Been doing something stupid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augmxnted

Aug 28, 2017
So ive been wondering why my vape has been leaking for a month and half every time i fill it up. this morning i got fed up and took it to my local smoke shop where i bought it and found out that i havent been screwing the coils in straight so that they line up with the seams. the manager unscrewed the same coil and screwed it back in, i came home, closed the airholes gave it 5 minutes, opened and took a couple hits with absolutely no leakage lol. wondering if anyones ever messed up like this when they were a beginner?

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
So ive been wondering why my vape has been leaking for a month and half every time i fill it up. this morning i got fed up and took it to my local smoke shop where i bought it and found out that i havent been screwing the coils in straight so that they line up with the seams. the manager unscrewed the same coil and screwed it back in, i came home, closed the airholes gave it 5 minutes, opened and took a couple hits with absolutely no leakage lol. wondering if anyones ever messed up like this when they were a beginner?
Just like that? No.

Don't have the time, or the space to list the other areas and ways I messed up though. ;)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't think I've not screwed in a coil correctly but I did make several vape purchases in haste that were not suited to my needs. I've also dropped several--many-- pieces of equipment and I really don't know how many glass tanks I have shattered. So, well, don't feel so bad.... :)

Anna

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
I have taken tanks apart to clean and rebuild them. Put them back together, filled them and had them leak everywhere. The tank literally just drains all over me and my mod. Turns out I forget to put all the parts back in LMAO. I hate to admit it, but this has happened to me more than a couple of times. Normally I get distracted by someone or something and don't pay close enough attention. It also doesn't help that I don't do this at a counter or a desk where I can organize and lay out the parts like I should. I tend to do it in my lap while watching tv.

Reactions: Hawise

Thayamax

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2013
Southeast Michigan
Heck, you don't have to be a beginner to mess up. I've been at this for over 4 1/2 years and just a few weeks ago I didn't close my juice flow control all the way before refilling my tank. I had 5 ml of juice run all over my mod and my hand almost as fast as I poured it in. Hopefully that won't happen again, but I make no promises. :rolleyes:

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I'm sure most everybody has their "oops" moments with vaping. Just like most of us had "oops" moments with smoking. I can't tell you how many filters I lit before I gave up analog cigs. Or light one while another was still burning in the ashtray. Now I leave juice doors open, forget to charge batteries (or just put them in backwards) and a plethora of other dumb stuff.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
One time the top of my big baby came open partly in my pocket. Didnt notice the drip tip was directly over the fill hole when i took a LARGE hit. It worked exactly like a big straw would and i ended up with a LARGE mouthful of juice. And in public with nowhere to spit. So i just swallowed it. Gotta say it was not nice.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago

Don't feel bad. Picture it, back in the Bronze Age of vaping (3 years ago, which is like 3 millennia ago in vape development) when Kanger first came out with their Protank (which was one of the first successful bottom fed tanks with replaceable coils) there were thousands across the globe accidentally unscrewing the tops off and ending up with lap fulls of liquid when they just wanted to move it from one battery to another.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
We all do "stupid" things from time ti time - its a learning process, and getting rid of some autopilot modes. :)

At least you haven't tried lighting your vape yet! Hahaha
Actually, since ya mentioned it....i overpowered some single wire kanthal coils and ignited the vg on the wicks, thus igniting my moustache a little bit. Just a little bit. Yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread