lupinehorror

bròn
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Dunblane
A lot less expensive, for sure.
I am quite familiar with AW batteries, been using them for years. Satisfied there...
Ordered first set (4) of Sony VTC6 batteries. No markings on the battery that say 'Sony', just a white sticker on a green flat top 18650. Should I be worried ?
i have 4 VTC6 cells...none of them ever had a sony sticker on them but i bought them from a reputable vendor ( .co.uk at the bottom of @Mooch 's battery chart). not saying yours are dodgy but be aware

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I am quite familiar with AW Batteries, been using them for years. Satisfied there...
    Ordered first set (4) of Sony VTC6 batteries. No markings on the battery that say 'Sony', just a white sticker on a green flat top 18650. Should I be worried ?

Peel off the sticker and you should see the Sony info on the metal can through the wrap.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The cheapest single VTC6 on eBay I could find was $5.99 and $5 each in 4 Plus. Free shipping.

But Liionwholesale has them for $5.99 each or $5.87 for 4. You have to pay around $3 shipping.

Not even close to enough saved to give up the piece of mind for knowing they are almost 100% certain to be genuine.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 16, 2013
    alabama
    I am quite familiar with AW Batteries, been using them for years. Satisfied there...

You need to check out Liion, they are quick shipping and not a bad price at all, I just bought 4 LG HE4's for $20 and they threw in 2 battery cases, plus I know they are real. I don't trust Ebay and Amazon for batteries, the seller may be legit or may not, then again whomever they got batteries from may or may not be legit.

There's been trouble for reputable dealers keeping clones out and they'll take a loss if they happen to get some or ship back/make claim through their insurance. I just don't see many on Ebay or Amazon being able or wanting to do that.

3rd party sellers have it made on these things because the only way to prove real or not is to have equipment (which is more than enough, you aren't worried about battery prices) or destroying the battery. They have enough room to argue real, that you just can't win and if you do how long will it take? In the end spend the few extra dollars a battery and be safe.

If it makes you feel better I can remember a time when 1- 18650 ran like $16 plus shipping, all the prices are great to me, lol.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    There are enough reliable vendors for batteries with prices the same if not less than eBay I wouldn’t even consider venturing there for a battery. Of all the things that can cause you real risk in vaping, batteries are about the one and only. Why take an unnecessary risk? It might be fine, but what if it’s not?

rob33

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2009
    A World Traveler
    Here is what I look for in a vendor:
    1. Are they a authorized battery dealer
    2. Do they verify each lot number for authenticity
    3. Do they test the batteries they sell and provide the data.

If you look for battery wholesalers meeting the above, you will find they are very price competitive. Peace of mind, "priceless".

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    DFAB18BE-677B-4A00-A627-03F6092360E1.jpeg
    07B994B6-3F6A-46B5-91ED-2A2D05ED047C.jpeg
    Here’s pics of my vtc6 from rtdvapor. Ignore the large amount of noalox on the positive end, I’m really generous sometimes with it :facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread