Awesome experience at vape shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I was out of town visiting a friend who, like me, owns the provari P3. We were talking about the update they recently came out with for the P3 and was discussing perhaps sending them back to Provape for it.

He had a local shop nearby that was listed as a provari dealer. We gave them a call asking if they could download the update for us. They told us the guy who could do it would be in later the very same day.

We decided to go over and check them out, all the while keeping our expectations low.

We're two older guys, a little rough around the edges, weather beaten if you will. We walked into a store that was packed with vapers of various ages, and I do mean packed to the hilt.

I figured this will be a long wait if we get helped at all. They had a small group of people playing a video game on a large screen TV, vape was heavy in the air.... but I felt at home.

Within seconds of walking in the door we had an associate come to us. We told him what we were there for and he directed us to a guy in the back, who was talking with other customers. As soon as we approached he stopped talking and asked us if we needed help. We asked about the update, and he apologized saying he left the software at home, however, if we didn't mind waiting he could download it to his laptop within 10 minutes.

No prob.

Less than 20 minutes later we had our mods back in our hands with latest bells and whistles. We asked the guy how much, and he shook our hand and said, "have a nice day!".

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. So my friend and I bought $75 worth or juice instead.

My only issue with the place is I wish they were closer.

Skeebo

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'm glad you had a great experience, too. :thumbs:

I also have a P3 with the upgraded firmware. I was able to easily fire my 0.6 ohm RDA (usually used on a mech) with the new firmware. I still prefer using my Kayfun Lite+ with a 1.5 ohm coil on my P3 as it is easier on battery life.

I'm currently living in an area which is not close to any high end vape shops. There's a small shop about a half hour from my home, but the gear & juice selection is quite limited. I'd have to drive about 1 1/2 hours to visit a higher end shop.

In 2014 I worked for a high end vape shop in Cincinnati. I really enjoyed helping and talking with customers as it is my passion.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I love hearing great shop stories. I'm only 41 and I'm a clean cut looking guy. Most of the shops near me are usually filled with 20 somethings covered in tattoos. I have 2 shops in my town and shop at only 1 of them so I really understand. Calling a supplier and making a contact with them might be the next best thing. Do it a couple of times and it's like calling your old buddy. The world is what we make of it when we don't have good B&Ms. Great post.

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
Reminds me of the ONE shop I used to visit everytime I visited my parents back in Germany.
The shop is about 300ft away from my people'c condo. Damn if I would still live with them I would be so broke.^^

Everytime you go in there -no matter how many customers are there- it just takes less then a minute until you got someone taking care of you. You could chat with them, vape, get a coffee, pet the dog. Whatever you wanted.

And you really felt bad leaving the store without buying some stuff.

Reactions: Skeebo

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I was out of town visiting a friend who, like me, owns the provari P3. We were talking about the update they recently came out with for the P3 and was discussing perhaps sending them back to Provape for it.

He had a local shop nearby that was listed as a provari dealer. We gave them a call asking if they could download the update for us. They told us the guy who could do it would be in later the very same day.

We decided to go over and check them out, all the while keeping our expectations low.

We're two older guys, a little rough around the edges, weather beaten if you will. We walked into a store that was packed with vapers of various ages, and I do mean packed to the hilt.

I figured this will be a long wait if we get helped at all. They had a small group of people playing a video game on a large screen TV, vape was heavy in the air.... but I felt at home.

Within seconds of walking in the door we had an associate come to us. We told him what we were there for and he directed us to a guy in the back, who was talking with other customers. As soon as we approached he stopped talking and asked us if we needed help. We asked about the update, and he apologized saying he left the software at home, however, if we didn't mind waiting he could download it to his laptop within 10 minutes.

No prob.

Less than 20 minutes later we had our mods back in our hands with latest bells and whistles. We asked the guy how much, and he shook our hand and said, "have a nice day!".

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. So my friend and I bought $75 worth or juice instead.

Skeebo

Nice...wish that shop was here in my town. We have several and I don't support any of them. Bunch of @#$%# IMO. This one I went into, which I had been several times already so it wasn't like I was a new walk-in, to ask for help with my aspire nautilus coils. As a matter of fact I purchased the tank through them the month prior. I had been having trouble getting the coils primed and wicking properly and was wondering if they could help me and explain how they prime theirs. I knew the attendant had experience with them because I had noticed on previous visits that she was vaping on one. She asked me where I bought my coils and when I told her I purchased them online she said she couldn't help me because I didn't purchase through them. Lol go figure...all I was asking was how she primed her coils from one vaper to another. And how much money do I spend in that store now...NONE!

You are truly lucky to have found a store so helpful!

Last edited:

koolmacvee

Apr 11, 2015
johnston R.I.U.S.A
Nice...wish that shop was here in my town. We have several and I don't support any of them. Bunch of @#$%# IMO. This one I went into, which I had been several times already so it wasn't like I was a new walk-in, to ask for help with my aspire nautilus coils. As a matter of fact I purchased the tank through them the month prior. I had been having trouble getting the coils primed and wicking properly and was wondering if they could help me and explain how they prime theirs. I knew the attendant had experience with them because I had noticed on previous visits that she was vaping on one. She asked me where I bought my coils and when I told her I purchased them online she said she couldn't help me because I didn't purchase through them. Lol go figure...all I was asking was how she primed her coils from one vaper to another. And how much money do I spend in that store now...NONE!

You are truly lucky to have found a store so helpful!

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Yeah all the local shops around here are garbage, takes them 20 minutes to help me even when I'm the only customer in the store. They always seem irritated by my questions and try to sell me crap I don't need for ridiculously high prices.

I pretty much only buy online these days. The online vendors have great customer service, good prices and even though it's automated they know what I like and recommend products I actually want.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
we've got a really great one over here...even though we're old coots..they're great with us.

Glad you had a great experience. :)

(I tip too..but they were nice the first time before I had *lol*)

What shop if your don't mind me asking? I live near you and would be great to go to a good vape shop for once.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
It amazing to hear this. One shop here is similar. I've mentioned it on the forum before, but my dad bought an eGrip from them and it crapped out after a few days. We went back and this one employee was rude as hell. Some dude from up North that doesn't quite grasp the respect concept of living down south. He blamed my dad and walked away. The other dude at the employee is the only reason I go to the shop. He filled out the warranty stuff and my dad was struggling just being in the shop for 10 minutes without vaping since he just quit smoking at the time. This good employee gave my dad his own personal iStick 50w from his backpack and said "If you like it, keep it. It's yours now" just so my dad wouldn't go back to smoking. The employee didn't have to give a personal device away for free, but he did it anyways and it shows his character and how much he cares about helping instead of just bringing the shop money.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

Skeebo

THAT ROCKS!!!!!! Sounds like an amazing shop. Treat people right, and you'll have fans for life :)

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas

No prob.

Skeebo
Nice experience. There is good in the vape world. Much good. Now as far as your Provari goes......:nah: (kidding)

MrAngry

Feb 11, 2015
Plover WI
I'm pretty lucky in that I work 70 miles from home, and cover a large area. We have 1 shop in my town I'll set foot in. Really good guys, but specialize in dripping.

There's another in a shop 30 miles north, which is a couple of fantastic guys. The one guy does some serious DIY juices.

I have another one half way between me and my terminal, also great employees, but the locals make the atmosphere, well, uncomfortable. It's like walking into a small town bar when you aren't from there, and getting "the look".

But, my favorite, luckily, is 2 blocks down from my terminal. I dump a lot of cash there. The guys are great, the people that come in have been wonderful, it's always just a pleasure to be in that shop.

If you live in Central Wisconsin, here's the list.

The one in my town is Mossity Vapes of Stevens Point.
The one to my North is The Vapour Lounge in Rib Mountain
The one half way to work is Friday Vapes of Waupaca
The one by my terminal is Good Nature Vapor on Northland Dr, Appleton.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread