Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
It's snowing like mad in Chicago, so I'm trying to conjure Florida weather with a sweet orange e-juice from V4L's new line of flavors.

And yes, those are real mega-snowflakes on my scarf.

babyitscoldoutside.jpg

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
If you mean in 1979, no I was in the military in California and discharged that spring. Poor Mayor Byrne:lol:
No, I wasn't around for that. There was one my first winter in the city and it was brutal. People were stranded on Lake Shore Drive for hours and there was THUNDERSNOW!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
It's already below freezing here in SW Arkansas. Supposed to go down to about 26 in town, I'm out in the county so that means 22 or so.
Yikes! Bundle up! Is that unusual for SW Arkansas?

They're saying it's going to be around 18 here, so everything that melted is going to freeze. I'd just be happy if I could build a snowman and own a teleportation device of some sort.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Canceled a trip up to northwestern Indiana yesterday cuz of that storm.
I'll stay down here, tyvm.
Whoa! I'm actually from NWI (or, as we call it, "the Region," so I'd say you made a good call. They are not very quick to deploy their salt trucks and snowplows over there!

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Just saw our first snow here today in PA. Thank goodness I don't have to go outside to smoke anymore :thumb:
AMEN TO THAT. I've been really enjoying not huddling outside on my lunch hour! Hope you weathered (hehe) the snow. After I recovered from the initial reaction, I took my puppy outside to play, and that was a lot of fun. Expect shameless pics of my snow-covered puppy in the very near future!

Reactions: Jugband

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Me too. Grew up near Michigan City, which basically is between Gary and South Bend.
Ah, yes! I know it well. I used to go to the Michigan City Zoo as a kid. And the Dunes are so beautiful, although last I heard, Mt. Baldy was out of commission.

I'm from Hobart/Merrillville, and then I moved out to Chicago, so this dreadful weather has been part of every single year of my life...

But I still get grumpy about it!

Reactions: mcol
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread