Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
mods, can we leave this here and not move it to the modding forum, please - it's an eGo-specific mod. Thanks!

Anyway, this thread

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-issues/224213-ego-10440-battery-mod.html

started me thinking.

I like using my EMDCCs and I like charging off a USB port so I decided to build a box mod with an eGo switch. The plan is to build an 1800mAh 3.7v box mod that can use an EMDCC (or any other eGo or 510 hardware) without an adapter and can also charge through an eGo charger.

Batteries won't be here until tomorrow but I'm gonna build the box mod today - Radio Shack doesn't open for another hour so about all I could do was disassemble a 900mAh Smoktech battery I had lying around. The plan is to use the Smoktech switch and battery tube and I've already disassembled the battery. The box mod will use a pair of 900mAh protected 14500 batteries wired in parallel.

The way I got the Smoktech battery apart was with a big pair of pliers - I wrapped a towel around the switch so I didn't mark it up with the pliers and wiggled the tube off the switch. The switch and the end cap are just pressed on.

1-disassembled-battery.jpg

More pics after I go shopping.

Last edited:

stevenejb

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Kansas City
Mode, can we leave this here and not move it to the modding forum, please - it's an eGo-specific mod. Thanks!

Anyway, this thread

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-issues/224213-ego-10440-battery-mod.html

started me thinking.

I like using my EMDCCs and I like charging off a USB port so I decided to build a box mod with an eGo switch. The plan is to build an 1800mAh 3.7v box mod that can use an EMDCC (or any other eGo or 510 hardware) without an adapter and can also charge through an eGo charger.

Batteries won't be here until tomorrow but I'm gonna build the box mod today - Radio Shack doesn't open for another hour so about all I could do was disassemble a 900mAh Smoktech battery I had lying around. The plan is to use the Smoktech switch and battery tube and I've already disassembled the battery. The box mod will use a pair of 900mAh protected 14500 batteries wired in parallel.

The way I got the Smoktech battery apart was with a big pair of pliers - I wrapped a towel around the switch so I didn't mark it up with the pliers and wiggled the tube off the switch. The switch and the end cap are just pressed on.

View attachment 56683

More pics after I go shopping.

Wish there was a way to use that switch within a puck box mod. That way you could buy everything at Radio Shack and not have to wait for anything to ship to you but still be able to connect 510 cartomizers. I suppose you could if you mounted the switch in the box and used the external button to trigger the ego switch inside the box. I don't know.. I'm not a modder or a guru in circuits :)

Last edited:

wizard10000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
midwestern us
Meh - I killed the switch anyway. Broke the ground lead off the PCB and my eyes and hands aren't good enough any more to resolder the wire on a PCB that's about as big as my little fingernail :(

Unfortunately on a Smoktech battery the ground lead is required (I hear on a Joyetech battery it isn't).

Too bad - I was almost finished. Oh, well. You can't win if you don't play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread