Just Ordered VAMO V3, What Am I Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
Well I just pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered the VAMO V3 Stainless Steel with Nitecore I2 US battery charger / 2*Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 batteries from FastTech: $58.85 Vamo V3 Stainless Steel Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger / 2*Panasonic CGR18650CH 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Also ordered two Kanger ProTank 2's from Desert Vapes:
Innokin ProTank Clearomizer

I was on the fence on what type of batteries to buy but from what I could tell most ppl with with the Panasonic's from fasttech. Should I order 2 18350's as well to stack them or go short? Has anyone found a case to carry the VAMO V3 or at least a nice case to carry my extra ProTank 2?

Last but not least can anyone point me to where I can learn about VV/VW?

Thanks!

vwkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2013
CT
I'd say forgo the 18350s. Stacking *can* be dangerous, although many do it without problem, I just don't see a point in taking the risk. Also, once you receive it, take out the center tube and try holding it without it. Personally I find it awkward due to button placement. You may not, but give it a try. I just don't see the point, but it's all subjective.

As far as VV vs VW. Think of VW as autopilot. With VV you'll need to tinker when you change to a device with a different ohm rating. With VW, once you find your best setting, if you put a device with a different ohm rating on it, it does the work for you.

When it comes to a case, I found I never used it. I received one with my first eGo Twists, it was bulky and silly. If you need to keep your device and extra juice in something, I'd look around for something you already have, or look in unconventional places. I ended up keeping my extra Evods in an unused change purse I had laying around, works perfect for me.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Congrats on the new Gear!

Yes, get the 350's, but not to stack, to use the shorter tube configuration. Very nice for out and about. Suggest AW or Efest from Stateside. As far as tank cases, I like the Big Daddy Vapor cases:

Tank%20Cases.jpg

Tank Case [TC] - $2.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

They also have nice battery cases (important). Big Daddy is home to the "Slap Yo Mama" carto tool. About the best in the market, imho:

SS%20SYM.jpg

Stainless Steel Slap Yo' Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter [SYMSS] - $12.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

Can't live without my SYM, or the little SYM holder:

Black SYM Pill Tool Holder [BlackPill] - $1.99 : Big Daddy Vapor

These cases and holder allow you to pack your batteries, adapters, and APV all together, without fear of accidental battery discharge. This is a legitimate concern. Many stories about APV's melting, batteries discharging in the pockets, etc. when not stored and transported safely. Battery safety may be the most important part of vaping, so keep you eye on it.

BatteryCaseSymPill.jpg

Love your Vamo. I have that one too, and that kit is my personal favorite on FT. Great in SS, nice charger, and the CGR18650CH batteries that come with it are very, very good. I rotate 6 of them, along with my AW's. Great kit, imho. The Protank's are quite good. The Davide is my preferred because it has a slightly tighter draw (2 holes vs 3 holes), a removeable drip tip and replaceable glass tank. Oddly, the same features that Kanger now incorporates in their new Protank 2 that was recently released.

Anyway, love your selections, love you thinking about your vape gear, I think your VapeQuest looks bright indeed. Congrats on quitting, getting here, gearing up, and thank you for sharing your experience. Best to you.

Last edited:

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
Personally, I don't much care to bring any mod out of my house with 18650s in it. The Vamo is a bit longer than some of the other mods I have. I use 18500s (which will not work in the Vamo) and 18350s most of the time. With everything you ordered though, you may want to see if you really desire the short mode when you get your Vamo, rather than hurrying up and buying the 18350s now.

While the Vamo will accept stacked batteries, it really is not recommended by me or anyone! That is an accident waiting to happen. Get a feel for the thing before you crank it up to 11. The batteries you bought are good. I have a few from FT and I use them in my mods when I am at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread