Battery recommendation for DrawTube Mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
so im not sure of the right spot to post this but i havent hit 70 posts yet so i figured i would ask here.

I just purchased a DrawTube from the classifieds and before it gets here i wanted to know what sort of battery should i get. right now i have a 18650 2200MAH battery that came with my LavaTube and a 18650-26fv Samsung sdi 4ca1 ( i just read these off the battery label) that came with my evic. would any of these work? Which is better? or can someone point me in the right direction for getting something a bit safer than what i already have. i need to get a battery and charger and before i do i figured i would go ask first. i have been doing little research about mechs before i purchased one so i wanted to get something that i could start with first before dropping the big bucks on something fancy... any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
AW IMR batts are safe...
AW Lithium Manganese (IMR) rechargeable 18650:

•Are safer (not needing circuits)

•Work when you need them (extreme reliability)

•Are ideally suited for high power applications (over 15 amps)

•Deliver faster discharge rates (along with less capacity)

battaw18650

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
cool, thanks Unsure, also since u replied first im going to ask u something else hahah, what is the tell tell sign i should look for that my battery is going to need to recharge...lol and what i mean by that is from threads i have read , one does not want to fully drain thier battery. so is it just a educated guess by experience, will there be less vapor production, should i go to work with a multimeter to check for voltage drop... all of the above perhaps lol

AW IMR batts are safe...
AW Lithium Manganese (IMR) rechargeable 18650:

•Are safer (not needing circuits)

•Work when you need them (extreme reliability)

•Are ideally suited for high power applications (over 15 amps)

•Deliver faster discharge rates (along with less capacity)

battaw18650

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
cool, thanks Unsure, also since u replied first im going to ask u something else hahah, what is the tell tell sign i should look for that my battery is going to need to recharge...lol and what i mean by that is from threads i have read , one does not want to fully drain thier battery. so is it just a educated guess by experience, will there be less vapor production, should i go to work with a multimeter to check for voltage drop... all of the above perhaps lol

Im a lil' OCD :) I change out my 18650s @ 3.9v I have 10). My Tesla is a VV which uses 2 AW IMR 18350s but mantain any voltage set till circuit recognize there not enough power to keep it.

DurrtyMethodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
New Mexico
Im a lil' OCD :) I change out my 18650s @ 3.9v I have 10). My Tesla is a VV which uses 2 AW IMR 18350s but mantain any voltage set till circuit recognize there not enough power to keep it.

note to self... buy 5 batteries lol!!! im slightly ocd too... i can tell because all i think about are the darn batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread