Battery Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry138

Mar 5, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
I was just using my new (two weeks old) auto battery and I accidentally dropped it. We're talking maybe a two foot drop, and onto carpet, but for some reason now I can't get it to work. Puffing on it does nothing, either with a cart on or off - the LED doesn't light up or anything. I tried plugging it into the USB charger and the LED went apes*** blinking a ton of times, but since it was just fully charged up an hour ago it won't charge any more. Any idea what happened?

larry138

Mar 5, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
Aw man, I only had two batteries too, and my one only lasts me for about 75% of the day. I guess I'll have to use it real sparingly until I can buy a new battery and wait for it to arrive.

Haha I love Evil Ernie, such a badass comic series. I have all of 'em, and a book that contains the first couple issues and I got it signed by the series creator.

Pawpaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
North Texas
The auto batteries work on pressure differential, not vibration.

Keeping it simple, here is a diaphragm that will move when you take a draw because the pressure is lower at the battery connector than it is behind it (inside the battery).

It's not necessarily the distance of the drop, but the angle at which it hits.

It is probably toast, but some have had luck with a simple fix. Insert a paper clip GENTLY into the center hole on the battery connector. You don't want to push in much, but you should feel a little "click" when the switch pin re-centers itself.

That's the only fix I've heard of that might work.

If you push too hard, it will poke a hole in the diaphragm, and it really will be toast.

deadman31299

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2010
Wyoming
I didn't really like the auto battery to begin with, but the fact that they're so fragile makes me really not like them. I'll just stick with manuals from now on I guess. I just got the auto to see if I'd like it or not, and I guess this was a good trial run to help me decide on manual.

Hmm. I dunno, i love my autos man. The switch on a manual can stop working too ya know? lol. I wouldn't let this sour your opinion on them(autos), but when it comes down to it, it's all about your personal preference. I PERSONALLY don't like my manual pass through. For me the button is a pain in the ..., i think i may be SUPER lazy.:sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread