Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looking for a VV/Twist eGo automatic battery, preferably 650mah but may consider 900mah. (besides Vapor4Life). Chinese vendors OK.

I have a really old one that works kinda OKn (Smokeless Image Volt Spinner) but it's old now and it's also 808D-1 eGo. Looking for 510 eGo. Is this too much to ask in 2019?

I really love puttiing a small clearo with silicone DT on it with some RY4 and pretending it's a cigar whilst hanging from my teeth.

It's nice to simulate real smoking sometimes, I even still use cigalikes.

My box mods can't give me that experience lol.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looked at it via proxy. Says auto but picture shows manual and description specs say "Users are able to turn on and off the battery by clicking button". But will contact them. Who knows, could be automatic with on/off button?

However, I have no faith in this because Alibaba sellers frequently use keyword stuffing in their titles to get noticed. Makes the site a mess. Been that way for ages. Same with DHGate.

I came across a seller selling a cell phone with the first two words of the title as "twist ego" lol Twist Ego Kit Quad Core Android 4.2 1.5ghz Quad Core 5 Inch Fhd 1920x1080 Phone Quad Core Ipro Cell Phone - Buy Twist Ego Kit,Quad Core Android 4.2 1.5ghz,Quad Core 5 Inch Fhd 1920x1080 Phone Product on Alibaba.com

Thanks anyway.

Reactions: greek mule

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I cam up with a solution.

The Volt Spinner and X2 batteries (I actually have both) are 808 threaded but you can still fit an eGo clearomizer on them. Problem is that they do not fit well because the positive post on the coil head hits the 808 positive pin almost as soon as you start threading the clearomizer on. At that point, you have to put a fair amount of stress on it to grab a few of the ego threads to make is secure. And it works. But that leaves a lot of stress on everything from the chimney to the coil and coil threads to the positive post on battery and coil to the ego threads. But it works and it actually works very well. Sittin' here drinking a cup of coffee and vaping some peppermint on my cigar, err, umm, auto eGo ;)

No button, great vapor....beautiful! Been vapin box mods for the past few years and I just want to get rid of that button sometimes and get that cigar form factor going.

It's even good on the X2 battery, which is not VV with a LR coil. Not as good as the spinner, but still pretty good vapor assuming you are comfortable with cigar-like clouds.

To alleviate all that stress, I'll have to grind down about 2mm to 3mm or so off the coil head's positive pin.

So far I have tried 3 clearos:
    Aspire CE5-S BDC/BVC Clearomizer
    H2 Generic
    Kanger EVOD
    (Right now I prefer the Aspire because of it's lower resistance but I think the EVOD will work better once I get some LR coils for it because it has smaller air holes. The Aspire and the H2 are rather airy even with one hole plugged, but still very doable.)

All 3 work except they draw too much air and this does not allow the auto battery to active most of the time and vapor is minimal, so I have some 13mm ID vape bands I bought from Fasttech for my Subtank Nanos and placed that over the base of the clearo around to cover both the air holes. Since it's not a tight grip, it just so happens to let in just enough air to make great vapor and allow the battery to activate properly without flooding the coil. Now it's a great semi-loose MTL, pretty close to a cigar. I think a 12mm ID band hand would be a better fit, but those are probably impossible to find.

So if I can't find some decent 510/eGo 650mah batteries that are automatic and VV/Twist (and it doesn't look like I'm going to) this could be my solution If I can successfully grind down the positive post on the clearomizer without messing things up. Otherwise this setup won't last too long with all the stresses.

I know some may think this is a step backwards in vaping, but not for me. I'm tired of vaping from a box all the time for all these years. It has its uses in my life, but box vaping isn't a relaxing way to vape (or smoke for that matter), IMHO. It's strictly for nic delivery. Now THIS, this is living! :)

nzG66Dy.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread