B&M poor customer service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
And I did finally get a price on Atlantis coils. $7.99 each. lol.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition
Ouch [emoji15] My B&M sells them $22 for a 5 pack. That is quite a markup there. Also, while the bottle in the middle looks smaller, keep in mind the glass bottle on the right us made of thicker material, causing the size of it to be bigger. Glass is bigger than plastic, and the dropper takes up room as well, so they make bigger bottles to allow compensation for that. Not saying that the bottle might not be a true 30 mL, but just saying why glass bottles look bigger.

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
Ouch [emoji15] My B&M sells them $22 for a 5 pack. That is quite a markup there. Also, while the bottle in the middle looks smaller, keep in mind the glass bottle on the right us made of thicker material, causing the size of it to be bigger. Glass is bigger than plastic, and the dropper takes up room as well, so they make bigger bottles to allow compensation for that. Not saying that the bottle might not be a true 30 mL, but just saying why glass bottles look bigger.
Yea, I compared the thickness and while it was a little thicker, its also taller. I guess I won't know until it's finished and I can measure the ml with water. But I certainly seem to be going through it a lot faster then I normally do with 30ml bottles. On Nambers website, they do only sell 30ml bottles of their Epiclouds line. They don't show pictures of the bottle though and I have found 15ml and 20ml bottles of other juices at a B&M that are sold wholesale only.

And as for the price of the heads? When they told me $7.99 each, my jaw dropped. And he told me the price in complete confidence. I would have been embarrassed. That means five heads are the exact same price I paid for the Atlantis which comes with two heads already and an extra glass.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
It always amazes me when B&M owners fail to realize that excellent customer service is a vital component in competing with online retailers. The ones who figure it out tend to succeed while those that don't fall by the wayside.

Not speaking of B&Ms in particular, but personally, I don't mind paying a premium IF I get excellent service to go with the increased price. There are VERY few things that you cannot find cheaper on line, but being able to develop a relationship with a good retailer is priceless.

caferacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Not speaking of B&Ms in particular, but personally, I don't mind paying a premium IF I get excellent service to go with the increased price. There are VERY few things that you cannot find cheaper on line, but being able to develop a relationship with a good retailer is priceless.

Agreed! I'm a huge believer in shopping local, especially as it relates to independently owned businesses. If we're talking about big national chains on the other hand, I've no problem ordering through Amazon Prime or other online retailers if only for the convenience.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
I agree wholeheartedly, I support local business. Now I have found that my local B&M sells 4 pad sof japanese cotton for $1. Most online companies will sell 4 or 5 pads for $5-$7. The online companies are the ones price gouging on this. This is the cheapest price I have found besides buying the 200 pack from Japan.

MsShona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
McKeesport, PA, USA
www.rishona.net
vape shops are popping up because the average smoker is going to spend about a years worth of cigarettes buying stuff to convert to vape.

but sooner or later the sales are going to level off then eventually fall, then vape shops are going to start disappearing; then you either get your supplies at wallmart or order fancier stuff online.

I figure it's maybe a 5 to 10 year thing for b&m's.

True. Probably just like travel agencies ;)

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Been in many bad B&M. I just don't go back or recommend them to anyone. Lucky now as we have a good one open up in my town of 5000 people. Not answering calls about prices is nothing more than getting you in the store where it is harder to say no. If their is no price on something in a store I want I will never ask. You do not want to put a price on it I consider it not for sale. Even garage sale if no prices I walk away. As I get older I get less patience with idiots. I just thought I was turning into a grumpy old man like my dad did. LOL

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
My biggest pet peeve about B&M's is going into the ones who have elitist sales staff. The people who sneer at anyone who doesn't use mechanical mods or drip and chuck clouds. Or when I go in looking for a battery and they immediately start reaching for a pink ego pen before I can get 18650 out of my mouth. Ya know, cuz I'm a girl. :glare: And THEN they start giving me the "you know how to use this properly, right?" crap! UHG I just want to kick em at that point! I have 1 B&M local that treats me with respect, they get my business.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
I visited a B&M that is not my usual one, just to see why some people went there. I drove by it at first, as it was getting dark and it was a metal building between 2 houses. That should have been my first clue to turn around. When I walked in, there was less than half the inventory of my regular B&M. That should have been turn-off number 2.

Whenever I go to a new shop, I like to test them by saying that my friend is looking to get into vaping, and see what they suggest, all my gear is in my pockets at this point. If they point me toward a mech, that immeadiately sends up red flags, because no shop should set up a beginner with a mech IMHO. This shop showed me their cheap looking eGo types. At this point I will pull out my MVP (now istick) and Nautilus and start vaping. Then I will start asking about various gear and express some interest in the mechs without showing any knowledge about them. If they push me on them without letting me know the risks or ask me how much I know, then more red flags. This shop had 4 or 5 cloned mechs and the 35 watt e-huge.

They didn't push me onto the mechs, so then I pulled out my manhattan and rda. I asked them about their 18650 batteries, and the only one she had was a purple efest with a high mAh rating, so I figured it wasn't high drain. I asked if it would work and she said it would. That was my first red flag for this shop. I asked about some high watt devices, and she said they wouldn't carry any device that goes over 20 watts, because it causes dangerous chemicals from over-heating. That was the big red flag that turned me off of this shop, especially since they sell mechs and the 35 watt e-huge. If they are going to have a rule like that (even if is rediculous) then they should follow it and not carry devices that go against it.

I consider regulated high watt box mods safer than mechs, since most (if not all now-a-days) have an ohm limit that won't fire too low, reverse polarity protection, and low battery warning. However, they can have other peoples' business and spread false information, I will just not return there or recommend their shop at all. Also, I do know that at really extreme temps that e-liquids can put off questionable chemicals according to some studies, but I don't ever build crazy low builds, so I doubt I will ever reach those extreme temps.

Last edited:

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
That's just bad business practice. The problem I've noticed in local shops is an uneducated staff and I'd say a lot of them are owned by first time business owners. Leasing a small retail unit in a strip mall can be fairly cheap if you shop around. The buildout can me done quite inexpensively so the biggest expense is merchandise. So a lot of people that might have access to $50-$60k could turn the key and be up and running pretty quickly. That's going to flood the market with tons of shops and a lot of them aren't gonna be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread