The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

BDL - IMR 18650 - Magnetic + Pole Button?

Discussion in 'Battery Issues' started by IndustrialAction, Nov 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. IndustrialAction

IndustrialAction Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Northern VA
    I received an IMR18650 by BDL. When I was looking at it, I noticed that the positive pole was off-center. Imagine my uninitiated surprise when the button top fell off! It turns out, both poles of this battery are flat but it comes with the magnetic button to convert it in to a button top.

So, can anyone tell me if this is a problem either for charging or for use in the Phidias I have coming in a day or so? I got the IMR for safety reasons but now I'm wondering if it will actually suit my needs.

2. Papa Lazarou

Papa Lazarou Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2008
    UK
    The ones I've got just came as flat tops. I guess yours might have been bundled with magnets. I'm using one (without a magnet) in a Phidias right now, no problem. You can use a magnet to help make contact with the charger if necessary - no problem with that.

3. lrd3

lrd3 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2010
    n.j
    your all good IA... the aws come like that. those are the ones i run my Phidias with. his pos connection needs no magnet for the spacer. his pos connect sits a little proud of being flat and they work great. hold on to it though. if the neg spring gets a little warn u can use that as a shim to take up the difference. i have a few mods that need the magnet but most do not....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.