Charging a new 18650 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Panasonics are my brand of choice too and they are not hard to find.....
Why? With the 2900s In almost ever test I've seen the Panasonics are always bested by almost every cell. And when it comes to vaping mAh they also rate poorly.

Here's a 3A test with a Panasonic 2900 (AW2900).

aw29s261_Sanyo_.gif

The Sanyo2600 is beating it in every single aspect, higher initial volts, less voltage drop and more vaping mAh.

In a single cell PV if we use 3.4V as our performance cut-off, the Pansonic's performance, done at ~1200mAh, is actually dismal compared to the Sanyo's ~2000mAh. And in no way is this test unique.

Terminal charge between 4.10 and 4.17 is optimal for long Li-ion battery life. My TR-001 and six clustered YL-103As terminate in this range. Neither are fast chargers but they don't heat the batteries much, either.
4.1V is actually pretty pathetic and far from optimal and if that's right off the charger after a rest, especially if the cell was not fully saturated it will drop even lower, it is probably only at about 80% capacity. I saw those $3 chargers you are using, they are especially prone to simply cutting off at voltage without finishing (fully saturating) the cell. Your 6 charger array is expensive, inefficient and actually looks dangerous. You are probably are only getting about ~280mA out of them, rather pathetic for anything except the smallest cell.

For folks who want to charge multiple cells this seems to be a decent choice.

1003245c.jpg

18700 fit with room to spare , should be no issues here ..

The charge rate went from 0.67 or so Amp to 0.51A there was little variation after that when you added more cells

Review: Trustfire TR003P4 Charger | BudgetLightForum.com

They can be found on eBay for less that $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread