Status
Not open for further replies.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Before it's asked, these were bought from Liion Wholesale on 10/13.
Never dropped, overcharged or discharged too low.
Never had juice spilled on it.
I will admit I dropped the ball. Neither 3000mah battery seemed to perform as well as the 25r as far as length of charge. If I had acted that first day or so I could have had them replaced.

Anyway, noticed during inspection time that one is turning black under the wrap. I know for a fact it's not juice. I know they haven't been dropped or mistreated.

Any ideas what may have happened? Looks like it's started at the bottom and working its way up. The second looks like it's all black like under the wrap. I've included a picture of the one that is easier to see.

Obviously they are out of rotation now.

Attachments

• 20171030_202655.jpg
    20171030_202655.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 200
  • 20171030_202701.jpg
    20171030_202701.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 20171030_202721.jpg
    20171030_202721.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 192
Reactions: Opinionated

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
Found threads.
Seems yes and no. I will submit to it being common, but this set has never performed better than the 2500mah Samsung's as far as length of charge, with all variables being as close to each other as possible.

Either way, going to retire them.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Found threads.
Seems yes and no. I will submit to it being common, but this set has never performed better than the 2500mah Samsung's as far as length of charge, with all variables being as close to each other as possible.

Either way, going to retire them.

Well, if you are referring to the VTC 5A in the picture, they are also 2500 mAh

• Informative
Reactions: jfcooley

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Not going to bother. Embarrassed that I missed that. Embarrassed that I didn't varify because I'd had successful orders before.

Just won't order from them again.

Stuff happens, man. You're being too hard on yourself. The mark of a good reseller is their customer service. Reach out and see!

Mr. Relentless

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2017
Agreed it's not your job to bust out the magnifying glass to see if you Got the right stuff. Its their job to send the right stuff in the first place. And what sets apart companies from each other is costumer service. And that's why I like Liionwholesale.

Last edited:

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
One of two things is going on, neither of them extremely worrisome.

The wraps are heat shrink tubes, meaning they're heated and constrict over the metal casing. If the batteries are getting warm, which they normally do, naturally, the tubes may be tightening up a bit more around the casing.

Or, as another poster said, condensation has crept under the tube and is causing the battery to appear darker than normal.

2 things can be done to remedy that. 1 rewrap them. Sometimes the wraps that comes from factory aren't fully sealed. It happens. 2 if the discoloration bothers you, rewrap them in a darker sleeve. Brown or black are good ones to use. Plus, if you have multiple sets, it will help identify which sets are which. I had 4 sets for 1 device, 1 set was green, 1 set yellow, 1 set orange, last set red.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Before it's asked, these were bought from Liion Wholesale on 10/13.
Never dropped, overcharged or discharged too low.
Never had juice spilled on it.
I will admit I dropped the ball. Neither 3000mah battery seemed to perform as well as the 25r as far as length of charge. If I had acted that first day or so I could have had them replaced.

Anyway, noticed during inspection time that one is turning black under the wrap. I know for a fact it's not juice. I know they haven't been dropped or mistreated.

Any ideas what may have happened? Looks like it's started at the bottom and working its way up. The second looks like it's all black like under the wrap. I've included a picture of the one that is easier to see.

Obviously they are out of rotation now.

It is moisture under the wrap. You state no juice leaked down on them, nor that they took a dive into a cup of water or such. Still moisture can be pulled from the very air, from air humidity during use, especially heavy strain (high watts) with very humid air, when the battery cools that moisture is pulled under the wrap. Only thing it will affect is the casing of the battery leading to rust and corrosion, solution, remove the wrap, dry the battery off, and re-wrap the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread