Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
hello, i have an issue with my aw 18490 battery every time i use the battery it heats up and gets very hot making it unbearable to use my PV. The battery is only 3 months old and maybe has 250 hrs on it any ideas on what the problem is or has anyone else had this problem?

Is this the Only Battery that Gets Hot?

If so, I would Toss/Recycle that Battery.

If All your batteries get Hot, I would stop using the PV that you are putting them in.

dirtbagblz

Verified Member
Apr 8, 2013
sacramento, ca
Is this the Only Battery that Gets Hot?

If so, I would Toss/Recycle that Battery.

If All your batteries get Hot, I would stop using the PV that you are putting them in.

so i finally got home and was able to mess around with my stuff, i was using a 18490 battery in my Nzonic with a low ohms carto tank. well i used all my batteries to see and they all heated up with this combo. but when i put my nimbus on each battery it was fine, i used multiple low ohms carto to check also and each time the batteries got hot. i thought a mechanical mod would support the 2.0 ohms carts?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
so i finally got home and was able to mess around with my stuff, i was using a 18490 battery in my Nzonic with a low ohms carto tank. well i used all my batteries to see and they all heated up with this combo. but when i put my nimbus on each battery it was fine, i used multiple low ohms carto to check also and each time the batteries got hot. i thought a mechanical mod would support the 2.0 ohms carts?

Not sure what Exactly you are using because there are No Numbers like Output Volts, vaping Watts or Battery "C", but it sounds like you PV is Trying to pull more Amps than you Batteries can handle with certain Low Ohm Cartos.

No matter how you Slice it, a Battery Getting Hot is a Bad Sign. And a Usually Precursor to a Melt Down.

If you decide to keep using the Setup which makes your Batteries get Hot, I would make sure to not have your hand over the Vent Hole on your PV.

DocRokRx

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2010
Tennessee
could a blown carto cause this problem on a mechanical? because I just had a similar problem today, and I'm hoping I dont have to toss 2 brand new batteries :( . Also, if the battery only heats up for a few seconds (wasn't even close to too hot to hold) and cools back down immediately upon removal from the device, is it toast or no big deal?

Edit** just did another quick test now that I had some time...
here's the whole story for mine-
-mod sat in locked position while I was sleeping today. it had fired fine all last night.
when I got up, I changed the battery and went to take a toot. nothing... I wondered if i had tripped my fuse, so i took it out (derr!) and tried again, still nothing but I felt some heat, so i took out battery (1). tried another battery(2) (without fuse), same thing. I then tried the carto on my backup (different batteries) wouldnt fire.
- just now I checked my 2 cent on the charger and I think its blown. I also tried a different carto in main mod without fuse on battery (2), and it fires fine...

I need to get a resettable fuse if this is going to be happening all the time :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread