Battery Question for Vamo V2+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
I'm about to make some purchases and I'm starting out with the Vamo V2+ as my first PV.

The site I'm buying from has these batteries... efest IMR 18650 .

Is this a legit battery and what other brands to you suggest.

I've done so much research I'm now at information overload and can't remember what I read about batteries..doh !

Efest IMR 2000mAh 3.7v 18650 Battery

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I'm about to make some purchases and I'm starting out with the Vamo V2+ as my first PV.

The site I'm buying from has these batteries... efest IMR 18650 .

Is this a legit battery and what other brands to you suggest.

I've done so much research I'm now at information overload and can't remember what I read about batteries..doh !

Efest IMR 2000mAh 3.7v 18650 Battery

As long as they're HIGH DRAIN UNPROTECTED you're good to go.
Best batteries, in no particular order, are Panasonic, AW and Efest. Just be sure the Vendor is reputable and not selling knockoffs. Discount Vapors is reputable.
If needing extra batts shipping is 1- 1 1/2 weeks but very inexpensive and genuine:
3400 mah
$15.88 Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - button top / 55mohm internal resistance at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
2250 mah
$10.51 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Thanks so much Vapoor eyes !

I will order these in addition to the efest. This way I can use the efest (ships sooner) until the pannies arrive.

Thanks again :)

As long as they're HIGH DRAIN UNPROTECTED you're good to go.
Best batteries, in no particular order, are Panasonic, AW and Efest. Just be sure the Vendor is reputable and not selling knockoffs. Discount Vapors is reputable.
If needing extra batts shipping is 1- 1 1/2 weeks but very inexpensive and genuine:
3400 mah
$15.88 Panasonic NCR18650B 18650 3.7V 3400mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack - button top / 55mohm internal resistance at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
2250 mah
$10.51 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Thanks so much Vapoor eyes !

I will order these in addition to the efest. This way I can use the efest (ships sooner) until the pannies arrive.

Thanks again :)

You're very welcome Gerick. You're going to LOVE the Vamo. Just remember to set it to N02 (rather than N01) and wattage (rather than voltage). My only caution is be very careful with the 510 connector. Try not to over tighten anything and it should last a long time :thumbs:

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Yes I remember during research to set it to NO2 ,but I wasn't aware about being careful with the 510 connector,but now that I know
I will be extra careful.

Thanks
You're very welcome Gerick. You're going to LOVE the Vamo. Just remember to set it to N02 (rather than N01) and wattage (rather than voltage). My only caution is be very careful with the 510 connector. Try not to over tighten anything and it should last a long time :thumbs:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Yes I remember during research to set it to NO2 ,but I wasn't aware about being careful with the 510 connector,but now that I know
I will be extra careful.
Thanks

Yes when the Vamo is in No1 the voltage firing is up and down (50? times per sec) so if you're set at 4 volts 1/2 the time it's 8 volts and the other 1/2 it's 0 volts which averages out to 4 volts. N02 is a constant so if you're firing at 4 volts it always gives 4 volts. Wattage setting will automatically detect the ohms on your carto, clearo, etc and always fire at the same voltage. Basically once you know your wattage it's set and forget.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC

It's me again..haha

Do you know if the newer model Vamo v2+ which discount vapors carries does not need a 510/Ego adapter like the vamo V2 that fasttrack has in stock ?

Discount vapors just got the new batch of vamo v2 's in 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
It's me again..haha

Do you know if the newer model Vamo v2+ which discount vapors carries does not need a 510/Ego adapter like the vamo V2 that fasttrack has in stock ?

Discount vapors just got the new batch of vamo v2 's in 2 weeks ago.

Thanks

LOL ya got me and I don't know :confused: Here's the Vamo Forum where you could post the question:
VAMO

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Why not just the V3 is stainless if you want to use all the Kanger heads. Better display and drip well which is removeable. With or without rhinestones and looks great, much better than the pictures. Just ordered my third Vamo over the weekend the stainless V3 as I already have the V2 an V3 in chrome.

coat

Apr 16, 2013
N/A
I was curious. I got the 18350 Efest with my vamo and the battery life is terrible..I was just wondering how long yours last.

The 18350 is only 800mah, so it won't last very long. If this is causing problems for you, try the 18650. 2000mah lasts me 1.5-2 days.
If you don't mind the larger size, it's definitely worth it for the batt life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread