Battery Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
From reading about them it should fit but the cap won't screw in all the way. Putting an o-ring around the thread of the cap can help. It's 68mm and the batteries for LT are around 65mm. From what I've been reading when the new LT comes it should accommodate all 18650 protected or not. One issue though with protected batteries is if you reach the limit it will shut down the battery.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
Yes there is built in circuit protection that protects in a few ways plus they are high drain batteries making them pretty safe..if you look inside your LT it is also coated preventing it from shorting on the sides..then there is a small vent hole in the cap but if you look the plastic that goes through the cap is most likely a blow out plug.

I haven't heard of one of these LT's venting yet. For extra safety it's a good idea to test your batteries and charger making sure it isn't charging over 4.2v and it's a good idea to not let your batteries go below 3v..although the device should shut off before then and it should flash the screen at 3.3v. Also good to do a visual check for issues..oh and never use batteries right off the charger wait at least a few mins.

I feel pretty safe with my LT the batteries never even get warm and if you came anywhere where the limit they would get warm...

Last edited:

ZoSo15

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Arizona
Ok, thanks for the great reply!

I don't have one of these yet, but one is on the way. My Evercool I made almost a year ago is falling apart and I'm glad there are more options available for sale today. I really suck at soldering, haha.

Also convinced my mom to take the plunge. Just got done ordering up a tube, a tank with cartos, and juice for her. I'm excited for her. I sure wish I had one of these suckers back when I made the switch instead of my Blucigs, haha.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread