batteries charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
What charger do you have, and do you need to charge both together or can you charge them separately? With some (cheaper, usually) chargers it's better to charge them separately, while with others it doesn't matter.

Charging them together and using them separately shouldn't be a problem. Are you wondering about battery marriage? If so, your batteries are single. Marriage is only an issue (and only possible) with a multiple battery mod.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
hello i have a mech mod which takes 18650 single battery i want to know if i can recharge them on my 2 battery charger(i have a charger that only has spot for two batteries) and then use the batteries seperatly and safely on the mech

Depending on the lithium charger you have there's a good chance that a single cell will charge faster than two at once. Your charger may divide the current flow between the two when both bays are filled.

If you only have two batteries you can vape on one while the other is charging. The optimum case would be to buy 1 or 2 more batteries. That way you can use one and charge one and the ones not in use would get more rest time after being charged. It's a good idea to let cells rest enough to cool down after charging before putting them back in the mod.

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
hello i have a mech mod which takes 18650 single battery i want to know if i can recharge them on my 2 battery charger(i have a charger that only has spot for two batteries) and then use the batteries seperatly and safely on the mech
I guess there could be an exception, but yes. Just because the charger has two slots, you don't have to use both at the same time for it to work correctly. But as others asked, best to tell what charger you're using for a definitive answer.

I almost clicked "post reply," then thought a moment. Unless I'm misunderstanding, this seems like a really easy answer...something you should know about your charger, if you're using mechs. Are you familiar with ohm's law, and know enough about battery safety to use a mech safely? Sorry in advance, I don't mean to insult- but if you're not really sure, there may be some homework you should be doing. And others here, more informed than me on the subject, I'm sure would be glad to help.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    sony vtc5 ressistance 0.63

i just wanna know if i should recharge them one by one or both together in my charger which has only two slots of batteries

One or two slots, it doesn't matter.

But operating a mech mod requires a hell of a lot of knowledge. As shown in your thread:
    Mech mode problem with ohms law
    You need a bit more time learning about battery CDR, Ohm's law calculations, and whether your atomiser is actually safe to even use on a mech mod, before you take that step

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I don't have mechs but both my mods are single battery. I charge batteries on at a time (just works better for me doing that) My charger states that if just charging one battery to put in the right side... don't know if that applies to your charger. And yes, it charges faster with one than with two. No worries about charging batteries, but you should take the advice of others here about using a mech mod... listen to them and do your home work.

• Useful
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread