battery rotation or charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Off topic, but Mooch has a video about how to get the most life from your batteries. He mentions something about trying to run them between 20-80%. I have no way to check that (my charger just has LEDs and my multi-meter is cheap analog... I do need a good digital meter for working on cars and it would be nice to use on vape batteries as well) And then there is something about storing batteries... keep them less than fully charged (3.7 volts?) I think this was the video:

Reactions: Mooch

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
somebody here uses one of those magnetic ones,maybe @SupplyDaddy

Yep, That's me!

I use the magnetic style connectors on all my vapes, even my Evolve DNA's that I built have a magetic connector on them. No issues what so ever.

I have 1 iStick Pico 21700 that I didn't use one on. It's port will no longer hold a charge connection :( it's twin is still going strong!

However, I do pull out all my batteries now and then and charge them on my Nitecore i4.

retired2020

May 26, 2021
Yep, That's me!

I use the magnetic style connectors on all my vapes, even my Evolve DNA's that I built have a magetic connector on them. No issues what so ever.

I have 1 iStick Pico 21700 that I didn't use one on. It's port will no longer hold a charge connection :( it's twin is still going strong!

However, I do pull out all my batteries now and then and charge them on my Nitecore i4.
thanks:) i do have 4 aegis's,the newest one has a board problem.(luck of the draw)
3014978.jpg

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yep, That's me!

Got a link to the ones you use?

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    I keep batteries in the mods that are in rotation, and some spare charged batteries on hand. When the batteries in the mods get weak, I put them in the charger and insert the spare batteries in the mod. The charged spares include a single 18650, a married pair of 18650s, one 21700, and three 20700s. I don't know how many I own in total.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread