• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Baking Soda

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC28

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2011
Singapore
@mc28: I think your shop downstairs have. Mama shop right? frm your place to central i think could finish one tank

Ya, got it..$1.3 a bottle niax.. lolx

baking soda is a tad abrasive... I've read not to use it more than 1-2x a week & to be extremely gentle. Don't scrub.

Arm & hammer makes a toothpaste w/ baking soda that has been proven gentle enough for every day use though.

Swish a little hydrogen peroxide 3% as your rinse.... whitens teeth too.

Yea man, that's how it whitens the teeth i guess..Probably using it no more than 3 times but mix with regular toothpaste.

PButter

Mar 8, 2011
USA
It's not necessarily the abrasive action that whitens teeth. Baking soda just sitting on the teeth can do that.

"Baking soda gives your teeth a whiter appearance by removing tough stains. Baking soda works to actively remove dulling plaque and deep stains that are embedded deep in tooth surface crevices by dissolving into these areas. Once dissolved in water, baking soda changes its chemical make up slightly and it gives off free radicals which penetrate the surface of the tooth’s enamel and combine with stain molecules breaking carbon double bonds; changing stain molecules from a darker coloured substance to a clear one allowing baking soda to help lighten and “whiten” teeth. If your teeth have more yellow and brown stains these are easier to change than gray stains. So the answer I have come up with is YES. Technically baking soda does help to “whiten” teeth." link

Point is, be gentle... it does work, wonderfully.

dysfoundation

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
Many years ago I made my own tooth cleaner out of baking soda and salt, then I would mix it with a bit of hydrogen peroxide when I brushed. It kept my teeth clean and I had no cavities during the years I was using it.

I wanna know why you stopped

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I wanna know why you stopped

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

I was going through a period in my life where I was trying to make everything I used. I baked my own bread, churned my own butter, made my own toothpaste... I just tried to do it all. I finally just ran out of energy and making my own tooth cleaner just fell by the wayside. I may start it again now that my memory has been jogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread