Bad smell from vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllocInit

Jul 6, 2013
Thailand
Hey, I'm new to vaping. 12 year smoker, averaging about a pack a day. Been vaping for just over a month and completely quit smoking cigarettes one day after getting my e-cig. So this post is not to scare anyone or bash on e-cigs or anything, but what I notice is that when I floss my teeth, especially my back molar teeth, there's a nasty smell that I don't normally have.

It's kinda gross, but the closest thing I can say it smells like is tonsil stone. It's this very nasty-... smell and it's stuck between my teeth. My diet hasn't changed and I didn't have it before. So I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing.

Could it be a build up of either PG/VG in the mouth that causes this? If anyone has experienced the same thing or knows what it is please let me know. Thanks.

The Goo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
St. Paul, Minnesota
Could this possibly be a result of the PG/VG drying out your mouth too much? Dry mouth is a cause of bad breath because saliva is need to neturalize acids and wash away dead skin cells and so on. If you're not drinking enough water, maybe take it up a notch. Just my two cents! :) Welcome to ECF as well!

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
Sounds like you are getting a bit of a gum issue for sure. I don't think it is due to vaping. I would see a dentist. The only time I have had that issue is with a cavity. It is really yucky! You described it really well. I can almost smell it! Quick...gotta take a vape of my GS cookie to replace the smell!:vapor:

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
Maybe it's always been there and now you can actually smell it? (newly smoke-free was almost like being pregnant, I could smell everything so much more intensely)

Maybe you aren't drinking enough water and dry mouth is leading to some funk build up? (dry mouth can lead to bad breath and tooth decay)

Maybe the VapeDentist will pop in -- though the thread title doesn't say anything about flossin/breath/teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread