Battle Pack first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Got my battle pack in the mailbox today and got busy right away sampling the flavors. I just couldn't wait.... So, here are my first impressions:

Bianca's Bliss: YUMMMMMMM...... I like that one. I can't pinpoint what's in it (not yet at least) but it's gooooood.... Fruity, sweet but not too sweet. Could turn out to be yet another all-day vape. I think it may have some blueberry and maybe a bit of cream or yellow cake, I'm not sure. I will let it steep for a few days and then try again to see if I can get an idea on the flavors.

That Coconut Stuff: Intense coconut flavor, I'm not tasting much else right now but I'm liking it! I might have to get more of that once it makes it to the regular site.

Conspiracy: Not for me. Intense tobacco flavor and I do NOT like 99% of the tobacco vapes out there, not from M&P and not from anyone else. I just don't like tobacco flavors. Others may love this one but this one is not for me.

Pchela's Poison: Pchela, you've done it again! This is soooooo good! Even better than the "Bliss" I think, especially as a morning vape. Caramel on the inhale, Coffee on the exhale......... OMG! This is some really good poison!!!!!!!!!!! Great job again. this and the five layer will battle for a place in my tanks once I can actually buy this stuff in my preferred 18 mg........ I can't wait until it hits the shelf!!!!!!!!!!

Once again, great creations, guys, and thanks to Scuba for getting this all mixed up this good. :) :hubba:

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Nice review! I am trying them now for the second time. Not going to do another review until a week has past, but they are really coming into their own. I think I could live off these four flavors. They are so diverse, and each one is fabulous!

Sorry that you don't like tobacco, but I'm glad they put a tobacco in the Battle Pack. I am not into coffee vapes, but the caramel mochaccino (Pchela's Poison) is very good. Probably the only coffee vape I can do. Conspiracy will change quite a bit, so give it another chance in a week. The tobacco will smooth out.

I am still waiting for the pecan flavor to come out of Bianca's Bliss. It makes for a yummy dessert vape. That Coconut Stuff is a delicious Tropical flavor that holds up really well at high voltage.

I think they might need to sell the Battle Pack in 30ml bottles! Just send me a pack each month and I could be happy. My favorite so far is the Conspiracy, but I normally vape tobaccos. And it is becoming my favorite tobacco (especially since my Haze has three days left until it is fully steeped).

Scuba just does amazing work!!!

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
Except for a very few, I don't enjoy juices till they've steeped. Depending on the juice it can be anywhere from one to eight weeks. But since this is "first impressions" I'll join in. lol I've tried the flavors twice to date.

Conspiracy:
6/21 Strong raisin taste. Can't identify other flavors yet.
6/24 Raisin is fading and other flavors are beginning to come through.
This is an interesting juice. I prefer tobacco flavors and I think this will become a favorite when all the flavors meld.

Bianca's Bliss:
6/21 Strong taste of pineapple. I can tell there are other flavors but can't identify them yet.
6/24 Can now detect blueberry, but not the cake or pecan. Needs more steep time but I think I'm going to like this one too.

Pchela's Poison:
6/21 Strong cappucino taste. I was really worried about this one because I don't care for cappucino juices.
6/24 Cappucino taste is gone, replaced by a mild coffee taste. But now I'm beginning to taste a hint of marshmallow and just a bit of caramel. An entirely different taste from three days ago. This is getting very good but needs more steep time.

That Coconut Stuff:
6/21 Strong taste of lime. That was almost all I could taste.
6/24 Lime has faded to just a faint hint. Now I can taste the coconut and cream. There was a huge change of flavor in just three days but needs more steeping for me.

I never judge a flavor till it has steeped long enough to taste well blended to me. I'll wait a week now before I try them again but my initial thoughts on all four of these is that I'm going to really like them.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do you guys really get coffee??? I hate coffee and there's not any in the poison... I don't think... :confused:

Yep, so far definitely a coffee/cappuchino/mocha taste to it. It is gooooood and I usually don't like coffee vapes either. But this is delicious... Maybe I should let it steep a while before trying again to see if you are right and there's maybe no coffee after all? LOL!

pchela

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2010
The only blue county in Texas!
I'm almost positive there's no coffee... one of the versions did have coffee and I could smell and taste it immediately - I really dislike coffee. Maybe something about the caramel mixed with chocolate? Weird - I would never have set out to make a juice that has anything to do with coffee... I really hate it! Maybe it's because I had one with coffee in it to compare and that's why I don't taste a coffee taste?

edit - there might be a single drop of mocha in there.... ???

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
This is so interesting! Just so you guys know, every bottle that has gone out was made in one single batch. It is very interesting to see how many different tastes you can get out of the exact same thing, lol. I love reading what everyone tastes in a juice as soon as it comes out.

Pchela - a drop of mocha is right on the money.

Hope you guys continue having fun as they steep and change!!

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yay! I was right! But, I still don't taste coffee - to me, coffee vapes are bitter and leave a weird aftertaste but this one is sweet and delicious!

Well, maybe it needs some steeping time. When I tried it yesterday, I got a pretty strong coffee/mocha taste and with the other undertones that I can't define yet, I was surprised that I liked it but it was gooooood and even though I drink coffee, I generally don't care for coffee vapes! I'll let it sit for a week or so before trying it again. I can't wait to see what it'll taste then! I hope I'll still like it! LOL!

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
I'm almost positive there's no coffee... one of the versions did have coffee and I could smell and taste it immediately - I really dislike coffee. Maybe something about the caramel mixed with chocolate? Weird - I would never have set out to make a juice that has anything to do with coffee... I really hate it! Maybe it's because I had one with coffee in it to compare and that's why I don't taste a coffee taste?

edit - there might be a single drop of mocha in there.... ???

I was going to wait a week before tasting these "Battle Pack" flavors again, but after reading your post I had to try your's again. lol

It has changed quite a bit again, in just one more day. There is just a faint hint of the 'coffee' taste I was getting. It's taking on a more chocolatey taste, but it's not quite 'there' yet for me. I can't wait for it to reach its completed blending, because it's shaping up to be quite delicious.

Instead of waiting a week, I'm going to taste all four each day as they steep. I hope more folks will be reporting their first impressions. It's so interesting seeing how differently we taste flavors, from fresh to steeped.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Trying the "Poison" again, Pchela............... I still taste some coffee/mocha in there but it is not as pronounced as it was. There's more of a Chocolate undertone now. I still love it!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think it'll get much more steeping time at my house. It's just too good. Haven't retried the other flavors yet. I can't wait for the Poison to make it to the regular sales page. I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
LOL - well, I'm glad you love it! I would have said I'd never, ever like a coffee vape but I guess I do...

Nah. Just because there's coffee flavour in it doesn't make it a "coffee vape." Lime is a primary component of Morgan's That Coconut Stuff but I haven't heard anyone call it a "lime vape." There's more egg whites than chocolate in a Three Musketeers Bar but nobody calls it an "egg bar."

You may not be able to say you don't like any vapes with coffee in them, but you don't have to say you like a coffee vape :)

pchela

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2010
The only blue county in Texas!
This is just one of the many reasons I love you Pwyll! :)

Nah. Just because there's coffee flavour in it doesn't make it a "coffee vape." Lime is a primary component of Morgan's That Coconut Stuff but I haven't heard anyone call it a "lime vape." There's more egg whites than chocolate in a Three Musketeers Bar but nobody calls it an "egg bar."

You may not be able to say you don't like any vapes with coffee in them, but you don't have to say you like a coffee vape :)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Except for a very few, I don't enjoy juices till they've steeped. Depending on the juice it can be anywhere from one to eight weeks. But since this is "first impressions" I'll join in. lol I've tried the flavors twice to date.

Conspiracy:
6/21 Strong raisin taste. Can't identify other flavors yet.
6/24 Raisin is fading and other flavors are beginning to come through.
This is an interesting juice. I prefer tobacco flavors and I think this will become a favorite when all the flavors meld.

Bianca's Bliss:
6/21 Strong taste of pineapple. I can tell there are other flavors but can't identify them yet.
6/24 Can now detect blueberry, but not the cake or pecan. Needs more steep time but I think I'm going to like this one too.

Pchela's Poison:
6/21 Strong cappucino taste. I was really worried about this one because I don't care for cappucino juices.
6/24 Cappucino taste is gone, replaced by a mild coffee taste. But now I'm beginning to taste a hint of marshmallow and just a bit of caramel. An entirely different taste from three days ago. This is getting very good but needs more steep time.

That Coconut Stuff:
6/21 Strong taste of lime. That was almost all I could taste.
6/24 Lime has faded to just a faint hint. Now I can taste the coconut and cream. There was a huge change of flavor in just three days but needs more steeping for me.

I never judge a flavor till it has steeped long enough to taste well blended to me. I'll wait a week now before I try them again but my initial thoughts on all four of these is that I'm going to really like them.

Holy vape marlou that's a lot of work Thank you so much wonderful job wow:) wait till I do Conspiracy
115341-contest-battle-pack-2012-part-2-laughinghardslappingtable.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread