Battery problem on IPV4 box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smickey

Feb 20, 2016
Okay so last week I got a IPV4. After I was done using it I turned off the system and left the batteries inside the mod. A few hours later, I turned the system back on and my batteries are dead although the battery life was a little more than half full when I turned it off. Why did this happen? I now had one discharged battery which was bull.....

After I got a new battery to replace the discharged one, I let my friend borrow my vape for a few hours. When I got it back, the battery was dead again! And I had another discharged battery. Needless to say, I was ....... My friend told me he used it very sparingly and turned it off at half battery or so.

Later on I decided to take out my batteries every time after I turn off the mod. And when I pop the batteries back in, everything is fine and dandy. This has just made me realize that the mod is draining the batteries even when the system is off.

Why tf does this happen? It's incredibly frustrating. Is this a problem with all IPV4's? Or just mine specifically? Or am I missing something?? I've owned a mech mod in the past and a smok XCUBE2. Both mods never had this problem. So wtf IPV4? Can someone give me a possible explanation? Or help me out here?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
are you putting the batteries in wrong?? proper way is ...the right one goes in + side up, the left one goes in + side down....

It wouldn't turn on if the batteries were in wrong.

The "problem" is that the IPV4 like the vast majority of regulated mods doesn't really turn off, it goes into a standby mode. It always has current running through the chip. It has to, otherwise it wouldn't recognize when you pressed the button to turn it back on. The only regulated mods that really turn all the way off are ones that have a separate toggle switch that completely cuts the circuit when it's toggled one direction and completes the circuit when it's toggled the other.

Every mod that uses the same button to turn the mod on and fire the mod never really turns off, they only go into Standby mode.

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
Okay so last week I got a IPV4. After I was done using it I turned off the system and left the batteries inside the mod. A few hours later, I turned the system back on and my batteries are dead although the battery life was a little more than half full when I turned it off. Why did this happen? I now had one discharged battery which was bull.....

After I got a new battery to replace the discharged one, I let my friend borrow my vape for a few hours. When I got it back, the battery was dead again! And I had another discharged battery. Needless to say, I was ....... My friend told me he used it very sparingly and turned it off at half battery or so.

Later on I decided to take out my batteries every time after I turn off the mod. And when I pop the batteries back in, everything is fine and dandy. This has just made me realize that the mod is draining the batteries even when the system is off.

Why tf does this happen? It's incredibly frustrating. Is this a problem with all IPV4's? Or just mine specifically? Or am I missing something?? I've owned a mech mod in the past and a SMOK XCUBE2. Both mods never had this problem. So ... IPV4? Can someone give me a possible explanation? Or help me out here?

Although, luckily I've not had any issues with any of my IPV's, there have been issues with the them, the IPV4 in particular. Have you tried removing the balance/charging board in the device? Before giving up on it I would try that. Good luck with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread