Be wary with Smoking Everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strahan

Nov 29, 2009
Pennsylvania
If you order faster than ground shipping, best check your tracking number and be sure they really ship it right. I ordered some stuff second day air and they shipped it ground, then argued with me about it. I went to their chat support and asked for a refund of the shipping difference. They took forever replying after going back and forth awhile, and their reply was just to give me a tracking number and say it shipped. I went back to the chat (they closed it) and this was my convo (alas didn't save the first one):

Searching for an operator, please stand by.
<SYSTEM>: SmokingEverywhere has entered the conversation.
<SmokingEverywhere>: Hello, how can I help you today?
<You>: Hi. Was I just talking to you about a shipping issue a few mins ago?
<SmokingEverywhere>: oh i give you the tracking number
<You>: Yes, thanks. What about the charge problem?
<SmokingEverywhere>: go to ups's website : 1z548y88a849xxxxxx
<You>: I paid $24.99 for 2 day shipping
<You>: not ground
<SmokingEverywhere>: its in transit ups is taking the time we did send it 2 day shipping

Even supposing they did send it second day, that's their response? UPS is taking their time?? I don't care what the circumstances are, if you purport to be able to get it in my hands in 2 days for $24.99, I expect that timeframe. If it cannot be accomplished, they should've eaten the charge. In this particular case, they didn't even ship it second day they shipped it ground. Continuing the chat..

<You>: No you didn't.. the tracking number says otherwise. Service code A8 is ground.
<You>: 1z ### ### (shipper #) the next 2 digits are svc code. Second day air's svc is 02
<You>: A8 = UPS United States Ground - Adult Sig req'd
<You>: Not trying to be a pain in the ..., just don't wanna pay for 2nd day when it went ground.
<SmokingEverywhere>: hold please
<You>: Sure
<SmokingEverywhere>: you item is going to be delivery tomorrow
<You>: Yep, saw that on the tracking page. The time table of the delivery is not my problem, it's the excess charge.
<You>: I'd just like my card credited for the difference between ground and second day service, since I paid for second day.
<SmokingEverywhere>: sir you place your order on Monday and it takes one day to process 24 hours means on Tuesday you item was ready to be shipped out so Wednesday went out and it takes two days you will receive it by Friday morning

I placed the order on 2/1 and was assured it'd ship that day and UPS shows it going out 2/3. So their logic now is that hey, 2 days + 2/3 = 2/5 which is the actual scheduled delivery date. They think that's acceptable?? It's just lucky on their part that UPS Ground happened to only take 2 days to get to me. That's so shady!! Continuing ...

<You>: OK, but I still paid for UPS 2nd day when you sent it ground
<You>: That's the crux of the issue.
<You>: Also, I was assured it would ship Monday, no mention of a 24 hour process time.
<SmokingEverywhere>: ok sir i spoke to my manager regular shipping is 14.95 we l will take that and the difference will be credit on your next purchase
<You>: Actually, that's not correct either. My order was $109.89, my regular shipping would have been free.
<You>: Your website touts free shipping on orders over $100.
<You>: Your manager is welcome to call me, 443-324-4462.
<SmokingEverywhere>: hold please
<SmokingEverywhere>: hello, after talking to my manager he agreed to provide a credit of $16.04 on your next purchase
<You>: Hehe, ok, I'm too tired to want to argue anymore. That'll be acceptable. Thanks. (PS, you really outta take that "free shipping" offer off the website if you don't honor it). Have a good evening.

So they finally agree to a credit but they won't honor the website's promise of free shipping for orders over $100. What I find really funny is that they only grudgingly moved the credit up by $6 after I kept at them and still had me eat ~$9. I spend over $100 every month on filters.. you'd think they'd have the business acumen to realize that eating $24.99 on shipping (which was their fault anyway) to keep a regular customer happy would be smart.

Guess not! lol. Moral of the story.. if you order from these guys with expedited service, be sure to get a tracking number and verify they ship it right!

Skully7780

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
hartford, ct
Wow, thats.. awsome...

Apparently they don't relize that that shipping difference probably cost them MORE money to not just refund it.

What they -should- have done was to refund your -entire- shipping fee in full. Now they have an upset customer and many others who will see this post and not purchase from them.

On a scale of 1-10 would you recommend this busness?
On a scale of 1-10 would you use this service again?

Yah right...

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
luckily for me SE is locally near me so I never had the bad customer service. My ecig people are awesome and will replace the atty and battery with no problems.

Though your paying and arm and a leg for them... which sucks.

Sorry to hear about your experience with the online rep. I do agree though they should honor their free shipping. If they don't then that grounds for a lawsuit.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have nothing to add to this that hasn't already been said. But, it sure is nice to see your name on my screen again, WV! Good to see you, bud.

(was that a lame segue to sneak a hello in there or what?) LOL

Hey, Richie, much appreciated comments! Thanks for the "Welcome Back" and good to hear from you, again!

Strahan

Nov 29, 2009
Pennsylvania
Who, having read this forum, would be purchasing from them anyway? lol

Hehe, it wasn't my choice. My sister originally bought from them (kiosk sales pitch worked) and my mother kept ordering. I fully intend to replace her e-cig with a real one from a reputable vendor as soon as possible.

As for the amount being spent, well, she claims that she "isn't getting anything" from the filters not too long after putting one on. I dunno if there is a problem with her cig or if she is that much of a smoker. She was I think around 4 pks a day of "analogs" in the past. I don't smoke so I can't try her cig to verify her claims. She is a little, umm.. touched in the head (i.e. nuts lol) sometimes so it's possible it's just her. -shrug-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread