Batteries for my vmod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
Well I'm needing some battery advice.I have a vmod 2 and the vapage batteries I have gotten are giving me a little trouble.I have two sets of vapage batteries.I have had them for three weeks and two are bad already.They are fallling apart and one doesn't hold a charge.

They are 14500 3.7 v 800 mAh protected

Where can I find other batteries to use?I have found some that are 700,600,and 750 mah?Someone posted a link to aw batteries but they were 600mah,so what is the mah difference?If vapage is sending the 800mah isn't that what I should be using and if so why can't I find the 800mah anywhere ?

I'd also like to have another charger that can work with the batteries I purchase as the charger I have now only charges one at a time.Also if they are flat top batteries will they charge in a regular charger?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm feeling overwhelmed with this battery stuff.Thanks

LeftCoastVaper

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Mill Valley, CA
www.nexgenvapor.com
You can use any 14500 battery, but protection is probably a good idea. Don't worry about the mahs; they're usually under or overrated anyway. Just buy name-brand quality like AW , Panasonic, E-fest, etc.

As for chargers, Trustfire or Ultafire are good choices but there are many others that will handle up to four batts at a time.

Vaping isn't rocket science and it's not nearly as complicated as it first seems. Ignore the hype and silliness and you'll be fine.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
You can get decent batteries and chargers like you need at Vapor Beast http://www.vaporbeast.com/category_s/1833.htm also Madvapes just got a big shipment of batteries in, and they have chargers and stuff, too. Check there. Gotvapes is an option...but is a bit more $$. You can check My Vapor Store, too. They usually have a decent selection. All of the above have reasonable and fast shipping. VB has free shipping (no minimum purchase).

EDIT...ah phooey. It appears VB doesn't have 14500s. But the other vendors mentioned do. Or they should. I've gotten 14500s at MV and MVS before.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The mAh battery rating is what the manufacturer claims how long the battery will last between charges. This rating can be deceiving depending upon the manufacturer. 100 mAh is equal to 1 hour usage. So, 600 mAh should last at least 6 hours in use. As others have said, these ratings can sometimes be overstated, and how long a battery will last between charges is dependent upon many factors while it is in use.

I purchase all of my batteries from RTD Vapor. They are a popular, reputable vendor with fast service that sell genuine brand name equipment. Below are some choices in 14500 batteries from RTD. I prefer purchasing AW brand; my daughter and myself have Altsmoke BB's that use the 14500 size battery and I prefer using the IMR class batteries because of their safer chemistry rather than the protected Li Ion class batteries which have a more volatile chemistry.

AW IMR 600 mah Batteries : AW IMR 14500 3.7 V 600mAh

AW Protected 750 mah Batteries : AW Protected 14500

I would NOT purchase any no-name "brand-less" batteries or any with "-fire" in the name.

I use a Pila charger for my 18650, 18350, and 14500 batteries. It is hands down one of the better chargers on the market, but it should be for the price. No regrets after purchasing it over a year ago. For my daughter I bought the Nitecore Intellicharger i2 for her 14500's. http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/nitecore-intellicharger-i2-detail
___

This should be required reading for all vapors that use replaceable rechargeable batteries:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/warning-rechargeable-batteries-apvs-mods/

Last edited:

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
These are wonderful suggestions and I really appreciate it guys-always the best advice when I need it.On a sad note,my new vmod switch just freaking fell out of the body.I have had some trouble with my vmod since I got it three or four weeks ago.I've had some leaking,which I think I'm just squeezing too hard.The bottom coil where the battery sits keeps popping in and out when I put the battery in or out and now the flipping switch just came right out of the top.I'm not sure what to do.I guess I'll call vapage on Monday and see what they want me to do to get it fixed.Right now I'm just being careful not to lose the switch so I can still vape-carefully.Right now this is the only thing I am using to vape on and I didn't order any more cartomizers for my old bloog batteries.I was so hoping this little guy would be more sturdy for me.I haven't abused it in anyway whatsoever.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sorry to hear about this. I just ordered a VMod this weekend due to a 30% off sale. I hope your experience doesn't say anything about the overall quality of these devices. I wasn't expecting this to be built like a Reo, but I would expect more durability than yours has had.

Hopefully Vapage will step up and make things right for you.

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
Yes well,I did alot of reading here on ecf and also watched some you tube videos.I also hope it is just a glitch with mine as most seem very satisfied and happy with the durability of their vmod.I'm actually quite satisfied with the vmod itselt.I learned to be more gentle with the squonking and I'm having less leaking.I just keep slipping the battery coil back into it's slot on the bottom,carefully.I might have considered wanting to super glue the coil in but haven't.The switch is the only thing I can't really deal with.It still works,it just now lifts out of the hole it's in when I go to turn it off or on.I haven't read anywhere else that someone had this kind of switch problem.

So I'll let you know how it goes,either here or on my other thread.I'm sure it will get worked out.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
I'd try to get a replacement VMOD out of Vapage on that faulty button and loose coil. I have two 2.0s and one or the other has been going around in my pocket every day for the last 8 months or so with no problems whatsoever. It sounds like you might have gotten a lemon.

As for batteries, I've tried Trustfire Protected 14500s in mine, and they fit, but it's so tight that the positive end is so close to the contact that it will still fire when it's locked. So ironically, since protected batteries are longer, they might not be quite as safe as a unprotected batteries in this particular instance. Your best bet is the safe chemistry AW IMRs. They're 600 mAh, but with a spare, I'm usually good for the day.

jweavers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2011
Panama City Florida
All I can do is call them and see what they say.It's hard to believe I would get a lemon,but who knows.Either they will replace it or they won't.I haven't dropped it or anything like that.I've been very careful and meticulous with it.I'm going to have to pick up an alternate pv to use if they want this one back before sending out a new one.I'm thinking of one of those twist batteries and a kanger T-3 tank set-up to get me through.I don't know.Was just kinda hoping not to have to mess with anymore equipment for awhile.

I'll have to reserve final judgement on the vmod until then.If this one is just a fluke and it seems like it is, as everyone else has had really good things to say about them,well,then hopefully this one will be repaired or replaced and I'll be just fine if it holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread