Awwww, simple pleasures are the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Howdy to my favorite e-family!

Sorry I've been away for a while, it's just that I've felt absolutely horrible for the past few months. (ever since my 1st order arrived 2 months ago) At first, I thought I gave myself a nic overdose, then there was something with the PG/VG ratios ..... but nothing helped. Waaaaa.....

So, I had three choices:
1) go back to analogs.
2) go cold turkey again. (and become an annoying / snarky person! Well ..... more than usual!) ;)
3) go back to GreenSmokes. (had no physical problems with them)

Since none of those options sounded very good, I tried another experiment. I thought to myself, self - what can I do to duplicate the GS's but still use V4L? Ah-ha, a light bulb moment! Only vape menthol. (GS doesn't ship flavors to California)

Ohmygosh, ohmygosh ... that's the ticket! I've only been vaping menthol for the past few days, and I feel like my chipper 'ole self again. Yippie!!!! So, apparently all along it was the flavorings. (darn it, I really love the apple cinnamon, banana, and toffee! Just not what they do to me!)

So, once again, I'm a happy (menthol vaping) camper. Awwwww, simple pleasures are the best!

Last edited:

Dayna

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
St. Pete, Florida
I have some Kant menthol i could send you if you haven't tried that one yet. I am getting away from menthol tasting liquids and would be happy to donate to the cause! To me it tastes like caramel corn and menthol. Sounds odd but really good, i am just hooked on the peppermint and fruit flavors. Have you tried just the vg flavors from v4l? Maybe that would help?? If you want the liquid, just pm me your address and I will get it out to you right away. It is about 1/3 bottle of 24mg. Good luck!

Nana2B

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2011
Boston,NorthShore, Ma.
@nana2b...and wintering ....brand loyalty is great but theres no shame is trying different brands of juices esp if some bother you .I know i have the issue with another flavor i love ( not v4l) but it gives me a problem ....think too much vg in the blend ( 50/50)

I have been checking other brands & might be making a small order soon.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Thank you Morandir, sir ..... I just gotta remember that 3 months ago, I had no other choice but my Benson & Hedges Menthol Ultra Lights. So, if I'm only able to vape menthol, I'm a happy camper! :)

And, I know it may sound sorta silly ... but it's almost as if having to stick with one flavor, is a bit less stressful. Being a Libra, (decision making issues!) I could never decide what flavor I wanted next! Now, I don't have to worry about it! :)

Glad you've found something that has worked for you Ms. Wintering... Wish you had more options, but.... :)

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Wow, you have been through the ringer with this vaping. Glad you stuck it out and found what works for you! I know a lot of people would have just given up long ago and went back to smoking! Good on You girl! YAY!

Thank you chimchim.... believe me... (groan) .... with the way I've been feeling, I was tempted to go back to analogs. Geez, they were soooo easy.

Hmmmm... maybe that's why we e-ciggers are sorta 'underground-ish' - there's not a one-size-fits-all way to do this. Thank goodness I appreciate the 'learning curve'! :)

Thank you soooo much for sticking with me! {{{hugs}}}

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Wintering, I have some smilin menthol and cowboy menthol juice for swap in the swap thread, if you're interested. So glad you found something that works for you and that you were able to stay with V4L.

Thank you so much K9Luvr! I just may take you up on that offer. :) I think I'm going to have to take things slooooow, to see if I can handle any VG. (been 'doing' all PG) I couldn't find your post in the swap thread. May I ask what nic level you have? (I use between 11 and 18mg)

chimchim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2011
GA
justacatholicgirl.wordpress.com
@nana2b...and wintering ....brand loyalty is great but theres no shame is trying different brands of juices esp if some bother you .I know i have the issue with another flavor i love ( not v4l) but it gives me a problem ....think too much vg in the blend ( 50/50)

I have an issue with VG myself. Unknowingly I ordered a 60/VG and 40/PG and it was not pretty.
**Not V4L juice.

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
I have some Kant menthol i could send you if you haven't tried that one yet. I am getting away from menthol tasting liquids and would be happy to donate to the cause! To me it tastes like caramel corn and menthol. Sounds odd but really good, i am just hooked on the peppermint and fruit flavors. Have you tried just the vg flavors from v4l? Maybe that would help?? If you want the liquid, just pm me your address and I will get it out to you right away. It is about 1/3 bottle of 24mg. Good luck!

Hi Dayna, and thanks! I've only been vaping 100% PG at 12mg. (VG doesn't like me) But a caramel menthol sounds pretty yummy!

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Last I heard you thought your problem was the VG and you were going to look for all-PG juice. Does this mean you're back in the mixed/VG game? Sorry, I'm just so curious!

Hi Kris, thanks for thinking of me! {{{hugs}}} Yep, I've been doing all PG for the past month. When I was trying to figure out what was going on, I tried an all VG Vanilla juice from V4L, and that just sent me over the edge. Now, I'm wondering if it was because of the VG or the vanilla flavoring. Looks like my learning curve continues! :) I think I'll take a few baby steps, and sloooooowly introduce of few of my left over menthol cool carts back into my plan. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Wintering

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
SF Bay Area
Good for you Wintering. Makes me happy that someone else struggling has found bliss. :thumbs:
Now if v4l would make a VG menthol or any minty flavor I'd be happy too.

Did you also cut down your nic level (just wondering).

Hi Nana, and thanks! Gosh, I wish V4L had an all PG line... but, I guess that keeps us waiting for their next big thing, eh? :) And no, I've always bounced between 12 and 18mgs. (no real change)

May I ask if you were "challenged" in the beginning too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread