Battery testing - choices for series circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martö

I like how you all are doing testing. I'm glad someone is putting something together for me seeing something like this is better than nothing.

Have you exhausted yourselves first on the manufacturer of the batteries? Ask them for a Product Data Sheet, Technical Specification, or a Data Sheet? If not then pursue this route first as this work may already be completed.

I do want to point out that testing just one battery isn't an over all picture of how these batteries will work for anyone else. Also if they change anything in the manufacturing process or manufacturer all these numbers will may be incorrect.

I suggest you don't post just random testing charts up... Put this together by battery first all in one simple PDF, explain your process, explain the mfg date if known give as much information as possible. You can search on battery product data sheets that are out there to get an idea of what to do with your tests. But they need to know this isn't a scientific test it has no merit and it is not statistically sound.

however you may wish to look at this as he has already done some 2012 testing. Battery test-review 18650 summary

M

Martö

Oh yea I already posted about LiFePO4 earlier while you have abused them with massive amp drain and heat. You've cooked them like a dry carto burning filler sure they'll work but not as expected..

LiFePO4 can take abuse but yep they were venting you have also shorted them internally they will not preform as expected. so any tests that go beyond mfg limits are void.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Glad to see this back open, great thread and wanted to see it, thanks for opening back up Rolygate

@ Martö ,, Trust me when I tell ya ForcedFuel & AriM have forgotten more about Batts then most will ever know about them. It's time to sit back and watch the results here and listen to what goes on for a while.

Last edited:
M

Martö

If you all are serious about doing this properly and getting scientific data out of it and willing to put the work into it. I checked the grant available for anything in this field.

Grants.gov - Home

There is this one W911NF-07-R-0001-05 Dept of the Army -- Materiel Command 12.431 -- Basic Scientific Research Grants.gov - Find Grant Opportunities - Opportunity Synopsis

and 2 pages on batteries. so keyword search batteries

Be warned this is a long and tedious process at least for me. Just to do a paper and get peer reviewed takes years to plan with trying to work and have a life.

M

Martö

Glad to see this back open, great thread and wanted to see it, thanks for opening back up Rolygate

@ Martö ,, Trust me when I tell ya ForcedFuel & AriM have forgotten more about Batts then most will ever know about them. It's time to sit back and watch the results here and listen to what goes on for a while.

LOL, sounds good too me, just thought I'd add more fuel for the fires. I mean food for thought :D

AriM

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
San Diego
www.sweetspotvapors.com
Marto, I would love to do fully qualified testing, however I think it's beyond the scope of what ECF needs. Also It's cheaper for me to just pay out of pocket to do this form of testing, as it directly reflects my business practices and is going to be done regardless. So why not share the wealth.

Thank you for the suggestion and links to the trials though. I am aware of the process for grant acquisition. My fear is that, as soon as "electronic cigarettes" are mentioned, the interview will be over.

On the issue of factory data sheets. They are most certainly available. Most are under unrealistic conditions though, and the tests are skewed to reach a specific goal. What we are trying to do here is simulate the needs of a PV device, and determine the safety limits, as well as generate a safe recommendation for the general public. At least that is my impression of this testing.

[post edited by Admin to remove ambiguities]

Last edited by a moderator:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by rolygate

AriM

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2011
San Diego
www.sweetspotvapors.com