Back to Fiddling again

Status
Not open for further replies.

JarodTufts

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
Salem, Oregon
Like most of you my experience with ecigs started with spending a lot of money and fiddling a lot with my kit. My goal was to develop a cost effective & low maintenance solution that worked for me. After a while I found the right combination that included a VV device (Provari with Lavatube as backup), a MAP tank and a selection of liquids that work well with my tank. For me this combination works GREAT. An old school CE2 XL will produce great vapor for almost 2 months with ZERO Maintenance before it needs to be replaced. Just Fill, Vape, Repeat. Sadly, my supply of CE2's is getting low and I realize it is time to move on as I don't think they make them any more.

I tried the punched carto tanks and that was an instant FAIL. I don't understand how anyone can get one of these carto's to last more than a day or two before performance irreversibly degrades to non-usable.

I picked up an AGA T2. I have to say, this is a very quality product for a surprisingly low price. I recommend if you purchase one to also add a little butane hand torch to your toolkit. The coils I prepare last about 1 day before they clog and have to be rebuilt. When it works it is amazing.

Right now, I have some ceramic wicks coming my way. We'll see how those work out.

So, the fiddling with my device has resumed. I'm once again on a journey to learn how to make my AGA T2 a low maintenance solution. My goal is 1+ months between required rebuilds.

Wish me luck.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
I picked up an AGA T2. I have to say, this is a very quality product for a surprisingly low price. ... The coils I prepare last about 1 day before they clog and have to be rebuilt.
That can be troubleshot one way or the other, since I've never had clogs with coils.

But yes, the AGA T2s are great vapes, easy on the pocketbook too.

JarodTufts

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
Salem, Oregon
For me, they're clogging on the outside by a thick layer of hardened residue that builds up around the coil. I'm able to disassemble, clean (torch) the wick and re-coil the same wick over and over. I'm going to try wrapping the ceramic wick with cotton under the coil (like I've read on this forum). I hope that helps prevent the residue buildup. We'll see.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
For me, they're clogging on the outside by a thick layer of hardened residue that builds up around the coil. I'm able to disassemble, clean (torch) the wick and re-coil the same wick over and over. I'm going to try wrapping the ceramic wick with cotton under the coil (like I've read on this forum). I hope that helps prevent the residue buildup. We'll see.
Got it.

Ceramic is still in the experimenting stage. I'm waiting to get my AGA T2s back from the toolmakers.

I had planned to run them on unflavored for a while and see how that compares to different juices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread