Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
You bassturds. I just ordered one of them there VP4's too. And some batteries. AW 2200's. ECF5 for a 5% discount.

Ya'll need to quit this enabling shizz. But also note that you can charge 1-4 batteries concurrently in an i4 no matter the size or position in the sled. :)

Off to make a movie :)

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You bassturds. I just ordered one of them there VP4's too. And some batteries. AW 2200's. ECF5 for a 5% discount.

Ya'll need to quit this enabling shizz. But also note that you can charge 1-4 batteries concurrently in an i4 no matter the size or position in the sled. :)

Off to make a movie :)

Man, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black!!!!!!!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I think you'll be happy with it bro. The i4 is also a great charger I'd recommend to anybody. Been using mine since I got the reo 6 or 7 months ago now with no issues at all. But I give mad props to the vp4. It's charging accurately and I love the independent channels. It also seems to charge much faster than an i4, especially if only charging on the side slot (s). Yes the enabling that goes down here is ridiculous. I hadn't planned on dumping 100 bucks on new batteries and charger. But I did.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
ed, it reads 4.2 after a full charge. I bought 6 new 2200s to go with it. Haven't tried any 1600s on it, I don't expect to use my 1600s anymore though, they're emergency stash :) or something.

Thanks Tim. That's good to know. We Vapor folk want a fully charged AW 18650 to read 4.2.

I hadn't planned on buying another charger either, but the ole' snowball affect just keeps rolling. Pretty soon, you're caught up in it. Just ask Super_X_Swamper. Knew we'd catch him if we kept fishing. LMAO!! ;)

Seriously though, it's worth having a really good charger. Gotta think about our HOMES and Family here. I like the safety features of the VP4. Fireproof plastic that won't burn, and overheat sensors that will cut it off.

*Ironically though, the best protection is to never leave any charger plugged up while unattended.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
ed, mine came with a warranty card - doesn't look like it needs to be registered, the card says to keep it in case the charger needs service and at that point there's space to fill out your info on the back of it and send it in.

edit - I bought mine from RTD, but I'm sure that's irrelevant, just stating.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Not on the card itself, but in the user manual it says this:

"15 day free replacement. We will repair or replace a charger within 15 days of purchase if it is afflicted with a manufacturing defect."
Then,
"24 months free repair. We offer free repair within 24 months of purchase if problems develop with normal use."
Then,
"Limited lifetime warranty. If problems develop after 24 months of the purchase date, we will charge for parts. The total repair fee will be assess according to the cost of the replaced materials. If damage to the charger is grave, XTAR will contact distributors with a quote who should contact the customers to decide whether to exchange the parts or not. Freight should be paid by distributors or customers."
Lastly,
"This warranty is not applicable for damages caused by artificial damage or intentional force."

What is artificial damage...?

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
My pleasure bro! Seems like a pretty good warranty. I'm so highly impressed by the VP4. I think you'll like it. I see you're in east TN - I grew up in Johnson City, spent a lot of time in Knoxvegas too. You anywhere near those parts?

JC is like the back of my hand bro. Grew up there a lot during my teen years. Used to go to clubs in JC to watch all the Rock Bands play at Rockers. They knew I was only 17, but let me in anyway. ;) Kingsport is nice too. And know all about Knoxvegas as well.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Hi all! I'm a bit of a newbie here so please be gentle! Hi FTS, Soignee and Super-X!!!
I have an XTAR WP2II 2 slot charger. It was gifted to me by a wonderful friend. I have no clue to what charge it charges my battery to. The light is red when I put the used battery in, then turns green when it's charged. However, my charged batteries don't last me no more than 3 hours or so fully charged. I'm using the AW IMR 18490 1200mah batteries in a Reo mini 2.0. I'm looking at the RTD site and they have the protected 18500 AW IMR 1500mah batteries. Can I use these in this Reo mini? Thanks!!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
For those that have the XTAR VP4::

Do any documents that come it mention anything about a 2 year Warranty? I'm sure you have to Register the charger to get the Warranty. I ask this because I'm having a hard time finding information about the warranty from XTARdirect.com.

Warranty is under the Support drop list. Direct link. ~> http://www.xtardirect.com/pages/warranty

Some of the the references are dated - the warranty applies to both flashlights and chargers. And they dropped the product registration requirement a long time ago.

ed, mine came with a warranty card - doesn't look like it needs to be registered, the card says to keep it in case the charger needs service and at that point there's space to fill out your info on the back of it and send it in.

edit - I bought mine from RTD, but I'm sure that's irrelevant, just stating.

Not irrelevant . As a dealer RTD will provide warranty replacement. Dealers are supposed to but if you have a problem with a dealer unwilling to do a warranty exchange then contact Xtar about it and for service.

Of course you actually have to end up with a failed charger for any of this to be relevant.

ETA: Beyond the warranty card with the authenticity code, the full terms of the two year warranty are in the instruction manual.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread