The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

batteries for vaping at high wattage

Discussion in 'Batteries and Chargers' started by penguinfan, Mar 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
  2. abn75

abn75 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Short answer no.
    Long answer, no, and don't buy batteries off of ebay. Buy from reputable battery sites, you are less likely to get fakes.
    Those batteries are not actually rated at what the wrap claims. Look at mooch's posts to see the list of batteries he recommends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  3. RainSong

RainSong An adult who likes flavors. Verified Member ECF Veteran

eBay is no good for batteries, ever. I get mine from liion.com, great prices, quick shipping, authentic batteries. I know there are other good vendors that people prefer, I just happened to go with liion.

• Like Like x 1
  4. RainSong

I do have a couple of those Imren batteries that my husband bought from a smoke shop (despite telling him Samsung, LG or Sony) and I do use them but I don't and wouldn't vape high wattage with them.

5. SteveS45

SteveS45 Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2016
    Long Island, New York
    I think you might even get a better price at LIION for the same amount of batteries and cases.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Liskrig

Liskrig Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2015
    MA, USA
    Another option is to try Orbtronic. They have authentic cells, and usually have random sales on popular ones. I'm grabbing 4 of those 3000 mAh LG chocolatey goodness cells from them tonight for my MTL setups.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RainSong

Noooooo! I didn't need to see my favorite batteries on sale when I've already made 3 vape related purchases today. My husband is going to kill me.

• Like Like x 2
  8. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Unless you divorce him and take half first.

If you need any more help, I'll be here all week.

Tapatyped

• Like Like x 2
  9. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
  10. penguinfan

penguinfan Full Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Waldorf, MD
  11. abn75

abn75 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

No, became there are no 40 amp 18650 batteries. I use sony vtc5a in all my 18650 mods

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  12. Liskrig

Liskrig Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2015
    MA, USA
    Hahaha I justify it to my fiancee that my purchase is in the name of safety! I've been using the same Sony cells for just over a year soooooo... (BTW nothing wrong with them at all).

• Like Like x 1
  13. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    @penguinfan
    Have a read through Mooch's blog.This will enable to make an informed decision, followed up of course with more questions here should you need to.

• Like Like x 4
  14. dampfan

dampfan Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Germany
    No!
    If you want cells for high/higher wattages, buy appropriate cells from Sanyo (UR18650NSX), Sony, Samsung or LG and buy them not at eBay but at a trustworthy shop.
    Don't buy Efest (they often lie and label e.g. 10A cells as 20 or 30A), and don't buy anything else than Sanyo/Panasonic, LG, Samsung or Sony.
    All other 18650 high drain cells on the market are re-labeled batteries from Sanyo/Panasonic, LG, Samsung or Sony, afaik. And very often the re-labellers sell them with false specs (higher drain and/or higher capacity).

15. beckdg

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I don't understand why efest gets special mention.

There's plenty of shops that don't sell them.

Yet all these shops do sell rewraps with inflated specs.

I think we've been well past the point of this being a single brand issue for more than enough time.

Tapatyped

16. dampfan

dampfan Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Germany
    Maybe because they are most spread of all re-wrappers/re-labelrs?
    Of course all re-labelrs that falsify specs are the same evil.

17. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Efest gets hammered because they are the most popular & widely distributed, that and it would take 2 pages to list all the others notorious for wrapping / re wrapping lesser quality cells & over stating specs.

With Sony selling their 'battery' division to Murata last year I predict they will soon be on the suspicious / never know what you're gonna get list.

18. beckdg

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    And it's not uncommon for a new poster to be told to avoid efest...

And you could fill 2 pages with the names of over spec'd rewraps they just bought to avoid efest.

When acceptable brands and places to buy them can be listed with 2 category introductions and 10 names or less.

What to get

Where to buy

Tapatyped

• Like Like x 3
  19. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Quite correct, :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Barkuti

Barkuti Super Member ECF Veteran

[​IMG]

So, you believe one of the big players in the electronic component manufacturing industry is going to jeopardize a profitable battery business? [​IMG]
    Hell, the only brand reference I can figure out in Sony's cell wraps are the first two letters, “SE” (Sony Energy). At most, Murata will change it for an “ME” (Murata Energy) plus an optional “D” (Division). The agreement may include development personnel conveyance, too.
    My bet is the cells may be called slightly different, but the business will go on as usual. They have a hefty client portfolio to honour. :cool:

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.