

I agree with that totally. The ONLY reason I paid $525 for my Caravela is because I wanted it! And, I didn't care about the price. (Actually I traded a new stab wood vicious ant for it, and that is what the VA cost: $475 + $50 for shipping from England)
    The best place to sell a Caravela is at "Caravela Mods" on Face Book. (that's our page)
    "Caravelamods" on Face Book is Pedro's page.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    VU's classifieds usually have a couple high end mechs for sale. They do sell.

Are you referring to mechs in general or old-style tube mechs? I'm merely referring to old style tube mechs without constant contact fire buttons. In general, those don't seem to have anywhere near the market as all other mechs. But I gave up on VU and never go near FB so maybe there's a larger market for non-constant contact older tube mechs than I thought?

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Are you referring to mechs in general or old-style tube mechs? I'm merely referring to old style tube mechs without constant contact fire buttons. In general, those don't seem to have anywhere near the market as all other mechs. But I gave up on VU and never go near FB so maybe there's a larger market for non-constant contact older tube mechs than I thought?
    Both.

• Informative
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

schismz

ECF Veteran
    Aug 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    What's been mentioned above; there's a market but it's just not on this forum which is pretty quiet. VU and FB have the most activity, being allergic to Facebook I have an account signed in there to do nothing but participate in a few FB groups for vaping gear.

Mechs are basically metal tubes, they're worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Super T and GG mechs are what allowed me to transition to vaping full-time back in 2010, I have a pretty large collection of Super T and GG gear, Caravela, Ba Gua titanium (beautiful presentation, horrible mod), GP Paps, Nemesis, etc, etc, etc, many of which cost ridiculous prices at the time due to scarcity. None of them are available anymore, so the price amounts to whatever someone is willing to pay. If it's a casual user, it's doubtful they're going to pay too much because who really wants one? I've used all of mine, then just cleaned and packed them years ago and switched to Dicodes.

An important consideration for collectors would be the state of your mod. Many people who actually use their mechs have pretty beat up gear, because... heavy metal meet gravity! There's a considerable difference between pristine quality and something dented with scratches all over it.

The only people likely to pay top dollar for branded old-school mechs are collectors; nobody else is really going to care or understand why a battery holder is worth $500.

Last edited:
    Reactions: pt91 and Izan

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... Even a ballpark estimate? I am about to offer them to a friend of mine who collects old, high end mods and I'd like to have a sense of where to begin with pricing. Thanks!

That's a Tough One.

To a Total Stranger, and being a Big Believer in caveat emptor, I would have No Problem asking for $250 or so. But to a Friend? I'd have a Hard time asking that much.

BTW - The HCigar Caravela was my 1st Mech. Loved it. Then did a Magnetic Upgraded to the Switch. Loved it More. But like you, I moved away from Mechs after using it and a CopperVape Squonker for a while.

TravisJ8484

Feb 16, 2022
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Nope - Rules
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread