Batteries issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diegov

Dec 6, 2022
Hey there,

I´m back vaping and I have some problems to find a good way to vape without "burning" coils.

I am using the mod TopSide Dual (Bottom feeder) with RDA dual coil.

I have been using 0.1ohm dual with 2 SONY VTC6 but I can´t get the power that the build needs and those coils are gone in 4 days use.

For that I am currently using mono coil 0,17ohm with SONY VTC6.

In order to use again a low ohm build (0,1 / 0,11 / 0,12), which batteries could I use and what is a good AMP/Watts/V power to use them safe?
I am thinking about SONY VTC5.

Thanks in advance,

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey there,

I´m back vaping and I have some problems to find a good way to vape without "burning" coils.

I have been using 0.1ohm dual with 2 SONY VTC6 but I can´t get the power that the build needs and those coils are gone in 4 days use.

In order to use again a low ohm build (0,1 / 0,11 / 0,12), which batteries could I use and what is a good AMP/Watts/V power to use them safe?

Thanks in advance,

Hi and welcome,

With a regulated device, resistance is irrelevant.

When in doubt, buy "Molicel P26A/Molicel P28A" from a trusted vendor.

Please post your location for useful vendor suggestions.

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey there,

Thanks in advance,

Welcome to the ECF Diegov.

"I have been using 0.1ohm dual with 2 SONY VTC6 but I can´t get the power that the build needs...". Why don't you just do builds that have a Higher Resistance?

And as Izan said, build Ohms are meaningless to a Regulated Mod. It's the Watts that Matter.

Diegov

Dec 6, 2022
Hey!!

Thank you for your responses.

I'm living in Ireland.

The problem with the batteries is that VTC6 have 30A max and with the 0.1ohm build I need to work around 115-130watts. That means more than 30A in the mod.

As the batteries are supposed to work 30A max, I'm not sure if I can vape if the mod tell me more than 30A.

I'll be waiting your replies.

Best,

• Wow
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hey!!

I'm living in Ireland.

The problem with the batteries is that VTC6 have 30A max and with the 0.1ohm build I need to work around 115-130watts. That means more than 30A in the mod.

As the batteries are supposed to work 30A max, I'm not sure if I can vape if the mod tell me more than 30A.

Best,
As long as you are using batteries that meet or exceed the device manufacturers recommendations, you will be fine.

THE RESISTANCE OF THE COIL IS NOT IMPORTANT WHEN USING A REGULATED DEVICE. (Within the devices upper and lower limits)

I shop here: Home page | NKON
They also have non EU site with no VAT.

Cheers
I

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
@Diegov

Mooch rates the Sony VTC6 at 15A.

"The datasheet mentions operation at over 15A if you keep the maximum cell temperature below 80°C but I recommend not using it at over 15A. This is an “energy” cell and not a “power” cell and you start getting a lot of voltage sag when running near its 15A rating or higher."

-VTC6.jpg

As @Izan suggested you would be better off going with Molicel P28A batteries.

Mooch recommends staying under 25A with the P28A's.

"So while you can run this cell for short periods at 35A I recommend staying at 25A or lower to help improve performance (reduce voltage sag), extend cell life, and reduce the risk of going over the 60°C limit."

-P28A.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hey!!

I'm living in Ireland.

Best,

Just Build with Higher Ohms and All Your Problems Go Away.

:pop:

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread