• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bad boys Whatcha gonna do?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melloh

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2011
Canada
Ya so I was just wondering about this scenario... I'm an insomniac and don't sleep till about 4 am here in the GTA, and more than a couple times this year, the popo have come up to me while I was smoking at tim horton's and checked my info for staying up late. Approx 2am or later. They harass me constantly! I'll have to admit I do look like a criminal. Either way, what happens when I'm vaping in my car at a late hour and the bad boys pull up? Ever happen to you, and what would happen you think? Confiscate our PV or just harass us more? Just wanted to see if it ever happens cause I know they're coming for me. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences guys. Maybe I should have asked the Americans too about this.

lickwid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2010
Milton, Ontario
Ya so I was just wondering about this scenario... I'm an insomniac and don't sleep till about 4 am here in the GTA, and more than a couple times this year, the popo have come up to me while I was smoking at tim horton's and checked my info for staying up late. Approx 2am or later. They harass me constantly! I'll have to admit I do look like a criminal. Either way, what happens when I'm vaping in my car at a late hour and the bad boys pull up? Ever happen to you, and what would happen you think? Confiscate our PV or just harass us more? Just wanted to see if it ever happens cause I know they're coming for me. Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences guys. Maybe I should have asked the Americans too about this.

Heh...

Hasn't happened to me yet, but I've been waiting for it.

BlitzkriegTim

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2010
Shannon, Quebec, Canada
Yeah I've had a few moments when I was taking a big drag on my ego at a red light only to look up and see the fuzz. They haven't approached me yet but I've pretty much got it all worded out how I'm gonna explain it. Just don't use the term "personal vaporizer" go with e-cig or even nicotine inhaler and make sure to show them that it unscrews and it has a battery. Maybe you should buy a 510 in white with a red led on the end and the cigarette filter looking cartomizers for those occasions where stealth is better than being noticed :p

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
lol I get stopped all the time in the summer with my car so I feel you...

I've never had my PV out while talking with a cop yet so I can't tell you that, but I have vaped openly in several bars with heavy security and the bouncers all seemed to be pretty cool about it. Just had to say "it's not smoke, it's nicotine vapor".. then got a "oh ok then" and was left alone. Probably the only time people get iffy is when i'm using a bigger mod.. like with bottom feeder box mod one time security came up to me saying "you better not be doing what I think you're doing" lol.. I just opened it up and explained quickly that it was just nicotine and that I quit cigs. That's really all it takes I think.

Unless you had a complete jerk to deal with i'm sure you'd be fine. I've found most people have already heard about e-cigs in some way or another, so once I explain I usually get a "ahh yes i've heard of those things" anyways.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I get the odd sneers and fake coughs from joe goodie citizen.... I've given up even "trying" to engage in conversation to explain and just shake my head and verbally call them idiots. They usually do this from a distance, but then again, I'm not that approachable in the first place.

Haven't had any issue with cops (yet), here in Ottawa. The odd strange look as they check it out, but never approached about it (which kinda disappoints me, lol).

I'm sure there will at some point be that newbie cop looking to be Mr. Bust of the week wanting to flex his juiced muscles while he shows off his Harley glasses and race driver gloves, lol..... I look forward to THAT since I only offer respect or common human politeness if I receive it !

VapeOn,
Greg

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I wonder if you would have grounds to sue if the cops confiscated your only pv and as a result you were forced to start smoking again and resulted in you having health problems? It would be like telling an alcoholic they cant go to meetings anymore.

Hey! I think I may just steal that idea if it happens to me Tim.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
I live in one of those wee towns where everyone who goes for coffee past midnight - goes in pajamas. We all look pretty harmless pulling up in mini-vans donning fluffy pink pj bottoms and big old boots. Guess it's that look that gets us away with just about anything (and the fact the police actually have time to chat with someone before arresting them).

The local police, of course, stay in their uniforms.

Camp43

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Thats sounds like a nice town Kanadian.
I haven't had any problems with the police, but yesterday I was vaping a box mod at a red light and some kids pulled up next to me. They noticed what I was doing and got all excited. They were laughing, giving me thumbs up and even a couple of "cool dudes'.
I just figured they were big fans of the Phidias mod. But then again, maybe that wasn't it. Maybe they thought I was doing something else. Hhmm, I wonder what though? lol

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
pamphlets sound good to meor cd,dvd sumfin !!
quick+weird, i think?

i vape everywhere!
yes im considerate of all places that i do vape ! thanks again!
so-far have lost countless hrs, promoting,showing,yappin+pretty well a walkin salesman, etcetc!! THEY ALL LOVED IT!!
wish i had a xxxxx for everytime some1 looked or said.....u know!!
at 1st i really loved doin it, fun,excitin,great,amazed peeps,
in all buildings etc.THEY ALL LOVED IT!!
now, its like a freekin curse,sorry,my lips are about to fall off!!
went to bed countless times azombie w/ pv this ,
juice that, go here,ecfecfecf wahwahwah blahblah.....
thats tha sound in my headz as i crashed whirwhir....
(added for effect!)lol
i gotta get those free cards from ecf...!!
thats it ,,end of true story.

1 thing no police at all!! (so-far)
that was the weird part.....

everybody else+ their cat tho! SHEEEEESH
had 2 share thx

I VAPE EVERYWHERE!

Last edited:

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
I live in one of those wee towns where everyone who goes for coffee past midnight - goes in pajamas.

Really, Kat? You live in Standard too? Oh wait... We don't even have a coffee shop - just the hotel/bar/restaurant. And I'm pretty sure it closes before midnight... unless I'm already in there drinking. Which I also do in my PJ's. ;)

On the other hand, the closest Police station is a good 20 minutes away (depending on snowfall)... :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread