The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Been on here over 10 years

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rob33, Jan 13, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rob33

rob33 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Concord, NC
    Well I've been on here over 10 years and vaping almost 11 years. I seen alot of changes mostly good, some not so good. I've endured the FDA, smokers telling me this was just a fad, and tons of unfounded propaganda. When I started vaping I had spot on my lung, I was extremely short of breath, hell I was a walking train wreck. If I continued what I was doing they'd buried me long ago. It took me a few years before the equipment got good enough to get totally off analogs, but when I got the right stuff I was done in a weekend. With all the things in the news now and a product that has been around for awhile still no real studies of the effects. This is what I do know, I feel tons better, and that spot on my lung is gone, I'm not short winded and my house doesn't stink starting at the front door. I do think vaping products should be sold by someone trained and not at the corner store. There should age verified checkout systems. Flavor bans will do nothing to prevent underage use, kids have sneaking analogs for the last 100 years before flavors. We also knew 10 years ago vaping high levels of nicotine was dangerous, still convenience stores, smoke shops and such are selling products reaching 60mg. Health issues will still arise till they get control of the high nicotine pods and some kid selling starter kits across the counter. Ok Had my 5 minutes, , you'll vape safe.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 27, 2015
    Hawick, Scotland.
    Well done you!

I came to vaping later than you ( only four years ago as of October gone ) but, armed with a decent bit of kit, I got through the first weekend without a craving ( even though the "tobacco" flavoured juice was evil ) and never looked back and I have to say I have never been tempted to smoke since - that from someone who smoked for 50+ years.

• Like Like x 2
  3. RuiG

RuiG Super Member

May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    For me quitting cigs has been a struggle since day1. Nowadays I don't only fight myself against the urge to smoke but also have to stay away from everybody convinced this is the new plague. It's wonderful to read posts like yours. World changes fast... really fast.

• Like Like x 2
  4. somdcomputerguy

somdcomputerguy vaper dedicato Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Well congrats to ya. I've been vaping just a bit over 5 years. I actually didn't have an intention to quit (again..), and I was surprised that this helped me greatly to do so. The health and cost benefits are an added and much appreciated plus.

• Like Like x 2
  5. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    Vaping saved my life, congrats on a decade not enslaved to tobacco.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2