Avoiding pocket pressing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
I searched the forum, but most of the posts were recommending a case, and the links were mostly broken now.

I was wondering how you avoided pocket presses if you keep your mod in your pocket. I used to carry the Pico with the buttons on the bottom they never got pressed. I'm using a larger atomizer, so I switched to the Swag 2 and the wattages are always getting pressed in my pocket.

I can use the Pico with a heat sink, but I was wondering if you used mods that don't get pressed easily in the pocket, or if you do use those cases or something similar to avoid this.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
If it's destined for pocket carry... Turn the Mod Off before inserting in a pocket. If it's a mech, lock it first or better yet remove the battery.

Don't think you wanna be "that guy" making the headlines on National News.

But if you insist on pocket carry...

I've never carried a mod in a pocket. It's not worth the risk.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've had Pico 75 watt mods all day in my work pant front pockets for years when both sitting and active and never turned them off. Never had a button press that I know of. Can't see it happening even with tight pants. OTOH, if you have a mod with buttons that sick out farther and are easy to press that could become an issue.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
I've had Pico 75 watt mods all day in my work pant front pockets for years when both sitting and active and never turned them off. Never had a button press that I know of. Can't see it happening even with tight pants. OTOH, if you have a mod with buttons that sick out farther and are easy to press that could become an issue.
Is that the only mod that has buttons safe for pants that you know of? I guess those picos aren't as available as they used to be?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Every mod is pocket friendly if you shut it off. That's why they are programmed for 5-clicks because the chances of it being turned on in 5 consecutive clicks on your pocket is slim. Innokin uses 3 clicks but their buttons are also usually much stiffer than most other mod's I've had - almost too stiff for my taste.

I guess those picos aren't as available as they used to be?

Picos are still available, but if you need updatable firmware that is where you run into short supply. But if you don't need updatable firmware capability picos are still available with USB-C instead of Micro USB.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    Avoiding pocket pressing....hmmmm. Easiest way to do this is don't carry a mod in your pocket. If the fire button ever gets accidentally pressed and you don't realize it at first, you will definitely realize it soon enough. Look like that guy in the video, doing St. Vitus' dance with sparks shooting out of his pant leg.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Is that the only mod that has buttons safe for pants that you know of? I guess those picos aren't as available as they used to be?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

It's the smallest and lightest mod I own so it's very pocket friendly, specially paired with a small tank, and all I've ever used. I would think any mod that has a similar button style is an option, but this is the only one I have personal experience with.

These are still available on Fasttech, but as UncleJunkle said they have USB-C ports now. The stock firmware doesn't do TC very well. I've tried Arctic Fox on a couple and that gives them very good TC performance. Unfortunately you can't do that with the USB-C ports. I am always in VW mode and the stock firmware handles that very well. These are also limited to 23mm diameter tanks. They say 22mm, but there is just enough room to get a 23 mm on them. If you want to use bigger diameter tanks the Pico plus goes up to 25mm and that might also go a little more, but I don't know that for sure.

I've also found that the SS color is the most durable finish over time.

Best of luck with it, whatever you decide to try :)

Vandal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I searched the forum, but most of the posts were recommending a case, and the links were mostly broken now.

I was wondering how you avoided pocket presses if you keep your mod in your pocket. I used to carry the Pico with the buttons on the bottom they never got pressed. I'm using a larger atomizer, so I switched to the Swag 2 and the wattages are always getting pressed in my pocket.

I can use the Pico with a heat sink, but I was wondering if you used mods that don't get pressed easily in the pocket, or if you do use those cases or something similar to avoid this.
    The Swag II has a wattage lock feature- 3 clicks for lock, another 3 clicks to unlock. Of course, that doesn't help with the fire button.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 22, 2015
    Rapture
    Never had the issue myself. tbh, the mod is rarely out of my hand or mouth
    Sure fire way to stop the pesky pocket pressing

although, I think some mods do, obviously not mechs but they should all have an auto shutoff after x seconds for safety. Who needs a 20 second plus drag

listopencil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    The Swag II has a wattage lock feature- 3 clicks for lock, another 3 clicks to unlock. Of course, that doesn't help with the fire button.

This is the way to go. I lock all of my mods like that when in use. You can also try keeping the mod turned to the loosest side of your pocket. It's usually towards the inside if you are wearing guy pants or shorts.

TheCircuitBox

Mar 18, 2022
    I just made a case for bro's tube device out of leather. Since the leather is thick the button is recessed. I also made one that attaches to the belt like a holster. It's looser fitting, if you press hard enough you can activate it. My girl has a pretty small one and turns it sideways in her back pocket. I used my girls Smoke Acro and it kept firing. So I stopped using it.

Reactions: DavidOck
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread