Availability and safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

slappy

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Chicago
Could you please specify exactly those few misinformed statements sir Admin/Benevolent King Moderator Supplier Complaints Officer PIF Group Owner ECF Veteran Supporting Member Elendil?

Just because otherwise your statement is just an naked attempt to fetch me down, pardon *

* all of my posts has links to the sources (incl ECF threads I've read, manufacturers & suppliers)

WOW, how humble you are. I don't claim to be as educated, and astute as you, however, one flaw in your approach. You seemed to be arguing a very small minority point of view. That is a minority of one. And from what I've read a feeble one. From what I can see, if you are not a troll, then I must encourage you to agree to disagree.

If you are a troll, you deserve the lashing you get and are failing miserably at turning anyone from their opinions on the subject.

Last edited:

Zal42

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
Oregon
Could you please specify exactly those few misinformed statements sir Admin/Benevolent King Moderator Supplier Complaints Officer PIF Group Owner ECF Veteran Supporting Member Elendil?

Everything you stated, both correct and exaggerated, has been answered in this thread. Nonetheless, you continue to repeat the same assertions as if they have gone without answer (and even make up new, imaginary, and ludicrously fear-mongering ones like that corroded battery nonsense). I don't see why anyone, not even the admin, has to summarize it all for you.

Your attitude and approach indicate that your goal is not honest inquiry or debate. It is simply to frighten. Your intent is unclear, since you have equally made it clear that you have no interest in taking up the habit. The only thing I can conclude is that you either enjoy stirring the pot or you have an ulterior motive of denigrating vaping and insulting the intelligence of those who choose to do it.

The only clear, fundamental point that you have made is that vaping is not as safe as abstaining from nicotine completely -- which is a point that 99% of the people here would agree with anyway. And yet, even once that point was made and acknowledged, you keep up your hostile rhetoric.

Based on all of this, it is clear to me that you are trolling and therefore your posts, while amusing, are of no actual importance and don't really require any further response.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
See this link for more information: Neuroscience For Kids - nicotine
Did nobody see the beauty of the "name" of this link?

The best part is, I didn't even do that myself.
I couldn't have gotten a better name for the link if I had tried to make one up.

And yeah, I quoted myself, deal with it.
:)

Volgot

Feb 8, 2011
Stockholm, NJ
I was too lazy to check this info:

Some studies have shown we may be absorbing as little as 10% of the nicotine from vaping.

This assertion was a fake.

First, I found on this forum:

the amount absorbed from e-liquid is probably typically in the range of 30 - 50%
How efficient are e-cigarettes at nicotine delivery?, Last edited by kinabaloo; 11-21-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Than found also this:

The e-cigarette: Each puff provides an estimated 0.003 to 0.194 mg nicotine (0 mg - 16 mg cartridges respectively) ** Assumes 15 puffs per cigarette
Health New Zealand Ltd Information Sheet

- 15 puffs per cigarette is: 0.194 mg X 15 = 2,9 mg versus 1 mg in one analog.

And user with 6,500 posts can't don't know about it.

Also, found this studies which confirms my first post about PG oxidation:

Code:
[B]Table 3.1.2 Compounds measured in first 38 ml sample of e-cigarette mist.[/B]
Compound      Mean    Units
Acetaldehyde  0.34    Ppm
Acetone       0.16    Ppm
Formaldehyde  0.25    Ppm

[B]Table 3.2.1	Screening of cartridge headspace vapor and mist from the e-cigarette[/B]
              Lincoln University   Syft Analytics Ltd
Acrolein            NO                  YES 0.33 ppm

http://www.healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartridgeReport30-Oct-08.pdf

Everything you stated, both correct and exaggerated, has been answered in this thread

I don't need any answer, I did not ask any questions. All info I used to find myself, and sometimes share found.
You may just check it out, or not. This is info-forum, and freedom of speech has not been canceled.
Just possibly separate 'answers' and counter-arguments of suppliers. Have a nice day!

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Hi everyone. A little off topic ( maybe) but is there a setting that I can use to make a specific posters threads and responses not show up for me? I don't know if I can do that.

Go to the profile of the member you want to ignore and select "add to ignore list"

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
This assertion was a fake.
First of all selective quoting makes you look cheap and tawdry.

Go read my statements again, they are in post #48 above.
I said it may be anywhere from 10% to 40% because we really don't know.

Than found also this:

The e-cigarette: Each puff provides an estimated 0.003 to 0.194 mg nicotine (0 mg - 16 mg cartridges respectively) ** Assumes 15 puffs per cigarette
Health New Zealand Ltd Information Sheet

- 15 puffs per cigarette is: 0.194 mg X 15 = 2,9 mg versus 1 mg in one analog.
I can't see where you gathered that 0.003 was for 0mg juice and 0.194 is for 16mg juice.
I tried to figure it out, but then I decided it wasn't worth the effort when I saw the rest of the chart.

According to that chart only 0.80mg of nicotine is absorbed for one "cigarette worth" of 16mg strength juice.
So not sure where you are getting the 2.9mg of nicotine absorbed.

Your math, though, is fascinating to me.
I'm not sure why you bothered with all the math when the chart states things quite clearly.

And I will also add that you are working quite hard to make some kind of point.
I applaud your effort, and wonder at your motivation.

Last edited:

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Wow very off topic, but I've been following this thread for the last 2 days. I can't believe people thought I was a troll. Hahaha!!! Even I have to admit I was nowhere close to this extreme. Dc2, you back this forum up 110%!! I'd say keep up the good work, but seriously don't let this guy get under your skin. Just like the others said, before defending a single point that was brought up, he diverts and picks up another topic. Exactly like a psycho ex girlfriend I had. In the end I had to walk away. It's a trap I tell you, but entertaining, frustrating, and informative all at once. Lol. I'll be back for more drama!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread