Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
I'm playing around with batteries this morning - got two 900mAh batteries from madvapes and two 900mAh genuwyne Joyetech batteries.

The MV batteries are about 3/16" shorter but fresh off the charger they seem to produce a little better flavor and a little more vapor, which would lead me to believe they're providing a bit more current to the atomizer. I'm not sure about battery life, though - the Joyetech batteries last me 12-13 hours but I notice decreased vapor production about half an hour before they quit. I did have to raise the center post of both MV batteries just a little bit to get them to connect to charger or cartomizer, though - but about one minute with a Dremel tool should solve that permanently.

Anyway, has anybody else noticed a difference in eGO batteries? I'd prefer not to go much bigger than 900mAh as that size battery with an EMDCC is about as long as I'd care to go. Is there a holy grail of eGO batteries?

edit: It took me less than a minute to fix both MV batteries with a Dremel tool and a fine stone. The metal on the connector end appears to be pretty soft ;)

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Joye eGo batteries are regulated to around ~3.2v. Neither of the eGo clones that madvapes sells is regulated, although the black ones are mofset driven like the joye. Both of the ego clones that madvapes sells are just like other batteries in that they produce around 4.2v fully charged and slowly decrease until they die. The joye batts produce ~3.2v all the time.

Holy grail of eGo batts: The gold eGo (silver or maybe platinum colored with gold colored band and gold colored bottom and top) from madvapes are the best ego clones I use. I have a lot of ego and eGo clone batteries and the gold band ones from madvapes are by far my favorites.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
After doing a pile of research yesterday I think where I wanna be is an EMDCC with 1100mAh KGO batteries - 4.2v off the charger and about 3.3v at cutoff. I'm not tickled about the extra length, but although the MV batteries came off the charger hot they didn't seem to last as long as the 3.2v eGO batteries.

edit: On the battery life thing it's likely that my stepping down from 24mg to 18mg had a bit to do with it as I noticed this morning it took about .5 ml more juice to fill my carto than it usually does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread