battery all gummed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I have a bunch of batteries including USB passthroughs that just dont stay lit long enough to get a good long led blinking drag off of. If you see your battery led turn off before the 3-5 second drag is over and you cant get the led to blink then your battery to is gummed up.

I had nothing to loose because the battery and the USB pass through was non functioning anyway, so I used my wifes high pressure steamer.

Amazon.com: Electric Steam Cleaner: Home & Garden

31TdvGupxNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

This thing shoots out high pressure steam in a pin point stream. I shot my full charged but gummed up switch battery with it for about 20 seconds. Let it drain and dry then tried it out and the battery was like brand new.

So I did the same thing on my USB pass through that was not working at all, i mean no led or nothing, and the switch got free and clean and is now working brand new condition.

So then I steamed the sink and stuff around the house. Any way, just figured Id share this with everyone.

Chris From Cali

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have a Steambuddy that I use for my shirt and it works great for cleaning the atomizers, only costs about 20 bucks. I may try it on one of my batteries that keeps acting up. (I'll drag on it and just like you said, 2-3 seconds and it turns off even though I'm still sucking, I have to stop and start again, really pissing me off)

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada
I just discovered a dry cleaning method for cleaning threaded ends and grooves at the working end of the battery. A fine wired brass brush usually used for suede footwear. Just force the end of the battery into the middle of the bristles and turn. the fine brass wires go right down into the grooves and clean them out perfect. Just brush the threaded end and the battery looks like new. If there is nothing wrong with the battery, it will work like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread