Status
Not open for further replies.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
Short answer no.
Long answer, no, and don't buy batteries off of ebay. Buy from reputable battery sites, you are less likely to get fakes.
Those batteries are not actually rated at what the wrap claims. Look at mooch's posts to see the list of batteries he recommends.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Another option is to try Orbtronic. They have authentic cells, and usually have random sales on popular ones. I'm grabbing 4 of those 3000 mAh LG chocolatey goodness cells from them tonight for my MTL setups.
Noooooo! I didn't need to see my favorite batteries on sale when I've already made 3 vape related purchases today. My husband is going to kill me.

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Noooooo! I didn't need to see my favorite batteries on sale when I've already made 3 vape related purchases today. My husband is going to kill me.

Hahaha I justify it to my fiancee that my purchase is in the name of safety! I've been using the same Sony cells for just over a year soooooo... (BTW nothing wrong with them at all).

Reactions: RainSong

dampfan

Jan 3, 2016
Germany

No!
If you want cells for high/higher wattages, buy appropriate cells from Sanyo (UR18650NSX), Sony, Samsung or LG and buy them not at eBay but at a trustworthy shop.
Don't buy Efest (they often lie and label e.g. 10A cells as 20 or 30A), and don't buy anything else than Sanyo/Panasonic, LG, Samsung or Sony.
All other 18650 high drain cells on the market are re-labeled batteries from Sanyo/Panasonic, LG, Samsung or Sony, afaik. And very often the re-labellers sell them with false specs (higher drain and/or higher capacity).

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I don't understand why efest gets special mention.

There's plenty of shops that don't sell them.

Yet all these shops do sell rewraps with inflated specs.

I think we've been well past the point of this being a single brand issue for more than enough time.

Tapatyped

Efest gets hammered because they are the most popular & widely distributed, that and it would take 2 pages to list all the others notorious for wrapping / re wrapping lesser quality cells & over stating specs.

With Sony selling their 'battery' division to Murata last year I predict they will soon be on the suspicious / never know what you're gonna get list.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Efest gets hammered because they are the most popular & widely distributed, that and it would take 2 pages to list all the others notorious for wrapping / re wrapping lesser quality cells & over stating specs.

And it's not uncommon for a new poster to be told to avoid efest...

And you could fill 2 pages with the names of over spec'd rewraps they just bought to avoid efest.

When acceptable brands and places to buy them can be listed with 2 category introductions and 10 names or less.

What to get

Where to buy

Tapatyped

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2016
Alhama de Murcia, Spain

With Sony selling their 'battery' division to Murata last year I predict they will soon be on the suspicious / never know what you're gonna get list.
image_content_24206046_20150904182531.jpg

So, you believe one of the big players in the electronic component manufacturing industry is going to jeopardize a profitable battery business?
095.gif

Hell, the only brand reference I can figure out in Sony's cell wraps are the first two letters, “SE” (Sony Energy). At most, Murata will change it for an “ME” (Murata Energy) plus an optional “D” (Division). The agreement may include development personnel conveyance, too.
My bet is the cells may be called slightly different, but the business will go on as usual. They have a hefty client portfolio to honour. :cool:

Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread