Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
1. We still disagree on 1) Zog. I could make slots deeper. It was very easy. But having 0,5 threads before totally open the slots it was a thought to avoid overflooding of "very easy overflooded" atomizers.

2. I didnt understand the "3cm" of unused space

3. I agree again but that doesnt mean that Ody is not an all in one device

4. Thanks Zog. :)

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
Imeo,

I wish to point out one point. Well maybe a couple, or several, we shall see. Under the facade of disagreement, albeit cordial as always, there are accolades in the story.

I quit smoking 11/11/2011.. Shortly after the world was supposed to end ;).. Mostly just timing as I was vacationing with a dear friend, and part of that was to get me off analogs.. She had done it it a year prior, and could show me the ropes. A few egos, a box of carts, and some 24 mg juice and I was done.

And it worked. But it wasn't as good as I thought it could be. The right brained side of me started to do some research. Both by the foundation of the forum, and the product, I was one of the few that went from a PIF ego, to GG. The UFS was next, but out of stock.. but I got an order in after checking it was cool to order international, and buying one from Chaos.

Once I got that figured out, and found a good atty, I dropped to 18mg as 24 was to much given the performance. Then I found i06 dripped it, and I'm down to 12mg.. Now I have UFS and i06 thanks to wharf rat, and I'm going to drop to 8mg.

At this point I have 4 UFSes, each with a flavor so I can easily swap.

It's the vaping nirvana I don't know I was looking for 4 months ago. But I'm done looking. Per your sig, consider this vapor "satisfied".

I know the intent was to have Ody satisfy all needs. It's the best rebuildable out there. Probably more for those that want to buy/treat wicks, and go deep into the DIY aspect of it. I wish them well, but it's simply not for me. I left for work at 7:30a and got home at 7:00 PM.. the last thing I want to do at that point is build an atty. I just grab the flavor d'hour and go..

IMO Ody is an acceptable 510 tank, should the need arise, but UFS was build for it, and the difference shows. That said, there is probably even still a market for it..

Both are amazing, but one does not supersede the other.

Best,

-Z

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
#5 just needs a top cap. #6 is in customs, #7 and #8 are contingent on seller not liking i06 + UFS + wharf tube. I suck at sales, but do well as an evangelist ;)

-Z

I'm going to have to get my .... in gear, I don't want to be humiliated if/when I get to Vapestock!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

MAlzado

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
USA
Hey Mike, Try this.

Starting with an empty UFS:

Screw the juice tank all the way in to the bottom.
Screw the air control ring all the way to the bottom. (air holes covered.)
Install atty.
Now, UNscrew the juice tank back as far as it will go. (until it contacts the bottom of the atty.)
Fill with juice & cap it off.

Now... Screw down (open) the juice tank 1/8 - 1/4 turn and open the air ring 1/4 turn or so.
Here's the secret part:
Now loosen the little 1/2 inch ring on the very top a bit & give it one quick dry hit. (You should feel a tiny gurgle.) This step relieves the vacuum inside the UFS and primes the atty.
Then tighten the little cap & vape.

Frankly, loosening the little cap at the top & giving it a quick dry pull is a better form of 'juice control' than the juice control itself for the first half of the tank. When you begin to taste dry hits on a pretty full tank you need to remove the vacuum, not open the juice control.

Hope this helps.

Oh, PS... You've got a whole set of O-rings comin'. :) Do the Vaseline thing that Imeo recommends on ALL the UFS O-rings & threads. (even the plastic window) It works!

Last edited:

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
Hey Mike, Try this.

Frankly, loosening the little cap at the top & giving it a quick dry pull is a better form of 'juice control' than the juice control itself for the first half of the tank. When you begin to taste dry hits on a pretty full tank you need to remove the vacuum, not open the juice control.

Hope this helps.
Different styles I guess... I haven't fixed the vacuum via the top cap for a while... I though I needed to, but was on the interstate at the time. Tightened air (with one hand) got the things going..

That, and there is going to be fluid in the threads of the topcap. Messing with it seems to always be messy.

The vacuum is actually somewhat essential to the operation. Tuning it is key, IMHO.

-Z

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
4. we still have the ability for a new mouthpiece as I said before that will allow drip tips.:)

I like this idea about the mouthpieces and I'm glad I found this thread.

I've been doing some hefty web / forum searches and GG / Odysseus Wiki searches on whether or not a custom mouthpiece (drip tip) was made and could be used with the stock mouthpiece / juice flow control. If anyone knows if there are some nice pieces available or if a mouthpiece would even work on the stock Ody flow adjustment... please advise.

I'm breaking cherry on very first Odysseus + Expansion Kit (Yayyyy Me) that should be arriving early this week. Needless to say I'm pretty damn amped about it.

My story is very similar to Zog's in that I've been off the darts now for 3 weeks this Monday and haven't looked back, looking to vaping as an alternative.

My girl talked with me about wanting to stop hitting the darts and asked if I would consider leaving them behind as well. She ordered a stand alone ecig and asked if I would use one as well. Long story short... I researched and found her a really nice PCC kit - cigarette style with cartos - and she's more than happy with her little kit. Just puff and go. She doen't get into things as in depth as I do.... not even close. But, the imitation cigarette wasn't good enough for me. I went from that one little stand alone (which I sent both of them back) to researching mini tanks, to the eGo to the ProVari and to the GG Line.

Anyway... the backlog to get an item of desire was definitely testing my patience. I did my do diligence researching all the rebuildable attys and really like what I read and watched on YT on the Odysseus and the UFS (Only I wasn't too thrilled with the patriot rebuildable atty I mostly saw inserted into the UFS) Scott Bonner (Igetcha69 of ECG, YT and ECR) was really instrumental in getting some useful information my way. - Good dude.

I went full throttle in my research, asking tons of questions, shooting off emails to vendors asking questions, phone calls to vendors and asking questions in posts on the ECF. Anyway.... I have a much better grasp on what I'm looking for and what's available on the market than I did 3 weeks ago. I know 3 weeks sounds like a short amount of time, but I absorb masses of information and move very quickly.

Even prior to receiving my first Odysseus, I'm curious to get my hands on a UFS as well. I wish these items were currently vendor available.... the waiting is a killer.

I would much prefer building my own atomizers and customize my own coils to my own preferences and specifications. That's the primary reason for my wanting a rebuildable atomizer.

Zog, you did bring up a point about juices being heated during the time the liquid is in the tank while vaping.

1. Are there any negatives that you've discovered to the liquids by being heated prior to vaping?

2. Liquid left in the base of the tank. I've watched Imeo's videos on the Ody assembly, full mode, drip mode, etc... and other vids, I've even pulled the diagrams off the Ody Wiki page to inspect each piece.

Question for Imeo: Why are there no small holes around the base bottom of the Odysseus as in the UFS to utilize very bottom juices (Below the juice feed) from the very bottom of the tank base?

Question: Does the leftover liquid when a tank is going dry get wasted, meaning does all the liquid in the tank get used down to the last drop - or is there a point that the liquid can no longer be pulled into the atomizer when the tank is draining?

Just trying to gain a bit more information in anticipation of receiving my Odysseus.

I appreciate the insights.... and glad to be on board with my very 1st (hopefully of many) GG product!

Keep up the great work Imeo!!

Peace-

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Theoretically,with the wicks in the Ody you should be able to pretty much vape it dry;
Also theoretically,with a UFS feed holes location,you should be able to do it too.

But mishaps happend all the time,coils go bad,break,atties burn,etc.

Anyways,you can always pour the remaining juice in a bottle,like when you want to change flavors

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Thanx for the response Martin,

I hear ya'... theoretics is one thing and reality is another. Many variables including environmental variants (humidity, high altitude, etc...) govern reliability, stability and performance.

There will always be a lot of trial and learn as well as asking those who have already been the the process.

Peace-

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Thanx for the response Martin,

I hear ya'... theoretics is one thing and reality is another. Many variables including environmental variants (humidity, high altitude, etc...) govern reliability, stability and performance.

There will always be a lot of trial and learn as well as asking those who have already been the the process.

Peace-

And those that have been in the process most of the time are still learning a few new quirks!

A big batch of new vapers (me included) that started vaping at the end of last year will have a surprise this summer,a new set of laws will apply (hot temps,high humidity,etc) as I read somewhere that PVs and e-cigs dont really like temps over 25C

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
I like this idea about the mouthpieces and I'm glad I found this thread.

I've been doing some hefty web / forum searches and GG / Odysseus Wiki searches on whether or not a custom mouthpiece (drip tip) was made and could be used with the stock mouthpiece / juice flow control. If anyone knows if there are some nice pieces available or if a mouthpiece would even work on the stock Ody flow adjustment... please advise.

I'm breaking cherry on very first Odysseus + Expansion Kit (Yayyyy Me) that should be arriving early this week. Needless to say I'm pretty damn amped about it.

My story is very similar to Zog's in that I've been off the darts now for 3 weeks this Monday and haven't looked back, looking to vaping as an alternative.

My girl talked with me about wanting to stop hitting the darts and asked if I would consider leaving them behind as well. She ordered a stand alone ecig and asked if I would use one as well. Long story short... I researched and found her a really nice PCC kit - cigarette style with cartos - and she's more than happy with her little kit. Just puff and go. She doen't get into things as in depth as I do.... not even close. But, the imitation cigarette wasn't good enough for me. I went from that one little stand alone (which I sent both of them back) to researching mini tanks, to the eGo to the ProVari and to the GG Line.

Anyway... the backlog to get an item of desire was definitely testing my patience. I did my do diligence researching all the rebuildable attys and really like what I read and watched on YT on the Odysseus and the UFS (Only I wasn't too thrilled with the patriot rebuildable atty I mostly saw inserted into the UFS) Scott Bonner (Igetcha69 of ECG, YT and ECR) was really instrumental in getting some useful information my way. - Good dude.

I went full throttle in my research, asking tons of questions, shooting off emails to vendors asking questions, phone calls to vendors and asking questions in posts on the ECF. Anyway.... I have a much better grasp on what I'm looking for and what's available on the market than I did 3 weeks ago. I know 3 weeks sounds like a short amount of time, but I absorb masses of information and move very quickly.

Even prior to receiving my first Odysseus, I'm curious to get my hands on a UFS as well. I wish these items were currently vendor available.... the waiting is a killer.

I would much prefer building my own atomizers and customize my own coils to my own preferences and specifications. That's the primary reason for my wanting a rebuildable atomizer.

Zog, you did bring up a point about juices being heated during the time the liquid is in the tank while vaping.

1. Are there any negatives that you've discovered to the liquids by being heated prior to vaping?

2. Liquid left in the base of the tank. I've watched Imeo's videos on the Ody assembly, full mode, drip mode, etc... and other vids, I've even pulled the diagrams off the Ody Wiki page to inspect each piece.

Question for Imeo: Why are there no small holes around the base bottom of the Odysseus as in the UFS to utilize very bottom juices (Below the juice feed) from the very bottom of the tank base?

Question: Does the leftover liquid when a tank is going dry get wasted, meaning does all the liquid in the tank get used down to the last drop - or is there a point that the liquid can no longer be pulled into the atomizer when the tank is draining?

Just trying to gain a bit more information in anticipation of receiving my Odysseus.

I appreciate the insights.... and glad to be on board with my very 1st (hopefully of many) GG product!

Keep up the great work Imeo!!

Peace-
Great story. You made me get off the iPad and get my laptop for the reply.

Our stories sound similar.. Find the need, research the hell out of it, and act on it. Once you find it's right, you know it, akin to what Gladwell wrote in 'Blink'.

>Zog, you did bring up a point about juices being heated during the time the liquid is in the tank while vaping.

One off my daily vapes is Humming Bird Nectar from KBV (Dog and Clay have a review). It's absolutely clear at start. It darkens as I empty a tank, and the same happens for other flavors as well. Something is going on, I assume thermolysis, either with the substances in the flavors, or the nicotine, or both. In either case, I consider the liquid in any tank to become more tainted every time it's exposed to heat. And I find the flavors change as I lower the tank, particularly with the sweeter vapes ( Humming bird, Dragons Blood), but not as pronounce in the 'tobacco' blends ( Casablanca, Bogart, Red Box), and middle ground with an RY5.

I consider the reaction to simply be that of a flavor purist, so I reset each time. I'm sure if one asks enough people, someone will eventually say that the liquid that has seen the thermolysis adds "body" and "character" to each subsequent tank.

All very subjective. I Like to empty as far as I can, move the atty to another, fill it, and go..

Good luck, and congrats on finding a good solution so quickly.

Best,

-Z

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Thanks Z

I have a feeling I'm going to be spending much more time learning and tweaking the intricacies of simple modding and development, as I always do with everything I involve myself with.

I can see myself as an amateur chemist (hide the matches) with this. I am extremely familiar with mixing herbals for aroma therapy and meditation purposes as I have done so for many years.

I'm looking forward to trying, experimenting and creating new juice recipes and finding the next best vape....

Although it can be an involved process, I'm sure I'll have my fun with it.

Basically what I'm saying is that when you find something that you enjoy and are willing to put your time into.... run with it because life is way to short to be sitting in the bleachers, watching the players play and living vicariously through others.

Peace-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread