Panasonic Japanese made 2250mah 10A IMR battery. An AW Slayer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conan

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
USA
USPS, and others over sea's, Batts have a hazardous situation when shipping by air,,,, so they made a new ruling and as of May 16th I believe it is they will only be able to use Fed Ex, DSL, and maybe a couple other smaller companies, but there will be no more USPS and others shipping Batts over seas conan, so if your buying over seas rechargable and your low you may want to buy some now. This should also have an effect on pricing since all vendors will most likely have to pay more for shipping the way I see this, not a lot but some.

Thank you mwa102464 for the information!

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
AW Batts are the closest to there mAh rating then any other Batts I've seen,along with the Panasonic 2250 imr & 3100, not sure what your saying sailorman, but if you check out your set up I bet you that your getting close to right what you should be out of the AW mAh rating,...
I'm judging by my results when I used to use them for flashlights. They didn't seem to be much more accurate than the Surefire batteries as far as expected run times.
..and of course the black IC batts will give you longer run times, but there are trade offs with this. The IMR will give you a harder hit and hold above the 4V a bit longer then the IC will, but the IC will always give you a longer run time, the IMR may be a bit safer too depending on what set up people are using seeing they wont go boom but only vent a gas.
I switched from 14500 AW IMRs to the ICRs on my BB. It's a switch from 600 to 750mah, but it seems like more. The IMR might hold over 4V longer than the ICR if they were the same mah, but it seems like I get a stronger vape with the ICR for longer. Maybe it's just because of the increased capacity. I haven't metered or graphed their discharge rate.

I've been ordering from dealxtreme for about 3yrs now, I haven't ever gotten an order in 10 days but maybe once, usually its about 3-4 weeks when I placed orders. Most of the stuff I have gotten from DX has been cheap stuff as well, and far from high quality, just my experience with DX
Dealextreme has a distribution facility in the U.S. now. They're delivery times on a lot of things are much faster than they used to be. Even so, I don't think I ever had more than 2-1/2 weeks delivery time. My last couple orders took about 10 days. I suppose it depends on what you order.
DX has cheap stuff and decent stuff. You have to know what you're buying and that's where the reviews come in handy. I mostly bought flashlights from them and have dealt with them since about 2000. You can get the same $25 flashlight from a U.S. vendor for $49 if you can find it and it makes you feel better.

Edit: The Panasonic CGR18650CH is an awesome Batt,, I would be a bit leery ordering them them from DX myself. Also dont forget as of May 16th I think it is there will be no more international mail on Batts from certain postal companies, But these Panasonic's are super Batts and work great in all of my Mods
I would never order the CGRs from Dealextreme. I don't even know if they carry them. At $8 apiece, there's no need anyway. DX is good for $4 Trustfires and they're big enough that I don't worry about counterfeits. I think when you get batteries from overseas, the come via China Post or something anyway. The USPS doesn't handle inbound shipments in the air. If you were returning them, it would be a different story. UPS would charge you $40 to return a $4 battery.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
USPS, and others over sea's, Batts have a hazardous situation when shipping by air,,,, so they made a new ruling and as of May 16th I believe it is they will only be able to use Fed Ex, DSL, and maybe a couple other smaller companies, but there will be no more USPS and others shipping Batts over seas conan, so if your buying over seas rechargable and your low you may want to buy some now. This should also have an effect on pricing since all vendors will most likely have to pay more for shipping the way I see this, not a lot but some.
Vendors don't use USPS to receive goods from overseas. If I was in Europe, I couldn't send you a package via USPS. Vendors will have to pay more to ship overseas, but not to receive things from overseas suppliers. USPS only takes over for the domestic leg of the delivery. If you're buying batteries from an overseas vendor, there should be no change in the shipping price.

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
Vendors don't use USPS to receive goods from overseas. If I was in Europe, I couldn't send you a package via USPS. Vendors will have to pay more to ship overseas, but not to receive things from overseas suppliers. USPS only takes over for the domestic leg of the delivery. If you're buying batteries from an overseas vendor, there should be no change in the shipping price.

Most people used to buy from Chinese vendor, and shipping was free, or dirt chip because Chinese use EMS=USPS.

From I think May 16th any buyer (by US law> buyer=importer) ordering li-ion batteries from China (or Hong Kong)via EMS-USPS will be involved in illegal activity.

Unfortunately that is a new reality. No more li-ion batteries from China via EMS-USPS.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Most people used to buy from Chinese vendor, and shipping was free, or dirt chip because Chinese use EMS=USPS.

From I think May 16th any buyer (by US law> buyer=importer) ordering li-ion batteries from China (or Hong Kong)via EMS-USPS will be involved in illegal activity.

Unfortunately that is a new reality. No more li-ion batteries from China via EMS-USPS.
China Post is the EMS cooperative member that handles the package inside China. They deliver it to an airport and it is put aboard a plane NOT operated by the USPS. The USPS only takes over when the plane arrives. The USPS is not engaged in flying packages from international shippers to the United States. There will be no change in the situation regarding inbound battery shipments.

The United States Postal Service (USPS) is the EMS Cooperative member of United States, and is in charge of delivering EMS packages inside United States.
For example, an EMS package from China to U.S. is delivered by both EMS China and USPS. EMS China collects the package from the shipper, delivers it inside China, and then put it on a plane to U.S.. USPS takes over when the plane arrives and delivers the package from the airport to the receiver.
If you have any question about a USPS package, or an EMS package that is being delivered inside United States, please contact USPS. Their service number is 1-800-275-8777 (1-800-ASK-USPS).
USPS Tracking

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Please forgive me if this has been covered in this thread already. I'm not able to stay online very long, so I haven't read the entire thread.

My question is: are these batteries ok to use in a LavaTube: PANASONIC 18650 PROTECTED NCR18650A 3100mAh FREE Shipping from Florida-USA. 18650 cell-Made in Japan, Protection IC's-Made in Japan

I've heard great things about these other batteries:CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell
If anyone can tell me which batteries are the best, I'd greatly appreciate it!
This is my first LT, and the world of mods is new to me. :) Many thanks!! :)

maximaseefu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2009
Fort Myers, FL
Please forgive me if this has been covered in this thread already. I'm not able to stay online very long, so I haven't read the entire thread.

My question is: are these batteries ok to use in a LavaTube: PANASONIC 18650 PROTECTED NCR18650A 3100mAh FREE Shipping from Florida-USA. 18650 cell-Made in Japan, Protection IC's-Made in Japan

I believe those are too long.

I've heard great things about these other batteries:CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell

These are the only ones I use.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA

The batteries in the second link you preferred to is the battery that is talked about in this thread. And those are the ones I use.

The first link...those 3100 mah ones will not fit. The height of those batteries are 68.9mm. The LT only fits a true 65.0mm Battery which is the size in the second link. The High Drain Panasonic CGR18650CH 10A 18650 Rechargeable Battery Cell IMR is the one to go for.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Sad Society,

Many thanks for the info! :) I've been to the orbtronic website checking on what batts they have available, and it is a big help to have clarification!

Also, I was thinking of getting this charger: XTAR WP2 II intelligent 18650 lithium-ion battery charger
I didn't get an LT kit, just the tube and batteries, so I need a good quality charger to go with it. If I could afford it just now, I'd get the 6 slot XTAR charger. But that will have to wait until payday. :)

I've heard good thing about this charger, too. I've shopped around, and the price on this at orbtronic seems to be the lowest I can find. Even cheaper than some of the ecig suppliers. I just hope the charger gets here before my LT does! :ohmy: Next time I buy a mod, I'm getting the entire kit, but I did get a good deal on this first one. (Co-op price)

Again, thank you for the info!

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Sad Society,

Many thanks for the info! :) I've been to the orbtronic website checking on what batts they have available, and it is a big help to have clarification!

Also, I was thinking of getting this charger: XTAR WP2 II intelligent 18650 lithium-ion battery charger
I didn't get an LT kit, just the tube and batteries, so I need a good quality charger to go with it. If I could afford it just now, I'd get the 6 slot XTAR charger. But that will have to wait until payday. :)

I've heard good thing about this charger, too. I've shopped around, and the price on this at orbtronic seems to be the lowest I can find. Even cheaper than some of the ecig suppliers. I just hope the charger gets here before my LT does! :ohmy: Next time I buy a mod, I'm getting the entire kit, but I did get a good deal on this first one. (Co-op price)

Again, thank you for the info!

That looks like a nice charger in the link you posted. I've never used it...but it looks nice. The Charger I use is this one..a wall charger AG-126 Lithium Ion Battery Charger I didn't buy it from Madvapes though. I got the same one from Ebay. It's a nice quiet charger. The batteries' max charge is 4.25 and any higher is unsafe. This charger only charges them to 4.21 (which is good enough for me) and doesn't go any higher, even when leaving the batteries in charger when they are already charged.

Ofcourse I never charge my batteries unattended and even if they are not fully charged in the charger and I have to leave, I take the charger out of the wall.

You can check the voltage of the batteries on the LT itself. But it is safer and wiser to have a multimeter on hand. Especially when you are charging batteries on a new charger that you are unfamiliar with. These batteries can be overcharged.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East

This is absolutely and unequivocally UNTRUE!

I know because I'm hosting a Co-Op for the CGR18650CH's, right now!

What you cannot do is ship Li-ion cells, from the U.S. to other countries using USPS, it's been banned.

You can use other freight carriers though if you want to ship them from here to other countries and there are some additional rules for local transport:

USPS Rules for Li-ions

Lex0r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Does this one : PANASONIC NCR18650A FREE Shipping from Florida, USA. 3100mAh Li-ion. Made in Japan. Made by Panasonic Li-ion 18650 battery cell work on provaris?

or lava tubes. Or is there any problems to using them on any of these devices?

From what I understand, for the lava tube, you should use the flat top high drain IMR 18650, and for the provari, you should use the nipple top high drain IMR 18650. I just ordered 2 of the high drain flat top IMR 18650 for my LT and I expect them to perform great, based on what I have read here on ECF. I am not sure about the battery you linked to.

dcannon1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
Savannah, GA
Does this one : PANASONIC NCR18650A FREE Shipping from Florida, USA. 3100mAh Li-ion. Made in Japan. Made by Panasonic Li-ion 18650 battery cell work on provaris?

or lava tubes. Or is there any problems to using them on any of these devices?
These work great in Provaris: New! Panasonic CGR18650CH With Top Button, 2250mAh IMR High Drain 18650 Battery Cell-Made in Japan

These work great in LTs: CGR18650CH Panasonic 18650 Li-Mn-Li-ion CGR18650CH High Drain 10A Rechargeable IMR Hybrid Battery Cell

Same battery, but the top ones have the button top needed for the Provari to make a connection.

KickServe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
colorado

Strontium

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2012
Hurricane State
China Post is the EMS cooperative member that handles the package inside China. They deliver it to an airport and it is put aboard a plane NOT operated by the USPS. The USPS only takes over when the plane arrives. The USPS is not engaged in flying packages from international shippers to the United States. There will be no change in the situation regarding inbound battery shipments.

USPS Tracking

I did my research again, - Sailor you are right.

The good: USPS will reconsider removing this policy beginning 2013. (Of course - USPS is loosing money)

The bad: If something goes wrong with Chinese battery supplier, US customers cannot ship them back. Yes, we can but only via UPS, FedEx....$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread