Battery Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
New York
I've been having a lot of issues with my battery's as of late. I ordered a satin stealth auto battery, and a satin manual diamond. About two weeks into having the auto it stopped charging properly. When I put it on the charger the light on the charger would come on immediately, instead of the usual pause. Then no matter long how long it stayed on the charger it never charged. So I contacted V4L, and they sent me a new one. Two weeks later the same happened to that one. Contacted them again got a new one. And 3 weeks later the same thing happens. Now the manual diamond lasted about 3 months, but just recently started doing the same thing. Now I'm not trying to bash V4L, but this isn't right. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or are they just faulty battery's? I want to keep buying products from V4L, but if every time I order I have to buy new battery's then it isn't worth it. And it's really hard to stay off cigarettes when your battery's go and that's all you have.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    The only thing I can suggest is perhaps you are screwing the battery too tightly into the charger. And/or you might new to perform a 'post lift' on either the battery, the charger, or both. And does this happen with all of your chargers, or do you only have the one?

In answer to your question re: faulty batteries, I have been buying from them for over 3 years and have only ever had one battery be bad, so I'm sure the experience you are having is not normal.

MystStick

ECF Veteran
    K9Luvr has made some great suggestions! I also agree with her on the batteries.... I have been buying them here for over a year and still have yet had one go south on me. Sounds like it might be more of an issue with the charger, than the battery. Do you have more than one charger that you could test it with?

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    I don't have another charger from V4L. Can you explain more what your suggestions mean?

Edit: But I have non V4L battery's that work fine on the V4L charger, and I've never had a issue with.

Since I can't speak to the non-V4L batteries working, I'm thinking that the post on either the charger or battery(s) might be pushed in too much, so that there is no contact happening between the two devices. If you search this forum for 'raising the post', you can find lots of info and/or links to videos to explain a little better.

Perhaps Morandir will get an opportunity to respond; he is always full of helpful information.

Last edited:

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2010
    New York
    RandomHero sir a few questions-

Are you using prefills or filling your own (which includes tanks)?

Any leaking issues?

You're using the slim line charger correct?

Is the light going straight to red and that's it never going green or what exactly is it doing?

Sorry for the questions, but trust me they're important. :)

As of now I'm using a brand I can buy in stores on the V4L battery's. no leaking. I'm not sure what the charger is called but it has a short cord and it is flat in the back where the cord is, and rounded where you plug in the Ecig. And yes it goes straight to red, and never turns green. The problem with the stealth battery's is I can't tell if they're correctly in because there's no light flash like the others. But my other satin does the same thing. It goes to red and never turns green. I would like to have a solution because I want to order from V4L again, but there is no way I am buying new battery's again.

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2010
    New York
    You're using the old school wall charger. There's a reason they replaced it with the slim line charger, it has the potential to overcharge the newer (stealth, vapor titan, and king diamond) batteries. That honestly could be the source of the problem.

But what if it's not? What if I buy a new charger and it keeps happening?

BHam

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    www.vapor4life.com
    RandonHero, I'm Brandon, the Social Media Community manager and I assure you, if you decide to pick up the Slim Charger and you still have the same issue, I will replace the charger and the batteries that have been causing you issues, with no charge to you. I have to agree with Morandir about the charger. The old black wall chargers weren't designed to charge our newer battery cells (Original Vapor King, Vapor Titan, or Stealth series) and this is why we suggest using the Slim Chargers. With the overcharge protection built in, the Slim Chargers know when to stop supplying current to the batteries and this is why you get a green light. The old black chargers, without the overcharge protection, will keep supplying current to the batteries even if they are at 99% charged. You can reach me directly at brandon@vapor4life.com with any other questions.

But what if it's not? What if I buy a new charger and it keeps happening?

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2010
    New York
    RandonHero, I'm Brandon, the Social Media Community manager and I assure you, if you decide to pick up the Slim Charger and you still have the same issue, I will replace the charger and the batteries that have been causing you issues, with no charge to you. I have to agree with Morandir about the charger. The old black wall chargers weren't designed to charge our newer battery cells (Original Vapor King, Vapor Titan, or Stealth series) and this is why we suggest using the Slim Chargers. With the overcharge protection built in, the Slim Chargers know when to stop supplying current to the batteries and this is why you get a green light. The old black chargers, without the overcharge protection, will keep supplying current to the batteries even if they are at 99% charged. You can reach me directly at brandon@vapor4life.com with any other questions.

Okay, thank you very much, I'm taking you up on your offer. Making a order right now!

RandomHero

ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2010
    New York

Still having issues. Sent you a email.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread