• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bad boys Whatcha gonna do?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I've found most people have already heard about e-cigs in some way or another, so once I explain I usually get a "ahh yes i've heard of those things" anyways.

Must be nicer in the city than it is in the burbs (Scarberia). I get strange looks wherever I go, but then again I must be asking for it while using my Omega, Box mods or whatever else happens to have the best charge before I leave the apartment, lol.

I noticed that people within the city were much more interested in trying it than anyone here. Almost enough to make me wanna move! If there's another vaper in Scarborough I haven't met em.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
Haha, Calgary isn't THAT sh*##ty, lol. It was nice when I lived there ;)

I beg to differ. Having just moved to the general area from Edmonton, (I live about 45 mins east of Calgary in a little village, so if I want to do any sort of real shopping I have to venture in) I can concretely affirm that Calgary SUCKS.

The city planners were on holiday when infrastructure was discussed, it takes them far too long to organize for emergencies like... oh, snow removal (Snow removal? In winter?? We should make a contingency for that???), the roads are too damn narrow for two cars to be driving on opposing sides.. which brings me to the fact that there are far too many one-way streets... Oh, and NO ONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO SHOULDER CHECK!!!

/rant

lelly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
I beg to differ. Having just moved to the general area from Edmonton, (I live about 45 mins east of Calgary in a little village, so if I want to do any sort of real shopping I have to venture in) I can concretely affirm that Calgary SUCKS.

The city planners were on holiday when infrastructure was discussed, it takes them far too long to organize for emergencies like... oh, snow removal (Snow removal? In winter?? We should make a contingency for that???), the roads are too damn narrow for two cars to be driving on opposing sides.. which brings me to the fact that there are far too many one-way streets... Oh, and NO ONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO SHOULDER CHECK!!!

/rant

I second this!!! Just my opinion, but Edmonton is one of the best laid out cities in Canada (and has some of the best drivers!). I lived in Edmonton for 15 years and have visited Calgary quite a bit and am thankful to still be alive! In my experience, Calgary definately has the worst drivers, roads and layout compared to anywhere I have ever been. I live by Winnipeg now, the streets are all names, not numbers, which makes it impossible to find any address without a map, and there are places, like "Confusion Corner" :facepalm:

VAPOINSANO

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Vapin'Hard Mang*<|;)
I wouldn't mind finding women drinking in their pajamas past midnight at a hotel bar lulz - though I'm probably picturing different pajamas! The kind that would make the cops forget about your PV.

That deserves a banana dance imo :banana:

@lelly i 2nd this !....L:laugh:L

@Noizmaker, anything larger to me than a population of 7 ,
i consider tha big city! :)(what can i say i guess im a troglodyte?)

@dopeh:banana::banana::2cool:

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
yea kat
theres rumors you live in 6-8 different places in alburpa! :laugh: lol

didsbury,the big sh*##ty of calgaryy,oky-tokes,deddeer,oldz,bal/sack,
etc...etc..so which 1 is it kat :) huh......we know itz around here sumwhere? lol:2cool:

Just north of Calgary is where I keep my pajamas - 3 Timmy's north of Calgary.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON

/rant

Haha! I don't drive so that could explain my perception. I knew the drivers were terrible but they are here as well. In Calgary though I did see people drive right through bus stops and keep going. It sure is full of nice people though imho, had some good times.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
I have not been able to get Bananas in Pajamas out of my head since I posted that... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

@lelly: I think growing up driving in Edmonton is the only reason I haven't been in an accident yet. Mind you, I drive a Hummer, so part of me is just WAITING for the day I can claim no fault to running over that little Prius that cut me off... :evil:

@VAPO and dope: Nothing I wear could top the artwork... Velvet naked lady paintings

@Noiz: Imma gonna keep me mouth shut about "nice people"... :2cool:

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
I have not been able to get Bananas in Pajamas out of my head since I posted that... :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

@lelly: I think growing up driving in Edmonton is the only reason I haven't been in an accident yet. Mind you, I drive a Hummer, so part of me is just WAITING for the day I can claim no fault to running over that little Prius that cut me off... :evil:

@VAPO and dope: Nothing I wear could top the artwork... Velvet naked lady paintings

Fair enough, lol, maybe I was just lucky :)

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com

hey Blondielocs - I met that SAME prius! I'll race you to running him over!

Chime

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2010
Canada

/rant

Yeah we chose to let the river screw us up and made 500 trails rather than numbered roads, also decided to model a city above the 49th after dallas TX lol, sheer genius that was whoever decided that way back when.

Most of the roads in the new areas are lame like that cause land is at a premium so they jam the houses so tight together you could touch your neighboors siding reaching out your kitchen window. The older areas are pretty decent with nice wide roads tho.

If you see anything like an F150 or chev 3500, your best just getting out of the way cause they pay no attention to anything else and drive like 30 over the speed limit guaranteed, with the aforementioned no signal/shouldercheck drifting.

Only thing that I wonder about when I go to edmunchuck, is what happens when you guys decide to build out east or south? You get negative road numbers?

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
LOL all that talk about the Prius reminds me of this Dunham video

"I used to pick prius' out of the grill of my hummer." lmfao

That is my all time favorite Dunham moment....
No one in our area drives a Prius - and I think it's because of the video!

Jack Murray

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
www.stimps.com
Yeah I've had a few moments when I was taking a big drag on my ego at a red light only to look up and see the fuzz. They haven't approached me yet but I've pretty much got it all worded out how I'm gonna explain it. Just don't use the term "personal vaporizer" go with e-cig or even nicotine inhaler and make sure to show them that it unscrews and it has a battery. Maybe you should buy a 510 in white with a red led on the end and the cigarette filter looking cartomizers for those occasions where stealth is better than being noticed :p

I always have some ECF business cards (you can get them free for shipping only) around just in case. Also it's good to be able to hand out to people who are really curious about vaping. They might get cranky if you flashed a card but it's worth a try. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread