Battery chemistry ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

bssage

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2010
Iowa
I am not a tech dude when it come to batteries. I have a very basic understanding. Just enough to get by using ecigs for the last several years. I recently pre-ordered a Janty Mid. They added this to their description.

[h=1]Single/Multi Cell Configuration Module:[/h]A software module will be released that will allow the 1 or 2 batteries configuration of your MiD device, as well as multi-chemistry batteries configuration:
  • Secondary battery: IMR / LMO / LiMn2O4 / Lithium Manganese Oxide
  • Secondary battery: ICR / LCO / LiCoO2 / Lithium Cobalt Oxide
  • Secondary battery: IFR / LFP / LiFePO4 / Lithium Iron Phosphate
  • Primary batteries: compatibility list to be announced

Could someone please translate this to "end user" speak? Or which is the best choice? I am also trying to figure out what specifically is the battery they talk about with the single cell configuration.

Thanks in advance.

I choose this subcatagory on the forum because I just figured it would have a larger specific knowledge base. Mods can move if they feel like it.

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I have wanted to try a lifepo4 in a PV but they have some unique characteristics. They operate at a slightly lower voltage and as such need lower min/max voltage operation as well as charge voltage. However they have some distinct advantages over other lithium batteries - longer shelf life, longer cycle life, safer chemistry, greener, etc.

Lithium iron phosphate battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread