Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I have AW IMR 1600 mah, Samsung 25R and Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mah batteries in my arsenal. I use the Panasonic's in my innokin VTR and the other 2 in my Reo. The Panasonic is a "protected" battery that I want to use in my flashlight as well and is thee ​battery of choice with the flashlight crowd. Is it usable for the Reo? being a protected battery? I'd love to have a one fits all battery.

RGLP4Lyfe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
PA
The panasonic does not really support sub ohm coils. You wouldnt be able to go down very far. I forgot what the max amps are but its something like 6 amps? I believe.. What ohm do you usually run at? Aw arw your best bet. Ive heard good things about xtar and they are cheap right now. Their basically the new "vtc4" as sony is out of the game. Also the samsung he2 2500 have a 20amp rating and are my favorite.

My love- Kawa green Reo grand LP w/ TRA Super light door, with TOBH and chuff top!

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
It's 6.8 amps. I vape no lower than .9 ohms give or take, single coil mostly. I'm really liking the Samsung 25R in the Reo but might not be the safest battery for flashlights if going below 3 volts; that's why I'm curious about the Panasonic. I spend a lot of time in the woods this time of year after dark and can spend a lot of time using a light, so going below 3 volts might be an issue. It's not a problem keeping batteries separate for the Reo but I like the notion of one battery for all.

West on 68 towards Indian River oldbroad! I work in Petoskey.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I'd love to have a one fits all battery.

I sort of wish it worked that way, too. -- But, the best advice is to think about your protected batts as the 'primary' batts for your flashlight and your IMR's as the primary batts for your REO. If you need to carry spare batts for both devices, make the spares the IMRs because they'll drive your flashlight just fine (shorter run time than the specific batt you mentioned, but drive it just fine) and are also the appropriate cells for your REO.

And this is indeed the approach I take:

The battery in my flashlights right now: Work truck light has an older AW 2600 mah (panny cells) protected. The battery in my personal carry light right now is a much newer 3400 mah AW (panny cells) protected. Both the tool box on the work truck and the tool box on my personal truck have a couple of 2000 mah AW IMR. -- The "spare" batts are perfectly appropriate for the flashlights (shorter run time but perfectly capable and safe), and good enough to do the job for the REO if I'm caught out unexpectedly for an extra day somewhere. If I was running super-sub-ohm (like .3 or something), I'd probably choose different "spares".... If all I used 18650s for was the REO, all I would own would be my favorite IMRs. If all I used 18650s for was my flashlights, all I'd own is AW protected.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
The 1600 will hold voltages higher from 4.2 to down to 3.7. The 2200 will be a little less the protect cell will drop quicker but hold longer. I would run either the 1600 or 2200 in the Reo.

I have 1600, 2000 and 2200 AWs, I also run VTC4 VTC5 and LG HE2, All but the AW 2000 are great choices for a Reo. The 2000 works fine but drops to a lower voltage quickly then holds there, so the others give a strong hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread